Question about the defensive staff | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question about the defensive staff

I think that posters who want immediate results and believe that changing the coaching staff every two or three years to achieve that goal need to take some very large CHILL PILLS!
IM not sure any dolphin fan cares about immediate results. We have not won a playoff game this decade and our current owner has one winning season since he bought the team in 2009. Dolphin fans are pretty damn patient we have changed coaches every 4 years much like any other team that does not get results so its not like our impatience is what has caused us not to win. We could have hired Zimmer in 2014 if we had not decided to give Philbin another year

It blows my mind that a defense can look so good as they did against NE, yet so bad at other times. Burke was genius in that game, but looked completely out of his league in others.

Burke has an extremely high IQ and Gase covets that. Gase hand picked Burke so don't hold your breathe waiting for Burke to be replaced. BTW, nobody was going to look very good on the defense but it was largely the fault of the anemic offense which produced a huge amount of 3 and outs as well as turnovers. The defense was constantly on the field way more minutes per game so it's not a shock that they were gassed in the 4th quarter quite often last season.

The return of Tannehill will breathe new life into the Dolphin offense. The defense will benefit immeasurably from playing with the lead sometimes, enjoying better field position and of course, not having to defend short fields after brutal turnovers. (as often, we hope)

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind a Bronco, Bear or Bengal here, those teams have good d lines.

Wonder if Gase has someone lined up or, also looks like a Studesville has some options so...might not happen so fast either.

Back
Top Bottom