Ramsey is not the way to go.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ramsey is not the way to go....

Re: Re: Re: Ramsey is not the way to go....

Originally posted by Dolphins99Fan

Guy wants Miami to use a draft pick on a total unproven commodity, claiming that Ramsey's not "proven"

:lol:

That's more of the truth than Paul Pierce. I honestly think some people would turn down the chance to trade #20 for Mike Vick(which would never happen), to get Ramsey at #20. :rolleyes2

Ramsey's 24.........HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

Not the way to go......LMFAO.

The guy has started just barely a full NFL season's worth of games.

Ramsey has a very strong arm. He played in a crappy system not fit for the NFL in Washington that did a very poor job at protecting the quarterback. He would definitely be an improvement to Fiedler. When looking at a player, you have to look at more than just stats.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ramsey is not the way to go....

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

I honestly think some people would turn down the chance to trade #20 for Mike Vick(which would never happen)

It sure seems that way to me as well.. Some seem to have a RIVERS OR BUST mentality, even despite having the option of picking up a QB whos young enough to stick around for a while, and good enough to start immediately.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Ramsey has a very strong arm. He played in a crappy system not fit for the NFL in Washington that did a very poor job at protecting the quarterback. He would definitely be an improvement to Fiedler. When looking at a player, you have to look at more than just stats.

Sure wish more would take the blinders off like you have man.. Stats are great if your drafting a fantasy football team, but when it comes to getting players in reality, theres more to stats than meets the eye. I think with Miami, who has a big game back (Washington lacks it) and a semi-adequate offensive line (at times I wonder if the Skins had that). I honestly think he would do fine in Miami.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ramsey is not the way to go....

Originally posted by Dolphins99Fan

It sure seems that way to me as well.. Some seem to have a RIVERS OR BUST mentality, even despite having the option of picking up a QB whos young enough to stick around for a while, and good enough to start immediately.

The Rivers kissing posts don't annoy me anymore, I just usually laugh.

My favorite ones are:
"Rivers is the next Marino"
&
"Rivers is better than Henson and Ramsey"(yeah okay, like there's proof)

Yes I would be happy with Ramsey or Brunell if we already had them or we did'nt have to give up a draft pick. I have mixed feelings about it all. I would not give up the 20th draft pick for Ramsey or Brunell. Brunell is getting up there in age to give up a first for him. Ramsey is good but not good enough for the our 20th.

Alot of you talk about us Rivers fans well I will be the first to admit it HELL YEAH I AM A RIVERS FAN THERE YOU HAVE IT. You say Rivers has'nt proved himself no he hasnt in the NFL level. As far as I am concerned yall make Ramsey better than he is because he got an strong arm. To me he has been in the league for 3 seasons no excuses bad line broken foot blah blah blah. His foot may have broken but it must not have been that bad or he would not have played. He has not proven all that much except for he is tough. I just believe we could get someone from FA's and still have our 20th and we would be in better shape.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ramsey is not the way to go....

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
My favorite ones are:
"Rivers is the next Marino"
&
"Rivers is better than Henson and Ramsey"(yeah okay, like there's proof)

Those quotes make me want to

A)Laugh
B) Throw something.

Originally posted by Noland
Yes I would be happy with Ramsey or Brunell if we already had them or we did'nt have to give up a draft pick. I have mixed feelings about it all. I would not give up the 20th draft pick for Ramsey or Brunell. Brunell is getting up there in age to give up a first for him. Ramsey is good but not good enough for the our 20th.

Alot of you talk about us Rivers fans well I will be the first to admit it HELL YEAH I AM A RIVERS FAN THERE YOU HAVE IT. You say Rivers has'nt proved himself no he hasnt in the NFL level. As far as I am concerned yall make Ramsey better than he is because he got an strong arm. To me he has been in the league for 3 seasons no excuses bad line broken foot blah blah blah. His foot may have broken but it must not have been that bad or he would not have played. He has not proven all that much except for he is tough. I just believe we could get someone from FA's and still have our 20th and we would be in better shape.

Nol,

I have no problems with Rivers fans, or even with the possibility of getting Rivers himself.. Far from it. However, I DO have a problem with those who wear the blinders and claim that anyone who isn't named PHILLIP RIVERS is "Jay Fiedler Jr."

As for making Ramsey better than he really is, I don't overevaluate his skills. The guy still has room for growth, and improvement. However, whats fortunate is he is still capable of growth and improvement AND he can start right away. With Rivers, Losman or Henson, you can't really say that. All three are in need of development and acclimation to the NFL level. Only one of the QBs in this years draft who I think could immediately start is Roethlesberger or Manning, and even they will struggle. Would you honestly be confident in a rookie to lead the Dolphins to the playoffs, when odds are against it?

Heres my final take on the matter this post. No, Ramsey isn't Tom Brady/Peyton Manning. The guy isn't going to throw for MVP numbers right away.. However, he isn't NEARLY as bad as some are making him out to be.

It is irrelevant to even speak of ramsey as not being the answer when he clearly is an upgrade over any other passer out there that we can trade for a first round pick and being a good talent for years to come.

Your right but that is why I said I wish I had Brunell already or someone in fa's because that would a FA player and a draft qb to groom. To me it should'nt take 5 years of starting for a qb to finally improve. Like I said I would love to have Ramsey but not for our 20th that is all. I think Rivers or Henson will be successful in Miami an I hope it is alright to wish and hope because different people have different feelings I guess that it is ok though.

Because I know one thing for sure I know I aint always right I just have opinions.:up: :nesucks: :jetssuck: :billsbite

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Well unlike you, I do not have NFL Ticket so I do not get to see too many Redskins games. Also, I have soccer and other stuff to do then just watch football, so I did not see much of Ramsey. I saw him play vs our Defense for one quarter before he got hurt, so I had to base my opinion on stats.

Back
Top Bottom