Randy Mueller likes A.J. Feeley..considered drafting him | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Randy Mueller likes A.J. Feeley..considered drafting him

painnotpleasure said:
Why would I crucify Mueller for thinking that way? :confused: I'm not an AJ hater or lover, I'm actually somewhat relieved to hear that he has confidence in AJ. This way it'll help even out the QB competition so that'll there will be a fair open QB competition during Training Camp. That's what I've wanted from the very beginning and still do. With Rick Spielman stepping down, that hurt AJ because he was pulling for AJ while Linehan was pulling for Frerotte. With Mueller having confidence in AJ, now it's going to be 50/50 again, and that's what I want... and for the best man to win the starting job. Why do you think that I would be against Mueller for thinking this way?

:up:

I'm relieved, I didn't think you like anything that had to do with Spielman...even though he left us in great cap shape, and seem to have a plan.

I personally don't see what the point would be of having Gus start at the beginning of the season. One of the biggest knocks on AJ is that he still has limited game experience (he's played, what, maybe the equivalent of one full season in the NFL?). How's he going to get the necessary experience by standing on the sideline? I would think that if Gus is starting the Denver game (unless AJ is hurt), then AJ might as well pack his bags.

adamprez2003 said:
Gus won't be the starter by the end of the year. how long it takes feeley to learn his third system in three years, i don't know but frerotte is an average second stringer at best. He might start the year but feeley will take the job from him before too long. Rosenfels has more physical talent than Frerotte. Frerotte is simply a stopgap until Feeley learns the system

Feeley may just be an average 2nd stringer or a good third stringer.

Time will tell, it's all up to AJ, he fails and he has no one to blame this year.

MDFINFAN said:
...Muller just won some brownie points with me...and I'm someone who doesn't really think well of his hiring.

Again, we're on the same page.

I've often wondered in the past few days, if the "Spielman" players did well down the road... how many :smackhead would be felt?

Gladsadmad said:
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/9023915.htm

"What would have happened if early front-runner Randy Mueller had become the Dolphins' general manager instead of Rick Spielman?

''There's no way of knowing, [but] I always thought A.J. Feeley had starter's ability, and we considered drafting him when I was with the Saints,'' Mueller said.

``I don't think Miami could have afforded to wait for a veteran quarterback to become available in free agency. You couldn't chance it. Miami should be credited for this.''

That doesnt meanwe wont be getting a new, hopefully better QB next sason doesnt it? We will see how AJ does this season Muller probably thought he has potential.

You know Brown hasn't touch the ball and we are trying to figure out if he'll run for 100 yards in his first game.
As far as I'm concerned we know one thing about AJ, he is not a quitter Let's face it, can any of you imagine what it must have been like walking into the Fins camp at this time last year.
No OL, no OC, no RB, only two receivers worth mentioning.
AJ was well regarded by Randy and Ron Wolf
I'm looking forward to see what he can do under a real OC and with some coaching.
If Saban didn't think he could do it he would have been gone by now.
Saban has cleaned house and AJ is still there, maybe there is a reason.

adamprez2003 said:
anyone who thinks feeley will throw the same amount of interceptions this upcoming year doesn't know squat about the quarterback position and the learning curve involved. Quite frankly they don't know anything about football period

There are ALOT of people on this board who fall under that catergory. :escape:

adamprez2003 said:
anyone who thinks feeley will throw the same amount of interceptions this upcoming year doesn't know squat about the quarterback position and the learning curve involved. Quite frankly they don't know anything about football period

Agreed

Gladsadmad said:
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/9023915.htm

"What would have happened if early front-runner Randy Mueller had become the Dolphins' general manager instead of Rick Spielman?

''There's no way of knowing, [but] I always thought A.J. Feeley had starter's ability, and we considered drafting him when I was with the Saints,'' Mueller said.

``I don't think Miami could have afforded to wait for a veteran quarterback to become available in free agency. You couldn't chance it. Miami should be credited for this.''

Quick.........................................Duck! :hide:

pigskinguy said:
There are ALOT of people on this board who fall under that catergory. :escape:

I agree. Griese never got a chance under Wanny. Let's hope Saban sees the potential in Feeley. Appaerently he's thinking long term success, so...

fin13 said:
You know Brown hasn't touch the ball and we are trying to figure out if he'll run for 100 yards in his first game.
As far as I'm concerned we know one thing about AJ, he is not a quitter Let's face it, can any of you imagine what it must have been like walking into the Fins camp at this time last year.
No OL, no OC, no RB, only two receivers worth mentioning.
AJ was well regarded by Randy and Ron Wolf
I'm looking forward to see what he can do under a real OC and with some coaching.
If Saban didn't think he could do it he would have been gone by now.
Saban has cleaned house and AJ is still there, maybe there is a reason.

That's encouraging, actually.

dolphan north said:
I agree. Griese never got a chance under Wanny. Let's hope Saban sees the potential in Feeley. Appaerently he's thinking long term success, so...

I think you are right, but if Saban does not believe that Feeley is the QB of the future he will likely start the QB who he believes will win the most games

Back
Top Bottom