R.I.P John Madden | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

R.I.P John Madden

I was just thinking about him the other day wondering how he was doing because I know he was getting up there.

Yeah I was watching that YouTube video of Randy mossing the cowboys on thanksgiving with Madden and Summerall calling the game.

Then of course a day later this happens.
Ironic, so was I. He was an entertaining man and he knew his stuff, he'll be missed...

I never forgave him for beating Miami in playoff game back in 1975. When stabler was getting sacked and he threw a TD pass to win game. He was a great coach, great person and make football a better sport. RIP.

Sad…I’m getting old…
For me growing up…
Don Shula=Dolphins
Chuck Knoll=Pittsburgh
John Madden =Raiders (Oakland)
Tom Landry =Cowboys
Bud Grant=Vikings
So on and so on ….
Coaches were larger than life ,then..
I miss those times..

Just read that the Raiders advanced to the AFC Championship game seven times in 10 seasons under Madden. Oakland went 1-6 in those games.

Admins and mods move if needed.
But I figured it could sit in here for awhile.
John Madden passed away, may he R.I.P

Let's raise a glass and a turkey leg above the TurDuckEn in honor of a great coach, great commentator, and great man. You will be missed and never forgotten John Madden.

His fear of flying led to him creating one of the wildest and most extravagant mobile homes ever, with a huge popout section with huge screen TV's facing outside and it's own area for tailgating. The man who lived the concept of building from the inside out and relished the work done by the big uglies .... he glamorized the OL and popularized the Raiders, commentators, and a football video game to new heights. Everything he did was large, impressive and in your face. The world was better for us having John Madden. Rest In Peace.

Sad…I’m getting old…
For me growing up…
Don Shula=Dolphins
Chuck Knoll=Pittsburgh
John Madden =Raiders (Oakland)
Tom Landry =Cowboys
Bud Grant=Vikings
So on and so on ….
Coaches were larger than life ,then..
I miss those times..
Bud Grant is the only survivor. He must be in his 90's.

It's crazy. I just watched the all madden documentary on christmas. What a legend. It's nice thinking that Madden got to see how much he meant to the nfl community, players, fans and people of all generations and backgrounds. Considering he died just a few days the show aired, even tho he saw the players reactions to him before it aired of course. But for him to see it aired on tv and know his family and others got to see his documentary. He got to see this just before his time on earth was up. Crazy

Back
Top Bottom