Ranking the top 10 AFC QB's on talent | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ranking the top 10 AFC QB's on talent

Talent or performance? Potentially two very different things. Either way your list looks pretty close imo. If you mean performance I’d drop Lawrence down a bit for sure.

Don't know if we're saying the same thing or not, but physical talent? Football talent? There are guys who made a successful career in the NFL on technique or anticipation or reading the opposing O or D. One mostly underappreciated is remaining cool under pressure. All those make up talent - more than one of them at a time. Conversely, we've all seen exceedingly gifted athletes out of the league in 2-3 yrs.
Mahomes seems to have them all. Marino not so much. JMO, but Allen seems to wilt in big moments. Rogers WAS talented, but not the last couple of years in GB

AFC only

1 Mahomes
2 Burrow
3 Allen
4 Stroud
5 Lamar
6 Tua
7 Lawrence
8 Herbert
9 Rogers
10 Russ
Excellent list.

My only change would be moving stroud to behind Herbert as we still need to see how he does in year in 2… I personally think he will be top6 before end of the year but that’s still a question mark.

These are my rankings as far as which AFC QB's I would rather have for next season.

1. Mahomes

2. Burrow

3. Stroud

4. Allen

5. Jackson

6. Herbert

7. Tua

8. Rodgers

9. Lawrence

10. Watson

Lawrence and Herbert have got to be the most overrated QBs ever. They constantly get excused from not meeting the hype while Tua still gets bashed for exceeding expectations. I'm still in between on Tua leaning towards off the bandwagon, but i gotta call it like I see it.
What people really mean by talent is usually arm strength and size... Unironically, overrating those 2 aspects is very much at the top of the list of things responsible for 90% of early QB picks bust rate.

While I agree Purdy has been a very effective QB with the 49ers. It should be noted that Garrapolo was a very effective QB when healthy when he was the 49ers starting QB. Yet no one confuses him with being a top tier QB in the NFL.

Purdy was very fortunate to be drafted by the 49ers and not by a team that was not filled with all the talent on the 49ers roster. I believe he is a very good QB in the 49ers offensive system but I have my doubts he would be as effective with a team that wasn’t as loaded on offense as the 49ers are.
This is true, I agree, but Garrapolo really was not as consistent or good as Purdy has proven to be.

That was his 1st true full season, next one will show how he effective he will continue to be.

Ranking the top seven days to harvest toe-jam:

7. Monday - because **** Monday
6. Tuesday - at least it ain’t Monday
5. Sunday - almost ****in Monday again
4. Thursday - why do you care
3. Friday - because **** YEAH
2. Saturday - gonna be honest I rarely remember Saturdays
1. Wednesday - HUMP DAAAAAAY!!!

… am I doing this thread right???

Lawrence and Herbert have got to be the most overrated QBs ever. They constantly get excused from not meeting the hype while Tua still gets bashed for exceeding expectations. I'm still in between on Tua leaning towards off the bandwagon, but i gotta call it like I see it.
Both are tall, have magnificent long flowing hair and sculpted butts. Their win/loss record mightn't be great but that is a grossly overrated misunderstood metric in today's NFL analytics. Tua may have a better win/loss record and statistically be a more accurate passer but hey, Herbert and Lawrence beat him in the key marketing metrics of towering height, flowing hair and sculpted butt.

Last edited:
Well my list is Tua, Tua, Tua, Tua, Tua. Who cares about the bottom 5. Just falling in line, don’t want to get banned.

Back
Top Bottom