Qb....... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Qb.......

Should Miami draft a QB in the draft with any of there picks?

• Yes, as long as its not there first pick

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • No, not at all

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • Depends who is left.....(explain)

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters
I pray to god that Ricky only runs for 1499. Next years class of QBs rivals that of the '83 class, and blows it out of the water if Manning, Grossman, and Clausen come out early.

Dajesus...........

Originally posted by Dajesus
I pray to god that Ricky only runs for 1499. Next years class of QBs rivals that of the '83 class, and blows it out of the water if Manning, Grossman, and Clausen come out early.

That will be interesting to see how next year's QB class will pan out. I would bet the house that Grossman will enter the draft next year.

Right now I am hearing that Byron Leftwich or Grossman will be the top QB next year. Maybe we could pick up Dorsey with the last pick in the first round next year. :)

Leftwich...........

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Right now I am hearing that Byron Leftwich or Grossman will be the top QB next year. Maybe we could pick up Dorsey with the last pick in the first round next year. :)

is huge! He's got loads of talent to be a pro bowl QB. I forgot which bowl that Marshall played in, but did anyone see that game. Byron was unbelievable in that game!:eek:

Yes if the right one is available!
You don't want to wait till the last minute to draft a QB! Jay will be getting paid a lot of money in two years time. He hasn't showed that he is worth that kind of money yet. And if he doesn't show it this year we will have to look for a replacement. This a deep year for QBs, you won't find a franchise guy but you might find some quality where we will be picking in the third. Wanny has to look at the available talent in that position and decide where the cutoff line is on what can be good and what can't. If something above that good line is left then we probably should take one. We can't afford to wait until next year and hope we find what we need for 2004. We might not have a 1st rounder to pick with if Williams has a great year and even if he's only good enough to lose the second rounder we still won't have enough muscle to make the move up we will need to make to get something really good. So in both cases we are going to be settling for second or third tier talent. Hardly a guarantee!
A lot will be based on what kind of OL talent is available when we get on the clock. If there is something really good then we should probably use the first pick on the OL. But if there is nothing overwhelming as far as OLs go then we should take a stab at one of the QBs that might be there. I would rather take 2 shots at getting a QB than wait and only get one. And having a guy learn Norv's new system at the same time everyone else is should not be overlooked. If we wait till next year the guy we get will be a year behind everyone and still no guarantee to be a viable option in 2004. So unless your prepared to pay Jay 4 Million a year for average play, or willing to just go with Cade for a year until one of your drafted guys actually works out. I say take a QB this year if there is one there! The bottom of what I would take are:
McCown
Darnell
David
not in any order...
None are special but if were there in the third or where our Comp picks kick in I would take one of them but I would only take them in the third if a good OL prospect wasn't there.

McCown I think would work fine in our System so that is who I'm hoping we can get and unless there are two outstanding OLs available we should take McCown with one of our first two picks!

Originally posted by MetalHead
Yes if the right one is available!
You don't want to wait till the last minute to draft a QB! Jay will be getting paid a lot of money in two years time. He hasn't showed that he is worth that kind of money yet. And if he doesn't show it this year we will have to look for a replacement. This a deep year for QBs, you won't find a franchise guy but you might find some quality where we will be picking in the third. Wanny has to look at the available talent in that position and decide where the cutoff line is on what can be good and what can't. If something above that good line is left then we probably should take one. We can't afford to wait until next year and hope we find what we need for 2004. We might not have a 1st rounder to pick with if Williams has a great year and even if he's only good enough to lose the second rounder we still won't have enough muscle to make the move up we will need to make to get something really good. So in both cases we are going to be settling for second or third tier talent. Hardly a guarantee!
A lot will be based on what kind of OL talent is available when we get on the clock. If there is something really good then we should probably use the first pick on the OL. But if there is nothing overwhelming as far as OLs go then we should take a stab at one of the QBs that might be there. I would rather take 2 shots at getting a QB than wait and only get one. And having a guy learn Norv's new system at the same time everyone else is should not be overlooked. If we wait till next year the guy we get will be a year behind everyone and still no guarantee to be a viable option in 2004. So unless your prepared to pay Jay 4 Million a year for average play, or willing to just go with Cade for a year until one of your drafted guys actually works out. I say take a QB this year if there is one there! The bottom of what I would take are:
McCown
Darnell
David
not in any order...
None are special but if were there in the third or where our Comp picks kick in I would take one of them but I would only take them in the third if a good OL prospect wasn't there.

McCown I think would work fine in our System so that is who I'm hoping we can get and unless there are two outstanding OLs available we should take McCown with one of our first two picks!

This is not a deep year at QB. This year's draft is weak at QB. McCown isn't worth our first pick, or even our 4th round pick. We have needs at LB, TE, WR, and OL too.

I'd more rather take our chances with taking a QB in the late 1st next year than late 3rd round this year.

Jay is above average. He's not getting paid much at all. The Dolphins are getting a deal for Jay. He's a good player getting paid less than he deserves.

STILL UNPROVEN

I think that Jay is very unproven quarterback! He has to cut down the TURNOVERS! He has alot of difficulty throwing the comeback routes, and to be successful in Turner's offense those routes are a prerequisite,and he has to make better reads! Turner should help him, I am glad he has a friendly contract! As for him being underpaid, I think that is absurd! Jay right now is just an average quarterback!I think he can improve though if he just cuts down the turnovers! Luckily for us with an average quarterback, a stud running back, solid receivers and good coaching will make him better!

Last year we had a piss poor line, a one year wonder running back, injured receivers, and bad coaching (Gailey) which really hurt Jay. Jay is an above average Quarterback. With Ricky, and if our receivers and line stay healthy, watch out. Jay might just light up some people. Oh, and Norv Turner doesn't hurt ;)

I think he's getting paid like 550k base salary this year? Also about the turnovers, everyone knows that he cut down significantly on those at the end of the year. If you ever rewatched any of the games, from the beginning to the end, you could tell he was getting better at making reads and throwing to certain patterns (Comeback routes included)

HUH?

Are we watching the same Quarterback? The way you talk about Feidler, you would think he is about to dethrone Favre as the NFL's BEST Quarterback!:p
IMO Jay hasn't done or shown anything yet, and he'll have no excuses this year like he's had in the past!

If he's still there!!

I'd love to see the PHINS bring ROHAN DAVEY home, if he is still there in the 4th round!! He's got a gun,great attitude and Team Leader, but just needs a little NFL grooming by getting accustomed to the speed of the NFL!! He would be a steal if he was there for DAY 2 of the draft!

GO HML TROJANS!!!
GO LSU TIGERS!
GO MIAMI DOLPHINS!!!

Re: Leftwich...........

Originally posted by aqua&orange54

is huge! He's got loads of talent to be a pro bowl QB. I forgot which bowl that Marshall played in, but did anyone see that game. Byron was unbelievable in that game!:eek:

It was the GMAC Bowl, and yes he was unbelievable! Too bad we can't get him, b/c hes going to be a great NFL QB.

Originally posted by booyeah_

This is not a deep year at QB. This year's draft is weak at QB. McCown isn't worth our first pick, or even our 4th round pick. We have needs at LB, TE, WR, and OL too.

I'd more rather take our chances with taking a QB in the late 1st next year than late 3rd round this year.

It's deeper than it's been for years...
There are 4 maybe 5 guys capable of being good QBs in this draft. LB is not gonna be any big help other than for depth, depth that can just as easily be found via FA or via June cut pickup. TE is full at this point with Weaver, Mayes, and Draper. WR should be filled by the time we draft with a way below market value HOFer in Chris Carter who will be miles ahead of anyone we can draft in the third. And if you looked I did say that depending on who is available in OL help will dictate who we take in the third and fourth. You don't know if you'll even have a late 1st rounder next year and even if you do you don't know that the quality there is gonna be any better than what we might get in the third this year. Even if we have a 1st there will be no second to make a move up where it is! Taking McCown will not stop you from drafting one next year and might be enough to help you in a package to move up next year and get some real talent. The point is if you wait till the last minute to get one like we did when we booted Marino your forced to take what you can get with only one shot to do it with. If you take a shot now and hit some gold your problem is solved. If you can improve on that next year that's great! If the guy you get this year doesn't pan out you still have the option next year. But if you wait till next year and the guy doesn't pan out your screwed! Your either scouring the FA market for guys not really worth it since they are FA they have failed already once! Or your drafting one again in 2004 and throwing him to the lions without a year of seasoning, OR your paying a less that stellar QB 4 Mil a year until you can draft a good one. We passed on a decent QB last year. Are we gonna pass on one again if one should drop that low? I hope not. We need to take as many shots at finding a good QB as we can until we actually find one. And everytime we pass up an opportunity means one less chance at hitting the jackpot! I don't know if you go to vegas much but you got a better chance at hitting the jackpot by playing two games at a quarter apiece than you do putting both coins in one!
Lets face it we are not gonna get any frontline starters this year with our first two picks. Maybe OLs but that is it, and if there aren't Two good OLs where we pick and one good QB it would be better to take the QB. Why put off tomorrow what we can fill today?

Back
Top Bottom