QB Traits | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB Traits

All fine treats and our quarterback of the future should possess a bit of each. I for one hope he has the ability to make plays, be a play maker and make something happen when needed, someone who strikes to fear in defenses and with two minutes left if he gets the ball he’s capable of moving it down field for six

So go resurrect chad Pennington...be 8-8.

you need a serviceable level of everything. Arm talent is the hardest one to coach or develop. Mahomes, Rodgers have it in spades. I’d take them over everybody else for one game, Mahomes would be my first pick overall in an NFL redraft.

there are plenty of championship level QBs.

two playing right now, Watson and Mahomes.

Of the QBs left I’d rank them like this,

Mahomes
Rodgers
Watson
Tannehill
Wilson
Crapalo

Lmao at ranking Tannehill over Wilson.

Did you just start watching football like 3 weeks ago?

I don't think so. Look at how many big plays come from mobile quarterbacks.

I will use Lamar as an example

Mobility is how Lamar gets extra separation for his TEs and wides those broken plays he extends obviously as well

Lamar isn’t moving safeties out of the way by looking them off -

Mobility is how Lamar gets extra separation for his TEs and wides those broken plays he extends obviously as well

Agreed. Russel Wilson is still the best mobile quarterback because he uses his mobility inside the pocket to buy that extra second for separation. Lamar is a special player but he needs to redefine himself and make those plays and he may become the best quarterback in the league.

The ability to navigate the pocket and sense the rush is an underrated quality most teams are starting to overlook. The discrepancy is obvious when you watch a Mahomes and Watson vs. Trubisky and Allen.

Lj and ravens need open that offensive up next yr..

Lamar and Mahomes.

Both athletes. Both can run. Both are great.

One runs to set up the pass, one runs first..I'll always take the qb who can run when needed over the guy that runs all the time.

In Game Intelligence
CPU speed
Accuracy
Clutch

In Game Intelligence
CPU speed
Accuracy
Clutch

I find it interesting how many of the 'top' traits are intangibles, and how many of those (e.g., clutch, mental quickness) don't translate into NFL success.

I find it interesting how many of the 'top' traits are intangibles, and how many of those (e.g., clutch, mental quickness) don't translate into NFL success.
:lol:
I find it interesting how you must have a different understanding of the meaning of those words.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom