Question for Baz | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question for Baz

Baz -

It was cool watching the bowl game and keeping an eye on you -- first time I've had the pleasure of knowing someone involved. Good luck with your decision regarding the NFL!

But, man oh man, imagine the VIP training camp reports...

I, too, have a weird feeling we might end up picking up Alex. Just a gut instinct. And I wouldn't mind.

Baz, what's the downside to you declaring yourself eligible? If you don’t declare, then you just shut the door on one possible way into the NFL.. Right?

If you do declare... then all your doing is buying yourself more time to make decisions without closing any doors.

My suggestion would be to declare yourself eligible, I’m sure you can withdraw prior to draft day if thats what you feel you need to do..

Or you could wait, see who drafts you.. and then evaluate the location of the team the terms of the contract and so on...

Or, if you’re not drafted, then that might also help you in your decision making..

Regardless... Lets say you choose to play in the NFL and you’re not drafted.. I don’t think that declaring yourself now and not being drafted would hurt you any in soliciting teams for an invite..

In one hand, I envy you and your opportunity to play professional sports.. and in the other hand, I am glad its not me making your decisions.. My only suggestion is be smart about this...postpone your decision making until the last possible moment and don’t close any doors until you are 100% comfortable with the direction you want to go in life..

Best of luck to you my friend....

Jeep said:
Baz, what's the downside to you declaring yourself eligible? If you don’t declare, then you just shut the door on one possible way into the NFL.. Right?

If you do declare... then all your doing is buying yourself more time to make decisions without closing any doors.

My suggestion would be to declare yourself eligible, I’m sure you can withdraw prior to draft day if thats what you feel you need to do..

Or you could wait, see who drafts you.. and then evaluate the location of the team the terms of the contract and so on...

Or, if you’re not drafted, then that might also help you in your decision making..

Regardless... Lets say you choose to play in the NFL and you’re not drafted.. I don’t think that declaring yourself now and not being drafted would hurt you any in soliciting teams for an invite..

In one hand, I envy you and your opportunity to play professional sports.. and in the other hand, I am glad its not me making your decisions.. My only suggestion is be smart about this...postpone your decision making until the last possible moment and don’t close any doors until you are 100% comfortable with the direction you want to go in life..

Best of luck to you my friend....

I thank you Jeep. This is actually the best advice I've heard on the situation. I have some personal circumstances here that make it difficult to just pick up and leave. I have a lot of responsibility within my family, and my leaving would make it very hard on them. You make a good point on being able to withdrawl from the draft at any point. I'm going to double check that you can do that, and that may be the route I take......

xiidaen said:
Baz -

It was cool watching the bowl game and keeping an eye on you -- first time I've had the pleasure of knowing someone involved. Good luck with your decision regarding the NFL!

But, man oh man, imagine the VIP training camp reports...

:roflmao:

VIP training camp reports. Thats funny. Unfortunately, if I do end up on any NFL rostor, that would also mean my resignation as an active member of finheaven. I would have to change my AIM name, E-mail, everything......

Baz said:

VIP training camp reports. Thats funny. Unfortunately, if I do end up on any NFL rostor, that would also mean my resignation as an active member of finheaven. I would have to change my AIM name, E-mail, everything......
That's not fair!!! We deserve the goods!!

J/K.....good luck with everything.

Have you talked to anyone about what your draft status might be? I mean, could you get drafted, or more likly a rookie free agent?

Baz said:

Chit.. we got too many mods anyways.. :tongue:

Baz said:

Baz,

I expected that, really. But you're enough of a fan to understand the sentiment...

Best of luck, I'm sure it's a big decision.

Baz said:

Heres to hoping that you indeed have to do just that....

What a strange way to say good luck

Back
Top Bottom