Raiders WR Henry Ruggs III to be charged with DUI resulting in death | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Raiders WR Henry Ruggs III to be charged with DUI resulting in death

He should get a minimum of 10 years in prison, IMO. Anyone who drinks and drives and kills someone doesn’t deserve a light sentence. His age and the fact he is a professional football player should have nothing to do with the case.

He should get a minimum of 10 years in prison, IMO. Anyone who drinks and drives and kills someone doesn’t deserve a light sentence. His age and the fact he is a professional football player should have nothing to do with the case.

Agree 437%.

Yet, it won't surprise me if gets off lightly.

It'd be just another example of messed up priories and a knucklehead benefitting because he can run faster, jump higher, yada yada yada

I have no doubt that Ruggs didn't set out to kill someone. He made a series of bad decisions that culminated in a horrific, tragic outcome. I believe in redemption. I believe that he could, someday, potentially use this experience to help stop others from making the same mistake. But there's little doubt the facts of this case cry out for a stiff punishment. It appears a young woman and her dog were burned alive, and social media posts that have resurfaced indicate Ruggs has previously joked about driving drunk.
yeah he needs serious punishment and its so horrible she and her dog were burned alive. Such foolishness, arrogance and selfishness of him to feel it's funny to drive drunk. It's not an excuse, but unfortunately it's not unusual for ppl his age to feel way. When young in early 20s or teens and then millions and a star player. PPl unfortunately can feel invincible and they can take risks that won't hur themselves or others. He's gonna pay for this for the rest of his life. I thought the nfl had orientations and all of that for rookies and young players to avoid pitfalls from former players or older veterans. I know a lot of that stuff was financial related, but I thought it covered many things. If so, he didn't listen

Two more additional felony charges and a misdemeanor charge filed against Ruggs. I believe orginal charges were DUI manslaugher and reckless driving. An additional DUI charge and an additional reckless driving charge being filed due to injuries of the passenger in his car. A misdemeanor firearm charged tacked on for having a loaded handgun in his car while under the influence.

I have no doubt that Ruggs didn't set out to kill someone. He made a series of bad decisions that culminated in a horrific, tragic outcome. I believe in redemption. I believe that he could, someday, potentially use this experience to help stop others from making the same mistake. But there's little doubt the facts of this case cry out for a stiff punishment. It appears a young woman and her dog were burned alive, and social media posts that have resurfaced indicate Ruggs has previously joked about driving drunk.
The thing I don't get is that this young man had a close friend who died from a drunk driving accident and then this happened? What is Ruggs thinking?

Two more additional felony charges and a misdemeanor charge filed against Ruggs. I believe orginal charges were DUI manslaugher and reckless driving. An additional DUI charge and an additional reckless driving charge being filed due to injuries of the passenger in his car. A misdemeanor firearm charged tacked on for having a loaded handgun in his car while under the influence.
I'll bet some charges get thrown out, like they normally would if the defendant pleads guilty. But, Nevada doesn't **** around with drunk driving charges. Come to Sin City and have a good time, but don't drink and drive there. My guess is he pleads guilty and gets the 2 years minimum.

Not a Ruggs issue, but Raiders release their first round pick Arnette from last year after a video was posted of him handling a gun and threatening someone. Hate to be a guy in PR for the Raiders.

The thing I don't get is that this young man had a close friend who died from a drunk driving accident and then this happened? What is Ruggs thinking?

In 2016 Henry Ruggs close friend , 17 year old Roderic Scott , died from a rain-wet-road-related car accident while en route with teammates to a high school basketball tournament.

Dude won’t ever play another down in the nfl again, you can bet on that.

Drunk driving going 156 mph and killed someone, he’s going to jail for a while and when he eventually gets out he’s gonna be broke.

The guy should get a long custodial sentence, he should never get the chance to play professional sport again. Anyone who drives at such speeds after that amount of drink (either one of those is bad enough) is scum. My heart goes out to the poor women and her pet who died in a horrible way and her family and friends left to deal with her loss.
Sadly being a millionaire who has a sporting background he will buy a legal eagle who will in turn buy him a minimum sentence having pleaded to a lesser offence, pay off any claims and we all know teams in the NFL have short memories and the morals of an alley cat if they think Ruggs could help them.
Cue the press conference by team X
Can help the team, paid for his crime, expressed remorse, changed man, blah blah blah, no further questions on the matter. It’s happened before and will do again. Sad but true

Most drunk drivers still have enough common sense to not go 150+ mph in a residential area…

Something is wrong with that dude beyond making “poor choices” imo

I think its actually worse because of his status.

Noone should ever drink and drive, but I feel more for someone with a shitty ass life with nothing left who has an alcohol problem than a star athlete who makes more per game than a lot of us do over years and years.

Anyone thinking this guy will get off easy when he was driving 150+ is kidding themselves.

He’s already getting it easy, would Joe Public get house arrest?

Back
Top Bottom