Ramsey is not the way to go.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ramsey is not the way to go....

Prime Time

Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!
Reaction score
Look at his stats...very similar to Jay Fiedlers. Now you will argue that he has a bad O-line, but so do we...and he has better WRs. I do not think Ramsey is the way to go, he has not proven anything IMO. I would rather draft a QB.

Ramsey up up those numbers on a broken foot too. At the very least, he's an upgrade to Fiedler.

yes, read through the long thread for all the arguments to save everyone from re-posting

Ramsey put up those numbers with a broken foot, no offensive line in front of him and no rushing attack. The big difference between Ramsey and Fiedler is that the safeties were up in the box to stop the run for Jay and playing centerfield against Ramsey.

It seems like most Redskins fans LOVE the kid..

...And no running game. Ramsey is a better QB. There offensive line is NOT as bad as some think. They have a probowl LT. And a solid run blocking RG & RT. The weakness has been at center & LG...and depth.

But, Ramsey is NOT available. Gibbs does not have to tell a lie to fool everyone. All he has to do is tell the truth.

Ramsey will stay a Skin. Gibbs could care less about draft picks. He wants Veteran players that he can trust.

Huh? Gibbs won't tell a lie? He already has, to someone. Brunell will only go tot a team to be the STARTER. Yet, he told Ramsey he'd have a chance to be the STARTER if they got Brunell. Hmmmm.

Originally posted by Prime Time
I do not think Ramsey is the way to go, he has not proven anything IMO. I would rather draft a QB.

I think it's hilarious that you talk about Ramsey not "proving" anything, but want a rookie. :lol:

You're talking about his stats, but I bet you like many others.. only saw the guy play a couple of times.

Originally posted by bigmiamifan
Huh? Gibbs won't tell a lie? He already has, to someone. Brunell will only go tot a team to be the STARTER. Yet, he told Ramsey he'd have a chance to be the STARTER if they got Brunell. Hmmmm.

LOL! So, your saying that you know for a fact what Brunell was told? If Brunell knows that Gibbs lied to Ramsey...then would he not also conclude that Gibbs lied to him?

That's not what Gibbs is about. But, we shall see.

Originally posted by PhinstiGator
...And no running game. Ramsey is a better QB. There offensive line is NOT as bad as some think. They have a probowl LT. And a solid run blocking RG & RT. The weakness has been at center & LG...and depth.

samuels was not good this year
the line underachieved for the talent they have and the schemes spurrier used got ramsey killed more than jay was in our offense and more than ramsey would as well.

Re: Re: Ramsey is not the way to go....

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

I think it's hilarious that you talk about Ramsey not proving anything, but want a rookie. :lol:

Here's the thing.. Some people are so hell bent on Phillip Rivers that they won't hear it any other way, even IF the option is best for Miami.

I find humor in this post as well. Guy wants Miami to use a draft pick on a total unproven commodity, claiming that Ramsey's not "proven"

Isn't that a bit of a contridictory statement??

Originally posted by PhinstiGator

LOL! So, your saying that you know for a fact what Brunell was told? If Brunell knows that Gibbs lied to Ramsey...then would he not also conclude that Gibbs lied to him?

That's not what Gibbs is about. But, we shall see.

Well, obviously no here knows what anyone has said personally, it's all based on news reports. However, Brunell was quoted saying he only wants to be a starter. Gibbs offered him $20mil or so knowing Brunell wants to be the starter. Then Ramsey takes offense because he's been the starter and doesn't want to be #2. Then a report said Gibbs spoke to Ramsey and that he had a chance to fight for #1. That's a contradiction centered around Gibbs. That's enough evidence for me to draw my conclusion that Gibbs has lied to someone or that one or both of these QBs has relaxed their original stance.

Personally, yes, I think Gibbs lied. He doesn't want Ramsey to freak, want a trade, etc because they don't have Brunell yet. They need Ramsey happy should Brunell fall through. Once they get Brunell you think Ramsey will sit on the bench quietly?

Originally posted by bigmiamifan
Well, obviously no here knows what anyone has said personally, it's all based on news reports. However, Brunell was quoted saying he only wants to be a starter. Gibbs offered him $20mil or so knowing Brunell wants to be the starter. Then Ramsey takes offense because he's been the starter and doesn't want to be #2. Then a report said Gibbs spoke to Ramsey and that he had a chance to fight for #1. That's a contradiction centered around Gibbs. That's enough evidence for me to draw my conclusion that Gibbs has lied to someone or that one or both of these QBs has relaxed their original stance.

Personally, yes, I think Gibbs lied. He doesn't want Ramsey to freak, want a trade, etc because they don't have Brunell yet. They need Ramsey happy should Brunell fall through. Once they get Brunell you think Ramsey will sit on the bench quietly?

You are assuming that Gibbs has promised SOMEONE a starting position. I doubt that has happened. From all indications...Brunell would still prefer to come to Miami.

Gibbs has not even met all of his players yet...let alone promising starting positions.

Jay plays hurt every year, so the excuse of Ramsey playing hurt to rectify his stats is BS.

Back
Top Bottom