Question to anyone with knowledge of card values | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Question to anyone with knowledge of card values

they print so many of the game worn jersey cards now, they are rarely worth much....
the cards are worth different amounts depending on if theres any grass or dirt on it, the ones that are messed up looking are worth more, but still its probably not worth more than 30 or 40 dollars

You know as a Fin fan the card is worth more to you (us) than just run of the mill collectors. As mentioned, the game used jersey cards are so mass produced now that the value is not that high. The exception is when you have one that is autographed. Those are usually produced in very limited number and value over $100.

Collecting cards is not what it used to be. Prior to 1995 there used to be a few brands and even fewer inserts. So it was fun. Now it is so massed produced and, and mass marketed, and there are so many brands it is overwhelming. Jersey cards are a great example of that. So many are made that it dilutes the value of the card and ruins a perfectly wonderful game jersey.

I still collect, but not like I used to. I would hold on to the the card. As a fan it is worth more to you. If it book values at$45, in the open market you can get about $25-30 for it.

If you card is numbered AT11, it's valued at $40 accoring to Beckett (December edition). If the card is gold edition it worth $100. The botom line is the card it is worth what ever someone is willing to pay however as a dolphin fan, to me it's priceless. I would keep it. If you realy want to get the most value for the card, have it graded. If there is a demand for the card, then the graded value (if 9.0 or above) it could fetch several $100's. I hope this helps

as a rule, usually cards sell for 50-75% of the BV...and most people use beckett as a guide

Back
Top Bottom