Raiders WR Henry Ruggs III to be charged with DUI resulting in death | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raiders WR Henry Ruggs III to be charged with DUI resulting in death

Deeply saddened someone was killed. His career is over, beyond tragic in every way.
Not necessarily. He could just receive a suspension. All he did was act carelessly and recklessly in a manner that resulted in the death of an innocent person. It isn't like he said something "racially insensitive" or "homophobic." The Raiders and the NFL will just be "gathering information" for now.

Nightmare for all involved.

Donte Stallworth ran over a pedestrian down there in Miami and killed him driving while intoxicated and only got 30 days in jail, fines, probation and settled with the family outside of court to avoid a civil suit. You never know what's going to happen in these circumstances. A lot of it depends on the state laws, judge, and the family of the deceased.

Either way, Ruggs has to live with this from now on.

Not necessarily. He could just receive a suspension. All he did was act carelessly and recklessly in a manner that resulted in the death of an innocent person. It isn't like he said something "racially insensitive" or "homophobic." The Raiders and the NFL will just be "gathering information" for now.
DUI Manslaughter (result of causing a death while DUI) minimum sentence: 2 years in Las Vegas (max 20 years).

Last edited:
So TMZ is now reporting that Ruggs was travelling at 156 MPH in a residential area seconds before the crash. He managed to slow down to 127 MPH before rear-ending the SUV. Both vehicles rolled more than 500 feet. The SUV completely engulfed in flames, killing the 23-year-old driver and her dog.

I hope and pray that poor woman and her animal were killed on impact, because going out in a fire like that would be horrific. Most people who die in fires actually succumb to smoke inhalation before the flames get them. Sounds like that wouldn’t be the case here.

Ruggs refused to submit to a field sobriety test at the scene but his blood was tested at the hospital. His blood-alcohol content was .161 – more than double the legal limit of .08. And when police searched his crumpled Corvette, they found a gun.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/11/03/henry-ruggs-iii-mug-shot-las-vegas-raiders-dui-arrest/

Last edited:
So TMZ is now reporting that Ruggs was travelling at 156 MPH in a residential area seconds before the crash. He managed to slow down to 127 MPH before rear-ending the SUV. Both vehicles rolled more than 500 feet. The SUV completely engulfed in flames, killing the 23-year-old driver and her dog.

I hope and pray that poor woman and her animal were killed on impact, because going out in a fire like that would be horrific. Most people who die in fires actually succumb to smoke inhalation before the flames get them. Sounds like that wouldn’t be the case here.

Ruggs refused to submit to a field sobriety test at the scene but his blood was tested at the hospital. His blood-alcohol content was 1.61 – more than double the legal limit of .08. And when police searched his crumpled Corvette, they found a gun.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/11/03/henry-ruggs-iii-mug-shot-las-vegas-raiders-dui-arrest/
Holy ****.

I do assume you mean .161 and not 1.61 as that would make his blood 161% alcohol.

Leonard Little did this and his career thrived afterwards. Then he got arrested for DUI again after his manslaughter probation was over and his career continued to thrive. I’m not drawing any conclusions yet for Ruggs given that millionaires can hire the best defense attorneys on the planet.

Ruggs refused to submit to a field sobriety test at the scene but his blood was tested at the hospital. His blood-alcohol content was .161 – more than double the legal limit of .08. And when police searched his crumpled Corvette, they found a gun.

I knew he had to be going fast for a car to be on fire. So sad and just messed up. I have no sympathy for him. I'd have no sympathy even if he didn't drink considering him going at that speed, which is completely careless and reckless. But then more than double the legal alcohol limit in his system and he needs a strong sentence for this

Leonard Little did this and his career thrived afterwards. Then he got arrested for DUI again after his manslaughter probation was over and his career continued to thrive. I’m not drawing any conclusions yet for Ruggs given that millionaires can hire the best defense attorneys on the planet.
Yeah, I just think it's a different day and age now. Plus you have the speed, the refusal to take a breathalizer (it was not taken until Ruggs was at the hospital and a judge granted a warrant to do so) meaning his true BAC at the time of the accident was probably considerably higher, plus his behavior at the hospital immediately after the accident was indicative of a total lack of remorse......I think the prosecutors have more than enough. Plus I think Nevada's DUI laws are more strict than most.

I hope he gets the full jail term. It's deserved if the allegations are proved. Sooner the likes of Florio and other football media hacks stop giving sympathy the better. They wouldn't give a **** if he wasnt a football player in the NFL. Fact. He's just a news story now but because he's an ex NFL player he's also a victim. It's poor on many fronts.

Yeah, I just think it's a different day and age now. Plus you have the speed, the refusal to take a breathalizer (it was not taken until Ruggs was at the hospital and a judge granted a warrant to do so) meaning his true BAC at the time of the accident was probably considerably higher, plus his behavior at the hospital immediately after the accident was indicative of a total lack of remorse......I think the prosecutors have more than enough. Plus I think Nevada's DUI laws are more strict than most.
Idk there's a live clip that someone taped of the accident and Ruggs on the ground with his gf and him crying on the ground. He deserves the book thrown at him for all those things, but I do believe he has remorse.

Idk there's a live clip that someone taped of the accident and Ruggs on the ground with his gf and him crying on the ground. He deserves the book thrown at him for all those things, but I do believe he has remorse.
I have no doubt that Ruggs didn't set out to kill someone. He made a series of bad decisions that culminated in a horrific, tragic outcome. I believe in redemption. I believe that he could, someday, potentially use this experience to help stop others from making the same mistake. But there's little doubt the facts of this case cry out for a stiff punishment. It appears a young woman and her dog were burned alive, and social media posts that have resurfaced indicate Ruggs has previously joked about driving drunk.

Back
Top Bottom