Raheem Mostert | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raheem Mostert

How many draft picks do we want to give up on one year players?
oh you love 5th and 6th and 7th round picks, do you?
guess what? if Breida or Mostert turn into something special, it is much better than a fringe player that may not make the team. That is how you build a team, Mr.Fin Loco. The Fin is short for Finish lol

guess what? if Breida or Mostert turn into something special, it is much better than a fringe player that may not make the team. That is how you build a team, Mr.Fin Loco. The Fin is short for Finish lol
Meh, build a team using that draft pick on fresh RB coming out of college, not one who’s bounced around the league and only had success on one team. Draft, is how you build a team. Sure you’re going to need some free agents too. The way 49ers run their offense, the next guy in line behind Mostert will look like a stud too. You trade away all your mid round picks and spend high on free agents, you’ll have another Tannebaum/Gase team.

To those thinking he’s demanding a lot of money, he’s only asking to match the highest paid RB on the 49ers roster, which is about 4 million a year.

Also, some damn good past players of ours came out of the 5th round.

He's trying to get paid. It's just a tact to get the 49ers to give up some cash

I think they've tried negotiating and then got fed up with the lack of progress. I could see a team's starting rb not wanting to be the 3rd or 4th highest paid rb on the roster. He's not asking for top rb money, just a contract inline with his role on the team. I figure if I was the lead driver at a delivery company and was making less than most of the drivers below me I would ask for a raise too.

While I'm not that interested in pursuing him for the Dolphins roster, I could see him seeking a better deal in his situation. He's likely on a league vet minimum contract and by the time he waits for his current deal is up before seeking a raise he would be 30 years old. If the 49ers are looking at him as their starting back in 2020 I would at least want to bottom level starting rb money or top level reserve rb money. Don't tout me as your top back and then have me be the lowest paid rb in the room. For example if Devante Parker was scheduled to make less than Preston WIlliams, Isaiah Ford, Allen Hurns, Jakeem Grant and Albert Wilson I'm sure we would hear he and his agent seeking a new deal.
I think Reheem's request is perfectly reasonable. But at 28 years old, he has much more value for the 9ers than he does for us.

We are a rebuilding team, while the 9ers have a chance to win it all right now.

Mostert will be 29 or 30 years old before Tua and our batch of young guys are ready to truly compete. It's just a horrible fit and I don't think a trade is even worth discussing.

Running backs last about 6 seasons before completely falling off on average. Mostert was never a feature back till this year, which is why he still can have a couple more good years.

But I think we made the right choice grabbing placeholder RB's when no top RB's fell to us at great value (Dobbins :bang:).

If we do use high draft capital or FA money to grab a stud RB, I want that guy's prime to be more in line with Tua's.

I wouldn't even be surprised if we wait till 2022 to prioritize that position (if we end up doing it at all). We still have too many holes and question marks, and RB simply has low positional value. This isn't fantasy football.

Last edited:
I’d rather have Curtis Weaver on his rookie deal than all but maybe 5 or 6 RBs in the entire league, on their current contracts.

What if we extended Lamar Miller?

What if we extended Jay Ajayi?

Dodged a bullet twice with those 2 and probably the same deal with Drake.

I’d rather have Curtis Weaver on his rookie deal than all but maybe 5 or 6 RBs in the entire league, on their current contracts.

I sort of get what you're saying, but what does Weaver on a rookie lb deal, have to do with the rb situation?

I sort of get what you're saying, but what does Weaver on a rookie lb deal, have to do with the rb situation?
Prior poster made picks 5-7 sound worthless. Can still find value in them with picks like Weaver. Reshad Jones and Zach Thomas are two guys who were picked in round 5, you won’t always get a player like that, but there’s still value.
That’s what I think he means by mentioning Weaver anyway. Already have 2 RBs that are pretty decent, Mostert isn’t worth trading a pick for in my opinion. You cannot address every single need in one draft and FA period when you depleted the roster the way we did. Can snag a new young RB in next years draft.

Prior poster made picks 5-7 sound worthless. Can still find value in them with picks like Weaver. Reshad Jones and Zach Thomas are two guys who were picked in round 5, you won’t always get a player like that, but there’s still value.
That’s what I think he means by mentioning Weaver anyway. Already have 2 RBs that are pretty decent, Mostert isn’t worth trading a pick for in my opinion. You cannot address every single need in one draft and FA period when you depleted the roster the way we did. Can snag a new young RB in next years draft.

Bingo.

Jay Ajayi, Rishard Mathews, Jakeem Grant, Davon Godchaux all quality players had in the fifth or later. I am sure others have slipped my mind.

Bobby McCain is not on my list on purpose.

I agree w everything you said, but I think it's misleading to use Weaver as an example of what you can get in the 5th round (not that you explicitly said that. I don't want to put words in your mouth).

He should have easily been gone by the 3rd. I personally ranked him as a borderline first rounder, right after Epenesa. Maybe I'm overrating him, but just my opinion.

I'm not sure I will ever be as excited by a 5th round pick as I was when I heard his name called.

It took that guy 7 teams including ours to do what he did last year. I'm good with what we have and adding a back in the first two rounds next year. I don't know what fin-finish means. Aren't you the one thinking we only win 5 games this year anyways? I'm. not but from my thread about predicting the record this year I think you were on the low side. I'm still at 11-5.

Raheem Mostert himself was an UDFA. For years, he was literally a fringe player who didn’t make teams.

He's MYLES better than Gaskin

convinced now?

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom