"QB's development a bright spot!" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"QB's development a bright spot!"

fin13 said:
Sherif I don't get you guys, of course he is going to make mistakes he needs game experience.
Did you see Eli Manning yesterday? He played very badly would you write him off.
Feeley will be a very good QB and the Fin fans better hope so.
Look at the other options Warner, Garcia,Brunell they are washed up and thank god we didn't get Brunell the skins go ripped off.
Let AJ get 3 more games and training camp you'll see.
I can't wait see what he does against the Pats, too bad our D can't stop the run.

You took the words out of my mouth. Looking at other QB stats in the league, Feeley is right there with many. Give him some time.

Phishstix said:
b/c al wilson said something that means that it is gold? and he said that feeley can be a good starter, not he will be. this week's performance was an improvement, but it's still not what i'm looking for. feeley isn't getting paid and wasn't acquired to play like a rookie; he was gotten to play like a competent qb so we wouldn't have to wait on a rookie. if we had drafted feeley and he was 23 years old, i'd be a little more encouraged, but old habits die hard, and he has a habit of being turnover prone. it could be corrected with a young guy, but i'm not so sure with a guy that's been in the league as long as he has can change as easily.

he wasn't acquired to play like a rookie ??? What did you expect him play like with 5 games of NFL experience ????? A hall of famer ??? And if we drafted a QB in the first round, what you expect HIM to play like ?? How about....a rookie ??

Wow ! :shakeno:

Phishstix said:
b/c al wilson said something that means that it is gold? and he said that feeley can be a good starter, not he will be. this week's performance was an improvement, but it's still not what i'm looking for. feeley isn't getting paid and wasn't acquired to play like a rookie; he was gotten to play like a competent qb so we wouldn't have to wait on a rookie. if we had drafted feeley and he was 23 years old, i'd be a little more encouraged, but old habits die hard, and he has a habit of being turnover prone. it could be corrected with a young guy, but i'm not so sure with a guy that's been in the league as long as he has can change as easily.
The reality is that we have an inexperienced QB who didn't exactly come into the best circumstances for success and he is behind where we all hoped he would be. Okay, now deal with it instead of being resentful that he's not what you wanted him to be.

How many times does someone have to post Feeley's number of actual games played since high school? In that respect, Eli frickin Manning has more experience. I seriously doubt AJ has any "old habits".

LithoMan said:
It does if it helps a worthless QB, most of the people want. But then, dont forget, they really wanted Greiseball last year also. Then, three weeks ago, they started clammering about him again. But, after yesterday, I thiink they realize he is junk. Or at least should. Greiseball came back down to Earth, AJ Fiedlery will never leave Earth. He sucks, he knows it.

Now, its Denver cheated, NE will cheat too. Its funny how everything under the Sun gets blamed for bad play by Feeley, but Feeley. Its the line, the drops, the sacks, the headsets going out, its the PI call, its the lack of starts, its the wind or some dumb thing. Its never AJ Fiedlery himself. Hum, sounds like a conspiracy.
I don't think you can find one person that has said that it's never Feeley's fault. But, I'm sure you won't let that stop your trolling.

Sherif said:
Why is everyone forgetting about the Int on first down. A blatent Feeley error. I think he's average at best. What he makes up for in arm strength he lacks for in mentality.

I think that if you had only started a handful of games since HS...you would be lousy...give the guy some credit......HE MAY be a pretty good QB

Started a handfull of games since HS. But, he was worthy of the last pick in the first round, and 17 million dollars. I want to call you all ignornat, but i will call you well wishers. That kinda cash makes him have to play for one thing. Fiedler has washed out on IR. 5 games in Philly and 11 at Oregon.

He is one of the most un-athleticly talented QB's in the game. And you think this guy is gonna be a Montana or Brady? I want some of that stuff you all smoking, I can make lot-o-cash of it.

Its not even a fair comparison to Brady and Montana. They could at least pass a ball, because they could read a D.

Same skill level, but not even close to the same mental level. He cant even be mentioned with a Vick or Elway. Not even close on either set.

He will never be a Marino, not even close to a quick release like Marino. Feeley winds up, so the comments about a quick release are hilarious for Feeley.

He is at best a utility guy that can sub in a pinch, carry a clipboard, and signal in plays. Hey, his job in Philly. Imagine that?.?.?.?

finjim said:
he wasn't acquired to play like a rookie ??? What did you expect him play like with 5 games of NFL experience ????? A hall of famer ??? And if we drafted a QB in the first round, what you expect HIM to play like ?? How about....a rookie ??

Wow ! :shakeno:

yea, i did expect him to play like he is. the problem is that rick speilman didn't expect him to play like a rookie. it's not feeley's fault we have an idiot for a gm.

I really like AJ as our QB. If we draft a QB with our 1st round pick than so be it, but I think AJ can play in this league and if he doesn't land on his feet here than my bet is that he ends up a very productive starter somewhere before it's all said and done.

Disnardo said:
The headsets on both sidelines worked throughout the game, but when the game was about to be decided, only the headsets on the visitors' sideline stopped working.

Dolphins players called it a coincidence and not a conspiracy, but what was supposed to be an exercise in concise communication between Feeley and offensive coordinator Chris Foerster had to then include backup quarterback Sage Rosenfels."

Armando Salguero's Article

If anyone else recalls, Jimmy Johnson's button for the instant replay failed to work when they were in Denver (screwing them out of a TD if I remember correctly). two points make a straight line, someone over there is cheating

LithoMan said:
Started a handfull of games since HS. But, he was worthy of the last pick in the first round, and 17 million dollars. I want to call you all ignornat, but i will call you well wishers. That kinda cash makes him have to play for one thing. Fiedler has washed out on IR. 5 games in Philly and 11 at Oregon.

He is one of the most un-athleticly talented QB's in the game. And you think this guy is gonna be a Montana or Brady? I want some of that stuff you all smoking, I can make lot-o-cash of it.

Its not even a fair comparison to Brady and Montana. They could at least pass a ball, because they could read a D.

Same skill level, but not even close to the same mental level. He cant even be mentioned with a Vick or Elway. Not even close on either set.

He will never be a Marino, not even close to a quick release like Marino. Feeley winds up, so the comments about a quick release are hilarious for Feeley.

He is at best a utility guy that can sub in a pinch, carry a clipboard, and signal in plays. Hey, his job in Philly. Imagine that?.?.?.?
Last pick of first round?

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I've never been big on drafting a first round QB, but I would not mind taking one in the 3rd or 4th round. We need to develop a young QB. And it would be good to push Feeley!

Agree, NJ...

I think we'd have the best of both worlds here. Feeley is still relatively "young" and has the tools to become a great QB. I believe with all the staff changes forthcoming and a complete off-season as the "starter," we will be in good shape going into next year.

As some media reports are projecting a possible move for Edge to Miami (he REALLY wants to be here), here would be some things to consider...

- Trade down a bit later in the first round for additional picks...
- Draft in this order: OL, RB, QB, DT

We're stacked at WR (Chambers, Booker, Boston, McMike, Gilmore, Morris...). No worries there. Again - a full off-season working with AJ (and ESPECIALLY SULLIVAN!!) will do wonders...

Consider more defense with other remaining picks, or best players available.

A question....

I wonder if the Lithoman handle refers to the mental make up of a Neandertal, or perhaps what we are to think of his physical prowess, since litho refers to rock. Or perhaps, it could be his fortitude. But, one could also ask if the rock in question interferes with the proper working of his neural network. Not to be sarcastic, but I really think it must have to do with the hardness of hand required to keep beating that drum he has been beating so loudly and so well recently.

Feeley is:
A. inexperienced as a starter. Anyone with five starts in the NFL is inexperienced as a starter. Fact.

B . was not afforded a proper chance to compete for the job in training camp this season. Anyone with the sense to pound sand knew that as soon as Wannstedt got Fiedler back under contract, and saw the contract, knew who was going to be the fair haired boy once again. So, his preparation was abysmall.

C. is playing in a system which has only worked because we had a monster running back, who was virtually abused and not astutely used in his two years here. [Sidenote: If we'd had a QB who could make the D play at least three yards off the LOS during his time here, it would have been a much better used system.] Now the system is still that which was left over from the last year, whose main proponent is no longer with the team, is being run by people who don't understand it with people who don't fit it, and it has been thus all this year. At least with the current Head Coach, some changes are being made to adjust.

D. THE MAJOR component of the offensive team, the offensive line, has undergone a total change in the past year, has not learned how to play as a unit [to be expected] and has been horribly mis-coached. The old football dictum that "It all begins in the trenches" still remains true, and nothing very good has begun with this offensive line at it's current level of coaching and team understanding of each other. This has led to an entirely absent running game, and a complete inability to pick up varying blitz schemes which has led to inadequate time for the QB to pass or the RB to run.

Given this, I will be happy to see if Feeley is still standing at the end of the year. His predecessor was virtually guaranteed the starting role if he was capable of bipedal locomotion, and the current QB is at least playing up to his level, and has exhibited the potential, with proper time for preparation, an offensive scheme which has some cohesion and a good dose of reality regarding those who are to execute the scheme, a line which at least knows who is going to pickup who on which blitz and which can manage to open up a running hole at least once in a while, to be at the very least an adequate NFL caliber quarterback. You don't throw those on the trash pile because of this type of season. You develop them. Several players have been absolute wash outs in one place to turn into Super Bowl QBs somewhere else with proper coaching and team management. So might it be with Feeley. We will not have anymore success next year with any rookie [unless he is the second coming of Marino - which I think many fans are subconsciously lusting after] for he will have the same growing pains exhibited by the vast majority of rookies (Roethlisberger notwithstanding) nor with a retread unless the other teams GM is incompetent. So, this year we aim for OL/RB/DL help in Free Agency and in the draft, and pick up a QB at the mid-level in the draft and perhaps a vet in Free Agency. We play out the hand we have been dealt. There aren't any 'redos' in this league.

RevRick said:
I wonder if the Lithoman handle refers to the mental make up of a Neandertal, or perhaps what we are to think of his physical prowess, since litho refers to rock. Or perhaps, it could be his fortitude. But, one could also ask if the rock in question interferes with the proper working of his neural network. Not to be sarcastic, but I really think it must have to do with the hardness of hand required to keep beating that drum he has been beating so loudly and so well recently.

Feeley is:
A. inexperienced as a starter. Anyone with five starts in the NFL is inexperienced as a starter. Fact.

B . was not afforded a proper chance to compete for the job in training camp this season. Anyone with the sense to pound sand knew that as soon as Wannstedt got Fiedler back under contract, and saw the contract, knew who was going to be the fair haired boy once again. So, his preparation was abysmall.

C. is playing in a system which has only worked because we had a monster running back, who was virtually abused and not astutely used in his two years here. [Sidenote: If we'd had a QB who could make the D play at least three yards off the LOS during his time here, it would have been a much better used system.] Now the system is still that which was left over from the last year, whose main proponent is no longer with the team, is being run by people who don't understand it with people who don't fit it, and it has been thus all this year. At least with the current Head Coach, some changes are being made to adjust.

D. THE MAJOR component of the offensive team, the offensive line, has undergone a total change in the past year, has not learned how to play as a unit [to be expected] and has been horribly mis-coached. The old football dictum that "It all begins in the trenches" still remains true, and nothing very good has begun with this offensive line at it's current level of coaching and team understanding of each other. This has led to an entirely absent running game, and a complete inability to pick up varying blitz schemes which has led to inadequate time for the QB to pass or the RB to run.

Given this, I will be happy to see if Feeley is still standing at the end of the year. His predecessor was virtually guaranteed the starting role if he was capable of bipedal locomotion, and the current QB is at least playing up to his level, and has exhibited the potential, with proper time for preparation, an offensive scheme which has some cohesion and a good dose of reality regarding those who are to execute the scheme, a line which at least knows who is going to pickup who on which blitz and which can manage to open up a running hole at least once in a while, to be at the very least an adequate NFL caliber quarterback. You don't throw those on the trash pile because of this type of season. You develop them. Several players have been absolute wash outs in one place to turn into Super Bowl QBs somewhere else with proper coaching and team management. So might it be with Feeley. We will not have anymore success next year with any rookie [unless he is the second coming of Marino - which I think many fans are subconsciously lusting after] for he will have the same growing pains exhibited by the vast majority of rookies (Roethlisberger notwithstanding) nor with a retread unless the other teams GM is incompetent. So, this year we aim for OL/RB/DL help in Free Agency and in the draft, and pick up a QB at the mid-level in the draft and perhaps a vet in Free Agency. We play out the hand we have been dealt. There aren't any 'redos' in this league.

:clap: That gets my vote for post of the year!

Nice thought out post F2TE, I guess, as most posters have stated, we will need to evaluate all of our important needs in the Offseason. It at least some comfort to know if the QB position will be one of them.

Now, if and when we do have a new coaches and new O-scheme, will our QB struggle again as he has had this season? And if he does, will we be just as patient with him for another year?

RevRick said:

Feeley is:

Waiting for Litho's thoughtful "U r crazy waistin ur time with loser 4 qb" response.

Back
Top Bottom