quick an easy no explanation, my 2014 offseason, please post yours. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

quick an easy no explanation, my 2014 offseason, please post yours.

If Dimitris can restructure I wouldnt mind keeping him around, him and Grimes are a great duo. We need to cut Daniel Thomas, and bring in a real RB to compete with Miller.

CArroll is better than Wilson. Everyone is playing out of position. Carroll should be the 3rd corner and Wilson should be the 4th, Again if Patterson could stay helthy he would be the starter however he cant and will get injured next season. If Patterson is willing to take half of what he makes then keep him. If he isnt release him. We can sign someone who will be just as effective and can be relied upon to play every game
Jimmy Wilson has played that nickle role for the past two years due to injury. Patterson is better than Carroll and it wouldnt make sense to cut him. They wont sign Carroll as a nickle when they already have a guy who can step in and play it. If Carroll gets resigned its because they chose him as a starter opposite to grimes who should be back.

CArroll is better than Wilson. Everyone is playing out of position. Carroll should be the 3rd corner and Wilson should be the 4th, Again if Patterson could stay helthy he would be the starter however he cant and will get injured next season. If Patterson is willing to take half of what he makes then keep him. If he isnt release him. We can sign someone who will be just as effective and can be relied upon to play every game

The point is I dont see a situation they keep Carroll other than as a 2nd corner when they already have guys on the roster who can step into those positions and be effective. Carroll is better than Wilson but unless Carroll isnt asking for much money this year it not practical.

Because he can't get through a season would be my guess, and if you can't get through a season at 25 years old, you're certainly not going to get through a season at 28 as a running back. And allegedly the Browns are very interested in and him and will break the bank to sign him for some strange reason. That in itself is enough reason to take our attention elsewhere.

thats fine, if the Browns over pay but he seems to run in our system just fine, and thats why we have lamar miller because he needs help getting through the season

He has been injured every single year he has been in the league (10 years) except for one so chances are he WILL get injured next year. Although seemingly a great talent recently (keep in mind he showed nothing in his first two years in Miami and it was nice to see him make plays last year), he cannot be relied upon. Keep him if he lowers that number a few million, otherwise we need to say goodbye.

Which first two years prior to last season are you referring to? Didn't the team acquire him in the middle of the 2012 season? I seem to recall him playing well then-until he got hurt shortly after we acquired him. The injury history is alarming for sure, though.

Yup, youre right, my bad. He's sucked every year hes been in the league except for one.

Which first two years prior to last season are you referring to? Didn't the team acquire him in the middle of the 2012 season? I seem to recall him playing well then-until he got hurt shortly after we acquired him. The injury history is alarming for sure, though.

Resign
Starks
Grimes
John Jerry
Chris Clemons
Will Yeatman

Release
Dimitri Patterson

Sign
LT - Anthony Collins
RB - Joique Bell
RT/OG - Roger Saffold
MLB - Vincent Ray
CB - Rashean Mathis

Draft
1-OT-Zach Martin

After this I would target WR, OT, DT & CB's who drop due to combine/size/weight/length issues.

Players such as CB-Jason Verrett, Lemarcus Joyner, Ricardo allen, DT-Aaron Donald, Will Sutton, Dominique Easley, George Uko, WR-Donte Moncrief,Paul Richardson, Cody Lattimer, Dri Archer OT-Joel Bitonio, Wesley Johnson, Charles Leno

why do we resign Yeatman?

Big Paul gets resigned over Starks. Big Paul allows for flexibility on defensive fronts. I wouldn't want to lose either one, but if I had to choose, Big Paul stays.

Big Paul gets resigned over Starks. Big Paul allows for flexibility on defensive fronts. I wouldn't want to lose either one, but if I had to choose, Big Paul stays.

Starks is simply the better player IMO

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

why do we resign Yeatman?

Depth

I like Ben Tate, but his injuries concern me, especially considering he has always been the no.2 back and still injury prone.

I would love to have Tate and have Miller back him up,

Why is everybody so adamant in releasing Dimitri Patterson? I get he has a big cap hit but that can be restructured or even not not matter with 30M in cap space. The guy was a stud when he played should be healthy by the start of the season.

I wouldn't pick up Stephan Morris as an undrafted free agent. He sucks.

Back
Top Bottom