Raekwon Davis gone | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raekwon Davis gone

This is so great. I love to watch defensive tackles on every snap. Raekwon was never worth watching. I still have no idea how I took so much grief during his rookie season for insisting he was no good, despite high marks from PFF.

PFF came around and so did the fan base, albeit considerably slower. This forum was more astute than Reddit, where Dolphin fans were still touting him last offseason.

Rookie indications typically hold up. Noah with no awareness. Raekwon with no agility. That's why I hope we aren't reliant on Cam Smith.

I'd like to go to a Colts forum and leave a blunt assessment. Unfortunately I've softened up.

poor value initially but he has all the talent in the world to potentially break out in the right system. Wish them the best.

We need to sign a DT or two. Bet we are in on DJ Reader with his market so quiet.

All the talent in the world, but just never really cared enough to learn the game.

Not a horrible deal for them. He's reasonably robust but pretty 1 dimensional run stuffer. When he is interested.

I thought he would do a little better out there due to his age and overall healthiness.
I think he'll help the Colts, they have a pretty decent group of guys. I always felt he just didn't have that special motor.

This is so great. I love to watch defensive tackles on every snap. Raekwon was never worth watching. I still have no idea how I took so much grief during his rookie season for insisting he was no good, despite high marks from PFF.

PFF came around and so did the fan base, albeit considerably slower. This forum was more astute than Reddit, where Dolphin fans were still touting him last offseason.

Rookie indications typically hold up. Noah with no awareness. Raekwon with no agility. That's why I hope we aren't reliant on Cam Smith.

I'd like to go to a Colts forum and leave a blunt assessment. Unfortunately I've softened up.
Uh, it's not about you. Every other poster in here thinks they are a general manager. Let me know when you get paid as one

In fairness it's a good deal for Raekwon. He seems like a good guy. There has never been a question with effort level. As I've posted he's not bad enough to cut. But he's also not somebody you can do anything with. No hidden upside.

I was worried we'd get stuck with him. Thankfully that's not the case. He's certainly not a Ravens type. Trust the scouting department with new input to find rugged barrel chested guys who can move and disrupt.

BTW, the rush defense is going to regress next season. That is inevitable after consecutive uptick years allowing 4.5 yards per carry, then 4.4, 4.2, and finally all the way down to 3.8 under Fangio, for 5th in the league.

That number was unsustainable even if we brought everybody back. Once it moves closer to league norm let's accept the bounce realities instead of pretending Raekwon was some amazing force against the run, especially given his low trust level of 45% defensive snap counts and only once above 60% all season.

Winning next year's comp pick sweepstakes. Can someone show me when and where the Dolphins organization stated this. I think one person mentioned it here and now nearly everyone is a comp pick expert.

For a short strecth in his first year with Flores he played a dominate stretch. Then he got hurt and was never the same after that.

Back
Top Bottom