Qb | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Qb

Fiedler won't stay as a back up. Plus he is supposed to get too much money this year. Griese had a bad showing last year and I'm sure will restructure to stay as a back up. Let's not forget that Brian came to Miami late and got hurt in pre-season. I say give him a REAL chance. I would much rather have him as a backup than Jay. Jay is a whiny b~thch that seems to think that he can start wherever he goes. I want to see him try. I am sick of his mediocre play and heartless performances.

If Sage was ever going to get a look, wouldn't it have been in the Jet's game at the end of the season? I just really don't see him in the plans. Maybe I'm wrong. The one time he did play in a regular season game (for the phins) he threw two balls out of bounds (very quickly) and looked like a deer in the headlights. I know he has had a nice pre-season with the skins and has some of the tools you look for. He sounds like a good kid in the interviews I've heard with him. Well, now I'm just rambling.

Graythreat-

If you do that by letting Sage start , you are saying that we are rebuilding and that we will throw next season out the window. We need a vet in at QB!!!

I can see everyones point......so I will give out 2 cents on the matter.

Fiedler and Griese are both average of the 2 I think Griese throws a better ball and makes just a little bit better decisions. I do not want either as are starters but would settle for Griese over Fiedler and by the end of the season I will probably be crucifing Griese.

I would prefer Griese-Sage-Rivers in that lineup order.

I wouldn't mind seeing sage jump in a game that we have a lead and let him pass to see how he does but I can not jump on the bandwagon of giving him the ropes and putting a rookie behind him.

Originally posted by vcip
With this promotion of Collier, & DW saying he didn't want to change systems, does this increase the chance of Brian Griese returning at a lesser salary? If so I am alright with that. Some think that BG is crap. I happen to think he is an NFL starter that will be ok for the Phins. If this were to happen & a roookie QB is drafted I am happy. Of course another WR is needed & playcalling that is not as predictable.

No. Fiedler may return if he re-structures his contract, but I doubt Griese would be the QB they would keep.

Oliver...

Originally posted by FinFrenzy
I can see everyones point......so I will give out 2 cents on the matter.

Fiedler and Griese are both average of the 2 I think Griese throws a better ball and makes just a little bit better decisions. I do not want either as are starters but would settle for Griese over Fiedler and by the end of the season I will probably be crucifing Griese.

I would prefer Griese-Sage-Rivers in that lineup order.

I wouldn't mind seeing sage jump in a game that we have a lead and let him pass to see how he does but I can not jump on the bandwagon of giving him the ropes and putting a rookie behind him.

Dude, I have to ask. Who is that chick in your sig.? You're girl?

Re: Re: Qb

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

BG is good as long as he doesn't have to leave the pocket and have plenty of time. That's not the NFL today, he needs to be a thread both ways, running when neccessary..He shouldn't have to run all the time, but when things breakdown, so does BG. And once he's hit, his confidence is gone and he's easily rattled after that. He focus on the field is what I question, alone with his toughness. He doesn't have my vote in those departments and a leader has to be able to set the example, that's why Jay has the team's respect even if they know he's not the best passer. They know he will fight until the end, you don't get that with BG.

I agree it would be good to have BG in next year. Perhaps have he and Brunell compete for #1 with Rivers holding the clipboard. Hoeber I do not agree with the statement about QBs and mobility. Neither Brade nor Delhoume (sp) are even decent runners. What they do have that BG does not is as follows:
A good O line
Pocket presence
Mental toughness
Leadership? People said Ricky had a bad attitude before he came here.
All could be attained as a better line is achieved.

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
I don't want BG here. I really don't want JF here either but if he takes a pay cut he would not be a bad back-up.

SR may be our best QB on this current team. I hope that Sage gets a chance to compete for the starting spot...he could be our future qb...but we'll never know unless he gets a chance.

I dont understand why people feel SR is any good. What gave anyone the idea he was worth his weight in S***? Secondly its not fair to judge BG on 4 games, especially in the conditions he was in. The thought that ANYONE would prefer to bring back a proven failure in Jay over BG is beyond me.

I don't want BG here. I really don't want JF here either but if he takes a pay cut he would not be a bad back-up.

SR may be our best QB on this current team. I hope that Sage gets a chance to compete for the starting spot...he could be our future qb...but we'll never know unless he gets a chance.

NOT!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, at this point it does not matter who is back there. It all starts with the O-Line - you can have the best QB in the league under center, but if he does not have blockers in front of him, it really doesn't matter!

Originally posted by dreadlockera

I dont understand why people feel SR is any good. What gave anyone the idea he was worth his weight in S***? Secondly its not fair to judge BG on 4 games, especially in the conditions he was in. The thought that ANYONE would prefer to bring back a proven failure in Jay over BG is beyond me.

:cpatch: AMEN

Originally posted by Graythreat
the question appears to be will we get Brunelle? If we get him, I'll happily say goodbye to Jay and BG.

If we can't snag a vet. QB, then where will we stand? We'd have to resign sage and then move up in the draft to get a QB with a CHANCE of starting this season. The only 2 that seem to POSSIBLY fit that bill would be Rivers or Eli. Both seem like smart QB's eager to learn. I'll hold judgement on Ben. I hear he's a great QB, but haven't seen enough of him to tell if he could walk on?

And even with a walk on we're in BIG trouble. Throughout history walk on rookie's suck.

However, given the option of keeping Jay or BG if we can't sign a vet..i have to go with BG. If he takes a HUGE cut. But Jay's had 4 years and done nothing for this team. BG had to walk on after an injured toe, with an O-line that utterly collapsed on him, his first year in our system. I'm not trying to make excuses for him I'm trying to say I think he has a bigger upside than Jay. Given time Jay hasn't consistently made the throws, where as Brian did. Sure, it was SD, but it's still a pro-defense, and he looked damn good. I'd hate to reward Jay's mediocre play with ANOTHER year as starting QB. If it means we draft a QB to groom behind BG and Griese takes a dive, so be it. At least it'll be him taking the hits, and not to rookie. Jay doesn't deserve to take the hits. Not anymore. I used to like the guy, but 4 seasons of blind loyalty to such a mediocre talent really irks me.

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
at last the voice of reason. ]

:allhail:

Originally posted by Graythreat
the question appears to be will we get Brunelle? If we get him, I'll happily say goodbye to Jay and BG.

If we can't snag a vet. QB, then where will we stand? We'd have to resign sage and then move up in the draft to get a QB with a CHANCE of starting this season. The only 2 that seem to POSSIBLY fit that bill would be Rivers or Eli. Both seem like smart QB's eager to learn. I'll hold judgement on Ben. I hear he's a great QB, but haven't seen enough of him to tell if he could walk on?

And even with a walk on we're in BIG trouble. Throughout history walk on rookie's suck.

However, given the option of keeping Jay or BG if we can't sign a vet..i have to go with BG. If he takes a HUGE cut. But Jay's had 4 years and done nothing for this team. BG had to walk on after an injured toe, with an O-line that utterly collapsed on him, his first year in our system. I'm not trying to make excuses for him I'm trying to say I think he has a bigger upside than Jay. Given time Jay hasn't consistently made the throws, where as Brian did. Sure, it was SD, but it's still a pro-defense, and he looked damn good. I'd hate to reward Jay's mediocre play with ANOTHER year as starting QB. If it means we draft a QB to groom behind BG and Griese takes a dive, so be it. At least it'll be him taking the hits, and not to rookie. Jay doesn't deserve to take the hits. Not anymore. I used to like the guy, but 4 seasons of blind loyalty to such a mediocre talent really irks me.

I Agree I,000,000%

I never said that Sage should be our starter...I think he should be given the chance to compete for that spot...that's all.

To be honest with you...I really don't want BG or JF as our starting qb...I don't know much about Sage...I guess if he was the best qb on the current roster he would have played more...who knows...but I cannot go through another season with JF...no way. and BG did not look that great either.

I never said that Sage should be our starter...I think he should be given the chance to compete for that spot...that's all.

To be honest with you...I really don't want BG or JF as our starting qb...I don't know much about Sage...I guess if he was the best qb on the current roster he would have played more...who knows...but I cannot go through another season with JF...no way. and BG did not look that great either.

I hear that. Its my feeling that Sage gets the chance to compete every year for the starting position in preseason. He has yet to get to #2 even. B/c he was not able to play at the #2 slot was the major reason the team got BG. I would like to see what BG can do with an entire preseason, it may be night and day. It may be night and night:lol:

Back
Top Bottom