Qb....... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Qb.......

Should Miami draft a QB in the draft with any of there picks?

• Yes, as long as its not there first pick

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • No, not at all

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • Depends who is left.....(explain)

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Dolfan984
Last year we had a piss poor line, a one year wonder running back, injured receivers, and bad coaching (Gailey) which really hurt Jay. Jay is an above average Quarterback. With Ricky, and if our receivers and line stay healthy, watch out. Jay might just light up some people. Oh, and Norv Turner doesn't hurt ;)

I think he's getting paid like 550k base salary this year? Also about the turnovers, everyone knows that he cut down significantly on those at the end of the year. If you ever rewatched any of the games, from the beginning to the end, you could tell he was getting better at making reads and throwing to certain patterns (Comeback routes included)

Look who he was playing those last 8 games, and look at who he did look good against and who he didn't. Look at the turnovers against the Jets and San Fran then look at who he kept the ball under control against. Atlanta, Bills and Indy? Ok he was better against NE but that is the only team with a decent defense that he didn't cough it up in the end. So was Jay getting better or was he just not challenged as much? As for only getting paid 550K you forget the signing bonus! Jay is costing us 1.7 Mil of Cap space this year not including incentives. Next year he gets 2.8 Mil not including incentives. In 2004 the number jumps to 4+ Mil. Jay will have to be a LOT better than he has even than what he was at the end of last season to be worth that money. If he is not he will be cut for salary reasons and then we WILL need another QB!
Drafting one now would help get us some insurance since we will have two chances to find a sutable replacement!

MetalHead-

**McCown has some good physical attributes but hasn't shown anything yet and to waste a pick on him, or any other QB, in the draft before the 6th round would be horrible. I totally disagree about: a) the quality of QB's currently on the 'Fins and b) the depth of the QB class in this year's draft.

There are two QB's in this draft who look like starters, a couple that look like projects and several who look like they'll make a practice squad...in the Arena League. Let's face it, this is really one of the shallowest QB classes in quite some time. Neither Davey nor McCown will ever do much in this league; Davey doesn't have the smarts and McCown doesn't have the mechanics.

**As far as Fiedler goes, he is an above average QB in this league. If you don't believe anyone on this MB take a look at last year's stats and you'll see that he was up there. Fiedler has shown improvement both years that he's started and, with RW in the backfield, he is likely to be the next Rich Gannon; a QB who's not great, nor will he ever be considered for the HOF, but he will be a Pro Bowler.

**Finally, there is little chance that Carter is going to be signing with anyone. The guy is just way too selfish and his ego can't accept the kind of money that the 'Fins are willing to shell out for him. He's going to sitting in the studio on HBO annoying anyone who's willing to pay for the it. He, his mouth, and his ego, will be safely sitting on his butt where will not be able to further damage any other NFL franchises- especially the Dolphins.

:fire:

Heh, 2 of Jay's INTs were when we were out of the game after giving 2 (I think it was 2) 90+ TD drives. We yeilded around 200 yards rushing that day, and good ol' Lamar rushed for a mighty 25 yards or so. (I was at that game)

1 INT was McKnight's fault, and 1 was a GREAT defensive play. Remember, we were on 2nd and 1. 3rd and 1. 4th and 1 until we put into Jay to bail it out. If we had a running game, that would not have happened.

No...we do not need to waste a draft pick on a QB. We should just pick up the next unknown stockboy QB from the arena league ;-) :D

I believe

...We're setting up for a run on the Superbowl this season. As such Wanny 'n' Spiel are likely looking for talent that can make an impact this season, either as backup or as starters.

I don't see any room in that plan for a future QB at the 3rd round and below of the draft.;)

I have to agree with 984 here jay is underpaid for a starter and there are plenty of inferior qb's making more ...The fact is that this guy lead us to 11-5 seasons and he didnt have alot to work with ...especially last year! I love his toughness and the fact that he can MOVE! nobody is knocking payton manning after last years debacle ..and interceptions .....he is still considered a probowl qb? who in the afc has proven any more than jay that they deserve to be here? seriosly name them off cause i dont see our qb being the problem ...what qb's had such great years the last two that jay would not be considered at least above average?O line and line backer NO qb's this year .

Back
Top Bottom