QB Situation Solved!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB Situation Solved!!!

MARLINSFAN305

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Heres what we need to do: Sign UFA QB Billy Volek. This guy has played great in the time hes backed up McNair. Here it says he's a UFA . Now we have a QB with experience challenging for a starting spot. This guy had a very good 63.8% completion rate and had 4 td's and 1 int with a QB rating of 101.4 . Next we draft a QB of the future in the 1st round - Philip Rivers. Now we have Billy Volek starting and Rivers and Sage backing up. THe best thing is that Volek doesnt cost us any draft picks. Whatya think?

not a bad idea at all :) Starting to like it and I'm sure the price would be right....

You're a bit late ...sorry.....musk has already solved our QB problems.....As a matter of fact, I'm trying to get a hold of Wayne right now.......

Not a bad idea, but why did the titians feel the need to bring back ODonnell with a guy, as you say, that has so much going for him. Why haven't the titian already locked him up before FA cy? I've seen him play, he wasn't that bad, but I haven't seen enough to make an assessment, I quess that's why I have all the questions.

I thought they brought back Odonnell because Volek was injured? could be wrong on that

Well, if you played good as a backup one season would you resign especially if you knew you were free to resign with whomever and can have a chance at maybe starting somehwhere else. No, i wouldnt. Also, if Philip Rivers was such a sure thing then he would be the 1st pick in the draft but he is not - every player has question marks.

Originally posted by madcow
I thought they brought back Odonnell because Volek was injured? could be wrong on that

Yeah he was....he is expected to be ready though for the start of training camp next year

I would think they haven't 'tied' him up with another contract as a backup yet because they expect him to probably sign on somewhere else with the chance to start. That team would be willing to pay him more money then the Titans are for a backup role.....just a guess as of now, but we'll have to wait and see.

Billy Volek is going to be looked at closely by several NFL teams. One GM was quoted as saying he could be 2004's Jake Delhomme. Volek played great against Buffalo. He showed poise and a very strong, accurate arm. I was also surprised by his mobility. In college he kept David Carr on the bench at Fresno State and put up nice numbers.

I already am hoping that Buffalo lands him but it will be tough because it looks like we are going to give Bledsoe one more year. Whoever lands Volek will have a very good young QB that played well in his limited NFL starts. He has a lot more upside than Fiedler and I would be worried if Miami landed him.

This has Rob Johnson written all over it. One or two decent relief jobs does not a quarterback make.

Originally posted by A.J. Fin
One or two decent relief jobs does not a quarterback make.

Scott Mitchell anyone?

Let's not forget that Tennesse has a pretty darn good offensive line.

Originally posted by MARLINSFAN305
Heres what we need to do: Sign UFA QB Billy Volek. This guy has played great in the time hes backed up McNair. Here it says he's a UFA . Now we have a QB with experience challenging for a starting spot. This guy had a very good 63.8% completion rate and had 4 td's and 1 int with a QB rating of 101.4 . Next we draft a QB of the future in the 1st round - Philip Rivers. Now we have Billy Volek starting and Rivers and Sage backing up. THe best thing is that Volek doesnt cost us any draft picks. Whatya think?

They could do far worse..

The guy played only like 2 games last year and he got hurt untill the begining of next year do you really think he could make it through an entire season with our line. I doubt it he would just get injured again.

Back
Top Bottom