Quote from Wanny on WR Tolver | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quote from Wanny on WR Tolver

Dude

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
"I think we'll look back at him when we have the pads on and say he made plays from day one. Every practice, he's made a catch that's caught your eye." -- Wannstedt on rookie wide receiver JR Tolver, who twisted to catch a Sage Rosenfels pass while sliding during a recent practice.

He is our 4th WR no question about it.

:mdfin:

Originally posted by Dude
"I think we'll look back at him when we have the pads on and say he made plays from day one. Every practice, he's made a catch that's caught your eye." -- Wannstedt on rookie wide receiver JR Tolver, who twisted to catch a Sage Rosenfels pass while sliding during a recent practice.

Possibly even more than that. How many of us thought McMichael would be our starting TE last year?

You can't put that type of pressure on a young kid like Tolver, but he could also surprise like McMichael did last year, you just never know.

Oliver...

I called him a pretzel in one of the very first Qb Schools. :D

And I don't think things will change much when the pads come on. He has been in them most of his life. The one thing that might change is having to go against both Sam and Pat constantly.

One of Tolver's bio that i read on draft day blew me away. It described everything you want in a reciever. He is supposedly not blazing fast but the way the bio read, he sounded a bit like jerry rice. going over the short middle and taking it to the house. running great routes. good hands. knows how to find the hole. yadda yadda yadda.
He just sounds like a football player. knows how to play the game. You just dont have 1700 yds receiving and not know something. i dont care who you play. the other reciever had 1500 yds. whoosh.
I dont want anyone to think i think he will be the next jerry rice, but he could be a poor mans jerry. who knows?

I remember Canephins raving about this guy (McMichael) right after the draft (Randy being from Georgia and all). He kept saying how this kid similar to Shannon Sharpe and would start immediately. I wonder what he thinks about Tover......:)

This Tolver kid makes plays. You don't like saying too much before the pads come on. But I'd really like to. I really think this kid is more than just 6th round fodder. And he's such a nice guy too. Very engaging. He'll certainly make things interesting in training camp.

I hope he can do it in a game. Not to sound down on Tolver, but, Lucas looked good in practice too. As did McMichael. If he plays like the later I will be very very happy :sosad:

I liked the Tolver pick as soon as we got him. This kid has great hands and knows what he's doing out there.I've been very high on him and hope he'll be with us on the final 53. I think it'd be a big mistake to let him go. About the guy that said Lucas looked good in camp too, Lucas never had a season like Tolver had in school. 128 catches is a lot no matter where you do it.
up the irons!!!!

same thing with robert baker, this means nothing until he steps on the game field....

Ive seen him at mini-camp, and hes impressive, but its too early to tell whats gonna happen...

I dont know why, but for some reason I keep on wanting to call him "TOLIVER" instead of "TOLVER"

i'm having a brain cramp right now.....but it was either ryan yarborough or ryan van dyke that had very similar numbers in college.....does anybody hear about them these days?????

just because you do something in college realy means nothing.....i hope he is a great player, but i've seen this song and dance to many times with too many players on too many teams to get genuinely excited.........hopefully he can become something great, but until he does i wont believe it.....

Tolver was a 5th rd pick, which usually make the roster. Sam Simmons notwithstanding.

Back
Top Bottom