Raiders Move To Vegas Approved - Only Steve Ross Dissented | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raiders Move To Vegas Approved - Only Steve Ross Dissented

I love the fact that he place fans over money. Can you believe an owner having this kind of attitude? The bottom line for owners in any business weather they love their fans or not is MONEY. On the flip side, sounds to me like he was pissed that he had to spend his own money and other owners get to pull up stakes for greener pastures spending as little of their own money as possible.

I assume Ross voted against San Diego moving too? Oakland is still paying almost $100m in tax debt from renovations 20+ years ago. Lol vegas taxpayers are going to get sucked dry.

I love the fact that he place fans over money. Can you believe an owner having this kind of attitude? The bottom line for owners in any business weather they love their fans or not is MONEY. On the flip side, sounds to me like he was pissed that he had to spend his own money and other owners get to pull up stakes for greener pastures spending as little of their own money as possible.

I dont think places fans over money over all but i agree with him on this

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

I assume Ross voted against San Diego moving too? Oakland is still paying almost $100m in tax debt from renovations 20+ years ago. Lol vegas taxpayers are going to get sucked dry.

The fans always lose for the most part

It was moved hours ago, before phinatic even made that post and long before you made the above comments. You may want to drop the attitude - that is advice you should 'listen' to.

I don't care, it shouldn't have been moved at all. And I'll damn well speak my mind with no filter if I want, so get off your high horse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I came to the main forum just to look at thoughts on the Ross vote. I just found this. I think it should have stayed personally

I'm glad Ross voted against Las Vegas. It's only a matter of time before some kid gets a huge gambling debt and throws a game, forever tarnishing the shield. It's not like it couldn't happen without a team in Las Vegas ... but now the Raider will be there all 53 players all pre-season, all season, and even the practice squad guys will be there. And, 8 different teams each year will be subjected to this one-time rush, exposing another 45 players, plus all the support staff. That's 45 active players x 8 teams, so that's 360 players on visiting teams each year. That's a lot of temptation, even if they never host a playoff game.

I'm against a team in Las Vegas. I'm in favor of keeping the Raiders in California (Oakland or Los Angeles were both good options if they could get a stadium built). I'm happy Ross voted the way he did, despite the certain disapproval of his fellow owners.

I came to the main forum just to look at thoughts on the Ross vote. I just found this. I think it should have stayed personally

Thank you. And I was probably too harsh to UK, so I apologize for that, but this should be in the main forum because of the Ross element.

I don't care, it shouldn't have been moved at all. And I'll damn well speak my mind with no filter if I want, so get off your high horse.

If you continue to speak your mind with no filter eventually you will end up doing it on another forum. We have a TOS, a filter is required on FH.

You are allowed an opinion, you expressed that opinion with added attitude several times. You were told to drop that attitude and instead chose to bite back. I probably should already have done something but I will remind you one more time to drop the attitude, I highly suggest you listen to this advice and get back on topic.

A note for all users -If you have a problem with the way this site is moderated raise it formally. Throwing a public temper tantrum will not sort anything and frankly weakens your argument.

I stand by my stance that Oakland Raiders relocation news does not belong in the Dolphins section. There is nothing wrong with a thread being outside the main forum, a lot of good content is posted in these sections - read them more.

If you continue to speak your mind with no filter eventually you will end up doing it on another forum. We have a TOS, a filter is required on FH.

You are allowed an opinion, you expressed that opinion with added attitude several times. You were told to drop that attitude and instead chose to bite back. I probably should already have done something but I will remind you one more time to drop the attitude, I highly suggest you listen to this advice and get back on topic.

A note for all users -If you have a problem with the way this site is moderated raise it formally. Throwing a public temper tantrum will not sort anything and frankly weakens your argument.

I stand by my stance that Oakland Raiders relocation news does not belong in the Dolphins section. There is nothing wrong with a thread being outside the main forum, a lot of good content is posted in these sections - read them more.

You seem to have a bit of an attitude yourself- now if you read my above post I apologized, but you decided to be just as snippy. Whatever. Moderate the site however you want. I stand by my opinion that you made the wrong call. There's a Dolphins bend to this story and it belongs in the main forum. Others seem to agree- in fact, you seem to be the only one in dissent on this. People don't come to this section and they aren't going to just because you say they should. You should also take your own advice regarding attitudes.

Ross doesn't want a team with an arguably better vacation destination than his :).

Not arguable in the least IMO. While Las Vegas is certainly a place one should go to at least once in their lifetime, what's better than the beach, tits, and football?

the official line

[TWEET]846439762386960384[/TWEET]

but still very likely that ross is the unnamed owner who thinks its moronic to move so such a small city

I just finally read his reason(s) for why he cast his vote as "no". Given 1) his nature as a major real estate developer and 2) what he went through with Hard Rock Stadium I think it is fair of him to call-out the NFL and Owner's for this sort of "disposable attitude" toward teams uprooting their fan bases.

The LV Raiders? I mean come on really? I was so happy went the Raiders went back to Oakland but even when they went to LA it didn't feel like they really moved at least not to me. In all truth the Raiders have always been a distant second in terms of my AFC favorite team, I am a Miami fan through and through but I've rooted for the Silver and Black more than any other team in the NFL other than the Miami Dolphins.

I grew up loving Dan Marino but wanted to be Howie Long. Before every single high school game our defense would watch the NFL Greatest Hits and Howie was the man in my opinion he was everything Raiders, the unfinished team, the bad boys, the team who played dirty, the team who found a way to win.

I don't think the Raiders ownership worked with the city and state of California enough in this matter and I think resolution could have been found. I happen to agree with Ross on this matter, I think the NFL is becoming a disposable fan base which is up for the highest bid if you have a large enough consumer market. Gone are the days of loyalty to one team, ask yourself if Green Bay wasn't publicly owned do you think they would still be in Green Bay? My guess is nope and that would be terrible.

lets get back on topic, it doesn't really matter what section this thread is in.

[video=youtube_share;k73vwEpWa6c]https://youtu.be/k73vwEpWa6c[/video]

Okay, I've struck a happy medium, starting an OP based on a great Deadspin article related to Ross's motivation, his wealth and why he's untouchable from a recrimination standpoint, etc - all Fincentric and legitimately relevant in the main forum.

http://www.finheaven.com/showthread...Unanimous-Vegas-Vote-And-Why-He-s-Untouchable
I have also linked to this particular thread for anyone who wants to discuss the vote from the league or Raiders contexts. :up:

I think this is the greatest news ever!!! Great chance to watch some Dolphins/Raiders games in my own backyard!

Back
Top Bottom