QB Traits | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB Traits

So go resurrect chad Pennington...be 8-8.

you need a serviceable level of everything. Arm talent is the hardest one to coach or develop. Mahomes, Rodgers have it in spades. I’d take them over everybody else for one game, Mahomes would be my first pick overall in an NFL redraft.

there are plenty of championship level QBs.

two playing right now, Watson and Mahomes.

Of the QBs left I’d rank them like this,

Mahomes
Rodgers
Watson
Tannehill
Wilson
Crapalo

I will use Lamar as an example

Mobility is how Lamar gets extra separation for his TEs and wides those broken plays he extends obviously as well

Lamar isn’t moving safeties out of the way by looking them off -
But look at quarterbacks like Mahomes, Rodgers and Wilson. Those guys are virtually unstoppable.

Plays that are throw aways or sacks for Tom Brady can be big plays for quarterbacks who can avoid the rush.

But look at quarterbacks like Mahomes, Rodgers and Wilson. Those guys are virtually unstoppable.

Plays that are throw aways or sacks for Tom Brady can be big plays for quarterbacks who can avoid the rush.

Unstoppable? I notice you didn't mention Jackson.

One more thing about CPU, Am I the only one who noticed how Watson's CPU completely froze in the 2nd half of the game, the guy couldnt make a decision to save his life snap after snap after snap, he litterally held onto the ball way to long.

One more thing about CPU, Am I the only one who noticed how Watson's CPU completely froze in the 2nd half of the game, the guy couldnt make a decision to save his life snap after snap after snap, he litterally held onto the ball way to long.

I noticed his WR's had no desire to get open. One broken play where he was moving around I said, "Somebody had got to be open..."

The replay camera panned from behind Watson and I would almost swear I saw his WR's step FURTHER behind the DB's covering them.

Exactly you find a QB who has the ability to read a D and has mobility that is money right there

What about work ethic? I don't want a QB with talent who's lazy. I also don't want a QB with a recreational drug habit. I also want a QB with high intelligence.

To me the number 1 trait is the love of football the guy who wants to win more than any other and will put in the work in order to be the best... the guy who can’t stand the fact he lost and is busting his tail in the off-season to ensure it does not happen again. That’s the guy I want.

To me the number 1 trait is the love of football the guy who wants to win more than any other and will put in the work in order to be the best... the guy who can’t stand the fact he lost and is busting his tail in the off-season to ensure it does not happen again. That’s the guy I want.
I'd argue that Tannehill was that guy.

Back
Top Bottom