Ranking Top-20 Nfl Running Backs Heading Into 2018: Kenyan Drake | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ranking Top-20 Nfl Running Backs Heading Into 2018: Kenyan Drake

Forget scheme based runs. Brother I’m looking for the days we come out in a 22 package and pass long.

Drake, Ballage/Gore, Gesicki, Stills/Parker/Grant all have enough speed, or size, to beat single coverage. Even Smythe should be a tough match for the average LB’er. I want to scheme the pass on second and short when the defense reads power run.

And man, if we could ever learn how to run a screen pass we have the RB’s to make it work.

Barring injury and with enough touches, I expect Drake to be within the top six or seven RBs easily. He is a big guy and not only runs fast, his acceleration is elite as well as his ability to find his way around would be tacklers.

It's just another "list". You know, the kind that should not be taken too seriously because there are two players in the top 20 that haven't played a down of NFL football.

It's slow news season.

Last edited:
Drake is exciting to watch, and with the added size he has packed on it should help with the abuse his body is going to take this season. I'll take a wait and see approach with him for the time being.

I think he has a good chance to be considered top 10 by the end of the season. Like CK says not sure he'll get 20-25 carries, maybe more in the 15-18 range with Gore getting around 10.

Drake has a good shot at around 1200 yards rushing with maybe an additional 400 receiving. That would be a nice season.

I like that Drake won't get 25 carries a game. He's a great young player and 18 carries is fine with some touches in the passing game. He'll last longer if we don't use him up in a short time span like Wannsted did with Ricky Williams. Frank Gore is way too good not to use a lot through out ball games. If neither guy has to be the workhorse it's better all around.

Even split with drake and ballage would be ideal world with gore just there for leadership/lockerroom.

I think if he picks up where he left off last year, he'll be higher than 19 by the end of the year.

Back
Top Bottom