"QB's development a bright spot!" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"QB's development a bright spot!"

Disnardo

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well with all the negative articles this past year, at least one possitive on AJ has come up, after yesterdays game. Contrary to the opinions of some fans, others do see things in a different light. Of-course this is a writers opinion, which is based on some facts. I apologize if this has been posted before. Some snipets on the Hearald article are:

"As the Denver defense did everything it could to send the neurons in Feeley's head firing to the point of more terrible decisions and ugly interceptions, there was a unique calm about him."

"Feeley's performance (17 of 35, 170 yards, 1 TD) was still hardly overwhelming, but the important element was what it lacked.

Interceptions. Ugly interceptions, such as the one that hit bulbous Buffalo defensive tackle Pat Williams in the gut last week in the fourth quarter."

''He did a good job of managing the game,'' tight end Randy McMichael said. ``He's growing up. He was really poised today, especially considering all of the blitzes.''

"In such situations, Feeley is the one in charge of getting rid of the ball and preventing a bad play. On Sunday, Feeley handled that in the best manner he has shown so far this season. He either got rid of the ball or took sacks instead of forcing plays."

"But can Feeley be a productive NFL starter?

''Yeah, and that's a lot to say in this league,'' said Wilson, one of the league's top defenders. ``A lot of guys don't know how to prepare when times are tough and now is a time when you show what kind of character you have, when things aren't going the way you expect. That should say a lot about a guy's future."

Jason Cole's Article

And here is something interesting about the last drive yesterday. The headset on the Fins side went down right when the drive began. Here is a snippet on this Herald article:

But these are the Dolphins. So . . .

''The headsets went down all of a sudden,'' Feeley said. ``Right away, I don't want to say it created a panic, but it sure made things a little uneasy.''

The headsets on both sidelines worked throughout the game, but when the game was about to be decided, only the headsets on the visitors' sideline stopped working.

Dolphins players called it a coincidence and not a conspiracy, but what was supposed to be an exercise in concise communication between Feeley and offensive coordinator Chris Foerster had to then include backup quarterback Sage Rosenfels."

Armando Salguero's Article

Well I wonder what the boys with a draft a QB in the first round and comments on Feeley's being a third stringer etc. etc. etc.
Can you imagine what AJ could have done just by being the starter from day one?
I think we got a QB.

Even the press are starting to give a little credit in spite of how much they hate RS
Lots of politics.
Good post Disnardo,I read those articles and they confirm what I saw during the game.

fin13 said:
Well I wonder what the boys with a draft a QB in the first round and comments on Feeley's being a third stringer etc. etc. etc.
Can you imagine what AJ could have done just by being the starter from day one?
I think we got a QB.
patience is a virtue..... next year, complete preseason, totally different guy.

Loved this quote:

"The game started to slow down". That's the biggest hurdle. He can work on honing the rest of it.

Why is everyone forgetting about the Int on first down. A blatent Feeley error. I think he's average at best. What he makes up for in arm strength he lacks for in mentality. He's better than Fiedler, more accurate and you can do more things in offense with his skills. Minor has been a henderence to Feeley. He's very unproductive.

i dont think anyone forgot the int, it's that it was only one and it wasnt returned for 6 points like the last ones. He definately looked alot more posed and comfortable this week.

I've never been big on drafting a first round QB, but I would not mind taking one in the 3rd or 4th round. We need to develop a young QB. And it would be good to push Feeley!

Sherif I don't get you guys, of course he is going to make mistakes he needs game experience.
Did you see Eli Manning yesterday? He played very badly would you write him off.
Feeley will be a very good QB and the Fin fans better hope so.
Look at the other options Warner, Garcia,Brunell they are washed up and thank god we didn't get Brunell the skins go ripped off.
Let AJ get 3 more games and training camp you'll see.
I can't wait see what he does against the Pats, too bad our D can't stop the run.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I've never been big on drafting a first round QB, but I would not mind taking one in the 3rd or 4th round. We need to develop a young QB. And it would be good to push Feeley!

no it wouldn't, feeley might not win the job with competition. i'm telling you damnit, with 5 all-pro linemen and 5 hall of fame position players, a.j. will be the man :rolleyes:

phishstix you are either a troll or have an IQ two points lower than a stick.
Read what Wilson has to say on the Cole article.

lol I am done arguing with people that see only what they want to see.

Disnardo said:
The headsets on both sidelines worked throughout the game, but when the game was about to be decided, only the headsets on the visitors' sideline stopped working.

Dolphins players called it a coincidence and not a conspiracy, but what was supposed to be an exercise in concise communication between Feeley and offensive coordinator Chris Foerster had to then include backup quarterback Sage Rosenfels."

Armando Salguero's Article

isn't it funny how many coincidences favor the broncos? this isn't the first time something like that has happened. how many ways do the broncos have to cheat to win?

fin13 said:
phishstix you are either a troll or have an IQ two points lower than a stick.
Read what Wilson has to say on the Cole article.

b/c al wilson said something that means that it is gold? and he said that feeley can be a good starter, not he will be. this week's performance was an improvement, but it's still not what i'm looking for. feeley isn't getting paid and wasn't acquired to play like a rookie; he was gotten to play like a competent qb so we wouldn't have to wait on a rookie. if we had drafted feeley and he was 23 years old, i'd be a little more encouraged, but old habits die hard, and he has a habit of being turnover prone. it could be corrected with a young guy, but i'm not so sure with a guy that's been in the league as long as he has can change as easily.

Phishstix said:
b/c al wilson said something that means that it is gold? and he said that feeley can be a good starter, not he will be. this week's performance was an improvement, but it's still not what i'm looking for. feeley isn't getting paid and wasn't acquired to play like a rookie; he was gotten to play like a competent qb so we wouldn't have to wait on a rookie. if we had drafted feeley and he was 23 years old, i'd be a little more encouraged, but old habits die hard, and he has a habit of being turnover prone. it could be corrected with a young guy, but i'm not so sure with a guy that's been in the league as long as he has can change as easily.
It does if it helps a worthless QB, most of the people want. But then, dont forget, they really wanted Greiseball last year also. Then, three weeks ago, they started clammering about him again. But, after yesterday, I thiink they realize he is junk. Or at least should. Greiseball came back down to Earth, AJ Fiedlery will never leave Earth. He sucks, he knows it.

Now, its Denver cheated, NE will cheat too. Its funny how everything under the Sun gets blamed for bad play by Feeley, but Feeley. Its the line, the drops, the sacks, the headsets going out, its the PI call, its the lack of starts, its the wind or some dumb thing. Its never AJ Fiedlery himself. Hum, sounds like a conspiracy.

Back
Top Bottom