Radio Report | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Radio Report

Don't more serious injuries like that swell up? Does anyone know if it did?

No Biggie + camp report

Just got back from the afternoons Training camp practice. Wally was dressed with his pads, but did not practice. Wally was walking around just fine, I didn't even notice him limping or anything. My guess is he'll be back on Monday or Tuesday.

D. Thompson looks freekin great, he has some serious mitts. I don't think he even dropped one. There was this one throw from Fiedler to Thompsom that was about 25 yards. I was standing by the fence like 6 ft. from where he ended up catching it. It was a diving catch that had Thompson stretched out colliding into T-Buck. He had one foot in and most of his body out of bounds. I'm not sure if Jay had to much on it, or if Thompson could've stayed in. That was so great to witness that right freekin there, I'll never foget that.

Fiedler looked sharp today, he was right on the money and had some zip. Greise tossed another INT and IMHO didn't have that much zip on it. He looked good at times, but had a hard team with the first teamers.

Corey Jenkins looked great out there today. He always seem to be around the ball.

Overall, it was a good practice and the fans were having alot of fun out there too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update on Wally propain. That is a HUGE relief.
I like what I hear about DT. I was talking to a Skins fan a while back and asked him about DT and he said that he could make the great catch but always seemed to fumble when trying to make more out of the play. I hope that's all in the past and he keeps shining his way to starting opposite Chambers
This Corey Jenkins kid is getting a lot of props. I hear he's laying the smack down all over the place. Man, a 6th round QB/S turned LB making more waves than the 2nd rounder. I don't know whether to laugh or to cry.

great news that wally seems to be ok, now we just need mcKnight to be all right, after 6 months without real football it´s kind of strange to hear that they going at it again, feels so good to know that there is only little over a month to go, i´m so ready

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Muck
Actually, camp is much more laid back this year. Not nearly as intense early on. Things will pick up. But for right now, it's mellower.

That said, I think it's important that our guys work good and hard in the heat (within reason, of course) in order for us to develop and maintain that early season advantage in the HEAT. If we go too easy, I'm afraid our conditioning might slip back so we're just kinda like everyone else. There's more to that homefield heat advantage than our players having just existed in the South Florida heat, -- they need to push themselves and stretch their tolerances and abilities a bit in it.

The physicality of the work-outs is another story. I think we saw under Jimmah how too many rough workouts in full pads can contribute to injury rates and the late season fade. It's not the only factor, but I believe it was A factor at times.

Good to hear about Wally.

James McKnight just has a burner. Those hurt real bad but are nothing. He'll practice tomorrow, I bet.

Back
Top Bottom