Raheem Mostert | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raheem Mostert

Ummm, do we actually want to trade for a 28 year old RB that wants out to get a bigger contract? I feel like the question answers itself.

Just be glad this came out now, or we would have never gotten their solid 25 year old RB at great value.

Ummm, do we actually want to trade for a 28 year old RB that wants out to get a bigger contract? I feel like the question answers itself.

Just be glad this came out now, or we would have never gotten their solid 25 year old RB at great value.

While I'm not that interested in pursuing him for the Dolphins roster, I could see him seeking a better deal in his situation. He's likely on a league vet minimum contract and by the time he waits for his current deal is up before seeking a raise he would be 30 years old. If the 49ers are looking at him as their starting back in 2020 I would at least want to bottom level starting rb money or top level reserve rb money. Don't tout me as your top back and then have me be the lowest paid rb in the room. For example if Devante Parker was scheduled to make less than Preston WIlliams, Isaiah Ford, Allen Hurns, Jakeem Grant and Albert Wilson I'm sure we would hear he and his agent seeking a new deal.

I like Colonel Mustard but don't think he'd add anything to the RB room.

To me, I think the continued acceptance of taking players that suddenly want to be traded is problematic. Players need to learn to play out their contract and not request trades unless they are really in a bad situation. Each day we learn of another slyer demanding a trade. It's getting out of hand really and easily can kill team morale. We're also good at RB so that's an extra no for me.

He's MILES better than Laird, Gaskin, and Ballage.

If it's for a 5th or 6th I'd do it. We have enough ST talent to make up for it. For all you worried about Brieda's health this would give us 2 lightning quick backs
The cost isn't just the trade price, it is also the salary cap price, and that's where I think his value disappears for the Dolphins.

Chris Jones :)

He’s one of the them. I’m guessing KC designed the Mahomes contract around giving them enough room to hang onto Jones for a few more years though.

Given the current state of the world and what is shaping up to be a disaster of a season, giving up precious draft resources just isn’t in the cards for us.

The focus needs to be 2021 and beyond. I think we are one of the best positioned franchises to deal with a “lost” season as our goals are different than most teams in the immediate.

Message to Chris Jones, don’t do what Le’Veon Bell did bro. Take the money and don’t look back. This year is going to suck, make sure you get paid for it and re-examine next off season.

To me, I think the continued acceptance of taking players that suddenly want to be traded is problematic. Players need to learn to play out their contract and not request trades unless they are really in a bad situation. Each day we learn of another slyer demanding a trade. It's getting out of hand really and easily can kill team morale. We're also good at RB so that's an extra no for me.
yes we are sooo solid behind Breida and Howard

yes we are sooo solid behind Breida and Howard

You really looking to add a third RB who wants to be paid even more money? There's only one football to go around.

They took who was available, when they were available, on their terms. You can't exactly add a third RB to the stable when that RB is probably better than the other two.

It's a timing issue. RB's are either elite or interchangeable mercenaries.

Back
Top Bottom