Raiders Move To Vegas Approved - Only Steve Ross Dissented | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raiders Move To Vegas Approved - Only Steve Ross Dissented

Vaark

The Intra-Dimensional Felinians R Coming 2 Save Us
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
31-1: wonder why.

But by the same token, if he's so against relocation, then that bodes pretty well for our own franchise staying put.

I heard one AFC club was opposed earlier - they said this owner thought it was dumb to move from a big market to a small one

Ross has always said he would never move Miami. He also literally just build a new stadium and is 76.... its kinda unlikely to come up in his lifetime anyway

Minutes before the announcement...

[TWEET]846420519377264640[/TWEET]

:lol:

I wonder what his rationale was? Maybe he didn't want another competitor for super bowl rotation? Would the NFL dare put a Super Bowl in Las Vegas though? Probably.

Also, they won't move immediately, so expect the Raiders to take a step back next year as they deal with the chaos of a team playing in a city they are no longer welcome in.

Despite the Ross factoid I still think this is a Raiders story, im going to move it.

Should be interesting to to see how teams who can't get new stadiums start threatening to leave for a new city. 3 in 14 months is not a great precedent for the nfl

Despite the Ross factoid I still think this is a Raiders story, im going to move it.

I'd disagree. Considering many of Ross's past decisions have been questionable, it's reasonable to speculate why Miami, out of every single franchise, including such traditional stalwart and well entrenched owners like the Rooneys, Maras, Mrs Ford and Virginia Halas McCaskey was the only one to have problem with it. What sets OUR owner apart? Why did he rock the boat and possibly incur the future enmity of Mark Davis, and maybe the league?

What Steve Ross thinks and does have direct and immediate bearings on the direction of the franchise.

I think this definitely has merit being in the main board, if it's true that Ross was the lone vote against it.

I mentioned this in chat, but this is maybe the first time that I've ever seen a team decide to relocate and actually felt like the ownership was 100% in the right. Davis is not wealthy by the standards of NFL ownership, the situation with the stadium they play in is disastrous, and the local government there has steadfastly told Davis to go **** himself every time he's tried to work with them on finding a solution to keep the team there. What else was he supposed to do?

Big difference from the Chargers situation. The Chargers just flat out wanted to move to LA because it's a bigger media market and they see the dollar sign potential.

You're no fun :lol:

During the slow time of the year leaving threads like this equal discussion.

I get tired debating RT and Landry fake contract :lol:

Plenty of good things to discuss outside of the mains :idk: would be good if people ventured out of it from time to time

I find it odd that they are going to still play in Oakland the next 2 seasons. I see a lot of empty seats in the near future....

I find it odd that they are going to still play in Oakland the next 2 seasons. I see a lot of empty seats in the near future....

Agreed. While some will go just to be able to see their favorite players play again, others might not just to stick it to Davis and company the best they know how.

the official line

[TWEET]846439762386960384[/TWEET]

but still very likely that ross is the unnamed owner who thinks its moronic to move so such a small city

Agreed. While some will go just to be able to see their favorite players play again, others might not just to stick it to Davis and company the best they know how.

Adam Shefter related that when The Raiders effort to relocate back to LA fell short, the city of Oakland told Davis that they now had all the leverage and were tripling the stadium rent. If that's true, then that, coupled with the city's inability or refusal to work with them on funding a new venue really backfired as a "**** you" to Davis.

Dolphins the only team that voted against Oakland's move to Las Vegas.

GOOD.

I don't want the Raiders to move. I didn't want the Chargers to move either. The Rams I couldn't care less about but I am just not in favor of these teams moving.

I know money is the root of it all and I understand the stadium situation's in California but the Raiders not being in Oakland blows.

When I saw that the vote was 31-1 in favor of I immediately wanted to know who voted against it, not thinking it was Miami.

It put a smile on the my face knowing Mr. Ross wasn't for it.

Back
Top Bottom