Raheem Mostert | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raheem Mostert

At the right price sure?!

I don't see it happening.

OT maybe (JASON PETERS)?

Last edited:
Pretty sure bet moving forward Mister Grier will continue his
trade valuation philosophy -- which absolutely / obviously
favors the Phins in a dominant position!

That said if we were "one player" away from a SB trophy
Chris might deviate off script -- otherwise he's totally dedicated
to making sure we WIN the valuation on all trades.

Bottom line, if you use the above "formula" what possible "value"
could you assign the aforementioned possible trade whereby we
definitively "win?"

Don't see it as a possibility. Zero chance because we (Grier) value(s)
an R7 more than a non essential acquisition. IMO Chris will do whatever
is needed to ADD value to our "futures market" and not burn picks
when there are other options (including talent already on the roster).

Didn't the 9ers trade Breida to us because they liked Mostert and Tevin Coleman (and to a lesser extent Jerick McKinnon)?

I like Mostert, and if we needed a RB, I'd consider it. But, we're rebuilding ... and the shelf life of veteran RB's is short, so the price really would need to be right. We got Breida for a song and he's not making much money at all. If we were to move for Mostert, that would directly undercut the value we got in Breida as they're essentially the same type of backs. Given that we have Howard, I'd say a hard pass on Mostert. But, some team may get very good value to scoop him up for less than his worth. It just will not be the Dolphins.

Very good RB. I liked him even more than Breida, and I think most people around the league feel the same. But the RB position just doesn't hold the value it once did, and durability at his size and play style are not great.

He wasn't good enough to make it out of training camp on his first tour of duty in Miami. Goes to show player matures, improve and are not always the same player they were at age 22 or 23. Another reason to not just give up to quickly on some of Miami's players that have only been here one or two seasons.

Last edited:
He's MILES better than Laird, Gaskin, and Ballage.

If it's for a 5th or 6th I'd do it. We have enough ST talent to make up for it. For all you worried about Brieda's health this would give us 2 lightning quick backs

He's MILES better than Laird, Gaskin, and Ballage.

If it's for a 5th or 6th I'd do it. We have enough ST talent to make up for it. For all you worried about Brieda's health this would give us 2 lightning quick backs

I'm not entirely convinced about Gaskin in that sentence. There's a lot to be said for the blocking Mostert had in SF.

Why did Mostert go through six practice squads in less than two years before landing on the Niners?

I’m happy with Matthews and Breida.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom