Randy Mueller likes A.J. Feeley..considered drafting him | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Randy Mueller likes A.J. Feeley..considered drafting him

adamprez2003 said:
anyone who thinks feeley will throw the same amount of interceptions this upcoming year doesn't know squat about the quarterback position and the learning curve involved. Quite frankly they don't know anything about football period

Several Ints that Feely threw were in the middle to the RB or TE or sometimes to the slot receiver who was never there...This is the result of a predictable offense where defenses know the formation and could even predict the routes of the receivers...Miami ran the same play over and over and it does not take a real genius to intercept a ball if he sees that same formation and could easily jump the receiver's routes and intercept...
As you noticed, several INts by Fiedler were intended for Rob Konrad who was never 100% on the field and we've been running that same BS play unsuccessfully even though defenses know the formation and they know Konrad is the 1st option.

adamprez2003 said:
Gus won't be the starter by the end of the year. how long it takes feeley to learn his third system in three years, i don't know but frerotte is an average second stringer at best. He might start the year but feeley will take the job from him before too long. Rosenfels has more physical talent than Frerotte. Frerotte is simply a stopgap until Feeley learns the system

I hope this does not happen, I hope that whoever wins the starting job does not have to constantly look over their shoulder. I don't want Saban to be constantly changing QB's, and I don't think he will be, hopefully whoever wins the job plays well enough to end all consideration to be pulled for one of the other guys. "If you've got 2 guys trying to be the starting Qb, you really don't have a starting Qb," I think that quote puts it best.

Great. So the guy that misses on most of his late round picks considered using a late round pick on AJ. Tha just fills me with confidence.

There isn't a quality QB available to Mueller at this time. He has the young Feeley and the veteran Frerotte. He goes with these guys this year. The draft is over and free agency is nearing its run for the 2005 season. By the end of the upcoming season he will know if he needs to search for a new QB. But for now, he has an entire season to study this matter further. He won't be evaluated on the 2005 season anyways. The pressure is off. Bottom Line: He said exactly what he needed to say concerning our QB situation.

MDFINFAN said:
I hope so, because I don't want to be stuck with Gus..I want the young gun learning the O with the rest of the O who will be learning the system. Might as well start AJ from the get and let him get comfortable in the system, since this is the first year anyway...use it to teach everyone.

I agree completely.

rafael said:
Great. So the guy that misses on most of his late round picks considered using a late round pick on AJ. Tha just fills me with confidence.

Good point, lets just hope AJ was one of those late rounders he got right. :D

Samphin said:
Seriously guys, what is he supposed to say? First day on the job and asked about the team's current starting QB? Is he supposed to say he sucks and I hate him? How does that help anybody, including the fans? If the GM won't stand behind the QB on his first day, why would fans want to?

Furthermore, I think when you are a GM, you "consider" drafting anyone really. I mean, if someone asked you if you had considered drafting a player and you said, " No, not really, in fact, we didn't even have a scout look at him at the combine or watch any game film or anything on him" they would be crucified.

These are P.R. statements from Randy trying to win brownie points and instill confidence in the player and fans.

Note: I like Feeley as well. I am just making these points so people don't go throw themselves in front of a bus.

The quote is from last year...when he was not employed by the NFL

Samphin said:
Seriously guys, what is he supposed to say? First day on the job and asked about the team's current starting QB? Is he supposed to say he sucks and I hate him? How does that help anybody, including the fans? If the GM won't stand behind the QB on his first day, why would fans want to?

Furthermore, I think when you are a GM, you "consider" drafting anyone really. I mean, if someone asked you if you had considered drafting a player and you said, " No, not really, in fact, we didn't even have a scout look at him at the combine or watch any game film or anything on him" they would be crucified.

These are P.R. statements from Randy trying to win brownie points and instill confidence in the player and fans.

Note: I like Feeley as well. I am just making these points so people don't go throw themselves in front of a bus.

Read the date from the article... It was last spring a year before he was hired by Miami...

Nasty

RaptorBpW said:
The list of people I as a Saints fan have heard Mueller say he "considered" drafting is far more impressive than the list of those he did as Saints GM.

That may be true but, I doubt many people consider Feeley "impressive".
I'm not sure what to think of Mueller because I don't know much about the guy. Still i'm excited about his future with the franchise. As far as Feeley, I think he has a lot of promise and I can't help but like a guy with his level of toughness. IMO, if he gets some more time to throw, he will be much more efficient qb. Thats what I saw when he filled in for Donavan McNabb. Does anybody really want to see Frerotte leading the team?

Gladsadmad said:
The quote is from last year...when he was not employed by the NFL

Well then, nevermind. :lol: seriously though, Randy has been jockeying for this for awhile. It wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't sincere, but if a part of him had a feeling of what was to come. Secondly, I believe when Miami was interviewing orginally for this spot last year, Randy was on record as saying that Miami needed a new QB to replace Fiedler. Miami then went and did that. Maybe not the QB Mueller wanted overall, but still they kind of followed his plan anyways, so how could he not like the guy?

Don't be surprised if Randy makes a play for a guy like Adrian McPherson---that's exactly the sort of pick he and his brother Rick specialize in. Haslett learned not to worry much about character if the guy has talent...and he learned it from Randy.

gus sucks. useless to start him. he isn't our qb of the future.
aj gets the shot this year. if he sucks, we need qb of the future.
if he is good, maybe we have a qb for a couple of years.
starting gus wouldn't help the future of this team.

MDFINFAN said:
Man, Paintopleasure, Stevie S, and others are going to crucify Muller for thinking this way...Muller just won some brownie points with me...and I'm someone who doesn't really think well of his hiring.
Why would I crucify Mueller for thinking that way? :confused: I'm not an AJ hater or lover, I'm actually somewhat relieved to hear that he has confidence in AJ. This way it'll help even out the QB competition so that'll there will be a fair open QB competition during Training Camp. That's what I've wanted from the very beginning and still do. With Rick Spielman stepping down, that hurt AJ because he was pulling for AJ while Linehan was pulling for Frerotte. With Mueller having confidence in AJ, now it's going to be 50/50 again, and that's what I want... and for the best man to win the starting job. Why do you think that I would be against Mueller for thinking this way?

Back
Top Bottom