Question for those of you who are anti-Harbaugh | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question for those of you who are anti-Harbaugh

AEGBRG

9th Season Coming Soon
Reaction score
Assuming Harbaugh becomes available, what is your alternative? We have gone the assistant route many times (Philbin, Sparano, Cameron, etc.) and they all Sh*t the bed. We went the college route (Saban) and that did not work out. This team needs a PROVEN winner and Harbaugh is the best and probably the only realistic option out there.

I will admit the guy is a big d-bag and still hate him from my USC days, but there is no denying every where he has been, the guy wins (USD, Stanford, SF). He took over a 6-10 team in his first year and was two fumbles away from going to the Super Bowl in his first season. The Mr. Nice Guy approach has not worked out here and a hard ass like Harbaugh is just what this team needs. I am not saying he is the next Shula, but hiring him will immediately give this team credibility and respect. Get it done this time Ross!

Again, I will go back to my original question, if not Harbaugh, what better option do you have that is realistic?

It's not that we're anti harbaugh, not sure he's that good in the pros. We do need a better game manager and motivator. Coach the players love to play for.

It's not that we're anti harbaugh, not sure he's that good in the pros. We do need a better game manager and motivator. Coach the players love to play for.

Again, 3 NFC title appearances and 1 SB appearance in his first three years as coach. If that is not good, what is?

How is he not good in the pros?!?! 49er fans have been in fantasy land the past three of four years. Three straight years in conference championship games!!! Dear lord, is any Dolfans fan still alive from the last time we even came close to a conference championship game?!?!

I think Harbaugh is a douche as well, but he makes teams competitive. Period.

I think it's a long shot he comes to the east coast though. If he doesn't. I'd like plan B to bring in Bowles and retain Lazor.

Anything past that and I'd rather keep Philbin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

He acts like a jerk on the sideline, pass.

And Joe Philbin is Mr. Courtesy. That's worked well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we can get Harbaugh , Ross needs to pull the trigger. If it don't work out, oh well, we are numb to the results anyways. Take another shot Ross.

He hasn't won a super bowl. Might as well stick with the coach who has improved this team each year.

Sorry. I couldn't help from laughing as I typed that

Assuming Harbaugh becomes available, what is your alternative? We have gone the assistant route many times (Philbin, Sparano, Cameron, etc.) and they all Sh*t the bed. We went the college route (Saban) and that did not work out. This team needs a PROVEN winner and Harbaugh is the best and probably the only realistic option out there.

I will admit the guy is a big d-bag and still hate him from my USC days, but there is no denying every where he has been, the guy wins (USD, Stanford, SF). He took over a 6-10 team in his first year and was two fumbles away from going to the Super Bowl in his first season. The Mr. Nice Guy approach has not worked out here and a hard ass like Harbaugh is just what this team needs. I am not saying he is the next Shula, but hiring him will immediately give this team credibility and respect. Get it done this time Ross!

Again, I will go back to my original question, if not Harbaugh, what better option do you have that is realistic?

You continue to bring up his resume, yet SF wants him out and he wants to leave, why is that? And, aren't you concerned that this type of distention won't be brought here and regress this team?

To be fair, they are only anti-Harbaugh because he doesn't have the words "Miami Dolphins" in his title.

If those words become part of his title, he will suddenly become the most competent coach in the league. As for their earlier opinion? Well...

88dvcih-1.gif

Hate to say it.......but that spells Rex Ryan.:err:

Just because you hire an assistant and it doesn't work doesn't mean hiring an assistant doesn't work. The vast majority of successful head coaches started off as assistants. We also hired Jimmy Johnson and Dave Wannstedt, who had head coaching experience. We also hired Nick Saban and Cam Cameron, who had been college head coaches. If we just based it on that, what does it leave us with? A women's basketball coach? Hey, that hasn't been tried.

The key is to have a good group of people getting together to vet the candidates, going in there with an open mind. Dismissing one category because another category just failed is as wrong as hiring a person just because our front office knows and is comfortable with him or going with a fiery coach because the cerebral guy didn't work. Too often you see these bad organizations overreact to losing by going in the exact opposite direction with the next hire. And in three years they are back looking for someone else.

Philbin didn't work, but it wasn't because he had no head coaching experience or was low-key. It was because he was Joe Philbin. There were things he did well, and a lot of important things he didn't. So find a coach who is an improvement on Philbin, not just a coach who is different than Philbin. The latter course will have us right back here in 2-3 years.

Please do your research before posting. It makes you look ignorant. Name the last Miami coach who won 3 division titles, an NFC Championship, plus a SB appearance in his first 3 years. See what I mean? Doesn't make you look too good does it?

You continue to bring up his resume, yet SF wants him out and he wants to leave, why is that? And, aren't you concerned that this type of distention won't be brought here and regress this team?

Honestly, how much worse can he be than what we have had? People want to take shots at Harbaugh but can't name a better alternative. I am all ears if you have someone.

As far from a proven winner, we tried that with JJ, but that doesn't mean I'm against Jim Harbaugh.

Back
Top Bottom