Ranking the Fins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ranking the Fins

Mike13

I am a golden god
Reaction score
IMO the offense should be in the top 15 specifically I think we will be at #13 :) .

The Defense should be in the top 10.

Special teams...... I really have no clue.

Are you asking what we think we're going to be ranked or what we think we should be ranked? In my profile my predictions are:

Prediction - Offensive Rank: 21st
Prediction - Defensive Rank: 6th
I'm starting to think that maybe I ranked our D a little too high and maybe should move it down to 8th. But I'll stick with 6th. And I feel our offense will be around 21st in our first year in Linehan's system. Maybe 18th at the highest, 24th at the lowest. So to make this list neater.

Offense: Somewhere in the 18th-24th range.
Defense: Somewhere in the 4th to 8th range.
Special Teams: Hrmm. Never really though about a ranking. With Mare, Turk, and Welker. + our Special Teams coverage. I would say we're more in the average to above average range. In terms of rankings, just going to take a wild estimation here and say... 13th-16th range.

Those are my predictions of what I think we're going to be.

This is my gut feeling...

Offense: 10th
Defense: 20th

I think the offense is a lot closer to complete than the defense is and that we're going to stun a lot of folks because we're going to struggle early on defense before things start to come together later in the season. I think we could have top 10 units on both sides of the ball in 2006, though.

..improved OL will result in a 9th ranked offense..
..A revamped D-line will bring energy to the D and will br 8th

Jimmy James said:

I think the offense is a lot closer to complete than the defense is and that we're going to stun a lot of folks because we're going to struggle early on defense before things start to come together later in the season. I think we could have top 10 units on both sides of the ball in 2006, though.
Really? I understand that it's a complete new system that the team is learning but it seems like we're always a Top 10 year in and year out. The biggest loss is obviously Surtain and FS is a major concern, but I'm really confident with our Defensive Line and our Linebackers. I feel our Defensive Line could possibly be Top 5 (Maybe Top 8) in the NFL and if they create pressure on the opposing QB we can force a lot turnovers and make our secondary better not to mention help as LB's as well. A good example of this would be the 2003 Carolina Panthers. By no means is our D-line anywhere near as good as they were, but I don't feel they had that great of a secondary but the Defensive Line definitely made them better. I personally feel that we still are capable of being a Top 10 Defensive team this year. I know maybe I went a little too high with thinking 6th, but I wouldn't consider somewhere like 8th or in Top 10 out of the question. And I hope I'm not coming off as an a$$ or anything (I apologize if it seems that way), just curious why you think we're going to struggle early on defense and why our offensive system will pickup on the new system quicker?

Jimmy James said:

Good read, but I'm incline to think the O makes it only as far as 16th in their first year.

Offense 15th
Defense 10th

I think they offense will have to gel on the oline for a bit depending what the start lineup is. I think the defense will have a period where it gets used to the new defense and where they are supposed to be early in the year, however by the middle of the year, I think they will gel, and go after a lot of teams with nothing to lose.

painnotpleasure said:
Really? I understand that it's a complete new system that the team is learning but it seems like we're always a Top 10 year in and year out. The biggest loss is obviously Surtain and FS is a major concern, but I'm really confident with our Defensive Line and our Linebackers. I feel our Defensive Line could possibly be Top 5 (Maybe Top 8) in the NFL and if they create pressure on the opposing QB we can force a lot turnovers and make our secondary better not to mention help as LB's as well. A good example of this would be the 2003 Carolina Panthers. By no means is our D-line anywhere near as good as they were, but I don't feel they had that great of a secondary but the Defensive Line definitely made them better. I personally feel that we still are capable of being a Top 10 Defensive team this year. I know maybe I went a little too high with thinking 6th, but I wouldn't consider somewhere like 8th or in Top 10 out of the question. And I hope I'm not coming off as an a$$ or anything (I apologize if it seems that way), just curious why you think we're going to struggle early on defense and why our offensive system will pickup on the new system quicker?

Who is returning as a starter on defense?

Taylor
Thomas
Surtain
probably Seau
maybe Chester

Add in a new scheme, and it seems to me that this defense isn't going to be the one we're used to. Trust me, I'll gladly be wrong about all of this if it works out that way. I'm not rooting for the D to be bad -- I just think there is a reason we spent most of our picks and our free agent money on the defensive side of the ball.

What's the highest you could make a case for if most of the critical positions played to the best of their abilitity? Specifically if we get quality performances from the QB/OL and Secondary - All the other areas seem solid.
Offense( in the best of all possible worlds) 10-12
Defense top 6
Possibly if all our cards fall right 10-6 anything better should be considered a "miracle season" and coach of the year honors for Saban.

Dolfan1000 said:
Offense- 14

Defense- 11

Special Teams- 15

I'm pretty sure our defense and special teams can do better than that. With Saban practically being the defensive coordinator, it should be better than that. I'm almost positive.

Jimmy James said:
Who is returning as a starter on defense?

Taylor
Thomas
Surtain
probably Seau
maybe Chester

Add in a new scheme, and it seems to me that this defense isn't going to be the one we're used to. Trust me, I'll gladly be wrong about all of this if it works out that way. I'm not rooting for the D to be bad -- I just think there is a reason we spent most of our picks and our free agent money on the defensive side of the ball.

come on man, let pat go.... :yell: :D

Back
Top Bottom