Qb? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Qb?

Rivers was fun to watch. The only reason he lost to Ohio State was because the coaches decided to run 2 QB sneaks from the 5 yard line after Rivers ripped apart the Buckeyes thru the air. :fire:

Rivers will need a little work. But there's nothing in the rule book that says you have to have a prototypical throwing motion to make it in the NFL. Marino, Kosar, and now David Carr are examples. And the fact that QB guru NORM CHOW decided NOT to alter his mechanics says something.

The guy is a freaking winner. He's big and mobile. And he's a leader. He won't be a high #1 pick because teams will shy away due to his awkward mechanics. But I wouldn't be suprised to see him go in late Round 1.

Get a 1st and 3rd for O-Gun, then use both our 1st's to move into the top 5 to get Manning or Roethlisberger.

Or trade down with one and aquire additional picks in the 2nd round.

Originally posted by Gonk
Get a 1st and 3rd for O-Gun, then use both our 1st's to move into the top 5 to get Manning or Roethlisberger.

I'm really hoping we get the picks for O-Gun.
Great opportunity for the Phins future.

Originally posted by fin-atic
Rivers, Eli Manning would be great. They won't be available unless we move up.

Maybe the kid from Miami of Ohio. He has great skills and should be around still. I would like to see them draft someone for the future.

You think we may have a shot?????? I would love it but am quite doubtful of our oportunities.

To move up in the draft that high we would trade with Atlanta and it would go like this: Atlanta trades their 1st and 3rd round pick to Miami for their two 1st and a 2nd round pick.

Originally posted by Muck
Rivers was fun to watch. The only reason he lost to Ohio State was because the coaches decided to run 2 QB sneaks from the 5 yard line after Rivers ripped apart the Buckeyes thru the air. :fire:

Rivers will need a little work. But there's nothing in the rule book that says you have to have a prototypical throwing motion to make it in the NFL. Marino, Kosar, and now David Carr are examples. And the fact that QB guru NORM CHOW decided NOT to alter his mechanics says something.

The guy is a freaking winner. He's big and mobile. And he's a leader. He won't be a high #1 pick because teams will shy away due to his awkward mechanics. But I wouldn't be suprised to see him go in late Round 1.

yep, somebody is gonna get a steal because rivers is a baller. chow said he never thought twice about changing his mechanics b/c his release was among the fastest he had seen. however, he is starting to pick up steam: kiper has him in the top 30 and others are saying that he's a 2nd rounder that might move up if he has a good combine. if the possible pick for ogun isn't high enough to get manning or roethlisberger, i say draft a re. willams, clayton, or woods with the first pick and take rivers in late round 1

I'd be ok with that if he shows good arm strength and accuracy at the combine.

This winner stuff is a little overrated though with the recent success of a few other guys known as winners in the league have done well.

They also had more taletn than given credit for and a good situation around them.

For evey Tom Brady or Marc bulger there are twelve Josh Heupel's.

The skinny on rivers is that he'l be the real deal. He's got an ultra fast release, and a good arm. more than that he's smart, has played without a TA most of the year.

He's a big mobil, mature, smart, gifted athlete.

Here's my 2 cents on the situation anyway.

What i WANT to see happen, is for us to trade our first 2 picks and move to the top 10,a nd pick up Eli, but I'll settle for Roth.

IF they don't want to move up, I say we take Rivers with our high pick, and trade our second first rounder for a 2nd and 3rd round pick, take a WR in the second round, and patch up our O-line from then on.

It could be a great draft, we just have to be ballsy about it.

I would love to get Rothlisberger, but he will probably be a top 5 pick.
That being said, we don't have much of a shot at him. My next choice would definitely be Rivers. I admit I just have some sort of psychic fascination with him, but I think he will be a franchise QB for years to come. He could be drafted anywhere between late first-early third round. He is big, strong and accurate as h@ll. They say he pushes the ball. They also said that about Carr and Marino. He has the QUICKEST release since "the MAN" himself. My saying about Rivers has been
"Put Marino, Carr, and Kosar in a blender and you have Philip Rivers."
That's one tempting beverage!!!! I'm a BIG believer in Rivers, but unfortunately I'm not the one making the picks. I totally agree with Phishstix on the upcoming draft.
1st #1= playmaker WR (best one that falls to us, probably
Reggie Williams)
2nd #1= Philip Rivers
3rd round= O-Lineman

Thoughs of you are dreaming if you think we have a shot at BIG BEN or ELI! Take RIVERS and get on with it!!

What use will a 3rd round o-lineman be???

Wade Smith was that and he didn't help a great deal this season did he (may later). Brian Griese could work behind a solid line - we don't have that. Most QB's will fail without a significantly improved line. Unless we want Eli Manning (or whoever else) to become the spokesperson for Calgon we need to prioritise the line over WR.

Back
Top Bottom