• Dolphins = Dave Wannstedt

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shula Fan

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in how all of you would rank the coaches in the AFC East. Remember they're

NY Jets = Herman Edwards

Buffalo = Gregg Williams

New England = Bill Belichick

Miami = Dave Wannstedt

I've placed them in the order I think is appropriate

Let me know

New England = Bill Belichick - With a little luck, a little snow, and alot of good coaching this team won the Super Bowl. Other teams were more talented. Coaching was excellent.

NY Jets = Herman Edwards - The man works wonders with Trash.

Buffalo = Gregg Williams - Jury still out, he is not third because he deserves to be third, the other 2 above him have done more.

Miami = Dave Wannstedt - Cut the head off the weasel. More talent last year then all but 4 teams and couldn't make the playoffs. Pathetic.

I had to go with Herm Edwards, even though Bellichek is a great coach, I just think that Herm is all around better, for coaching a team with not much talent he has gotten them in the playoffs 2 years in a row, plus the way he handles the media in NY is amazing.

Im a dolphin fan so I cant vote for Wanny till he wins one for us.

This is our year, no really I mean it this time =P

without a doubt its Bill Belichick..he won the SB with no big name players and a noodle-armed qb....also, an extraordinary defensive mind

1. Belichick
2. Edwards
3. Wanny
4. Williams

You could probably go either way with Wanny and Williams though.....a lot depends on how this year unfolds.....

Herm Edwards has been very impressive and he does handle the media well.....a much bigger factor in NY and NE than in Miami or Buffalo.

I went with BB because he is tried and true and doesn't have much downside.

Yeah, I voted Belichick...

on the basis of his Superbowl run and in particular how he outsmarted Martz who had a much more capable offense. When it comes to the cerebral side of this game I think he beats out the others in this division.

I remember when Jimmy was trying like crazy to get Belichick down here to coach the defense.

Anyway, I went with the Super Bowl champion head coach.

Wow no love for Wanny in this thread!

Its kind of ironic how Wanny and Belicheck have followed different paths after taking over their respective teams.

At the time they took over they were quite comparable. Both were considered strong defensive minds that had been overshadowed by their bosses (tuna and JJ). Both had previsously tried their hand at HCing with disappointing results. However many placed the blame on poor organizations (Bears & Browns) that lacked any talent. Both are also somewhat dull when it comes to the media.

After a year and half it looked like Wanny was going to develop into a Swan and Billy boy an ugly duckling. Wanny had led his team to an AFC East title in his first year and was well on his way to another.

Meanwhile, Billy boy had opened with a disappointing 5-11 season and then he decides to stick with a little known back-up over his popular franchise QB. Trust me I live in CT and there were few fans in NE who thought this was a good idea at the time.

Well we all know what ahappened from there out. Miami has another late season slide while NE gets a few lucky bounces and ends up winning the SB.

2002 pans out to be disappointing for both coaches and somehow Billy boy is still a genius and Wanny a dope.

This is too easy.. Belicheck is the best coach.. Belicheck could of taken the Jets, Miami or the Bills far last year.. His team just lacks talent all around and they stilloverachieve.. Without a doubt gets the most out of an average bunch

Back
Top Bottom