Rankings of WR in Draft - Lets see who are the ones the Fins might pickup | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rankings of WR in Draft - Lets see who are the ones the Fins might pickup

MARLINSFAN305

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Sporting News Jan 19 Edition has the Top 15 receivers ranked:

1- Larry Fitzgerald
2- Roy Williams
3- Reggie Williams
4- Lee Evans
5- Rashaun Woods
6- Michael Clayton
7- Bernard Berrian
8- Devery Henderson
9- Michael Jenkins
10- Darius Watts
11- Johnnie Morant
12- Keary Colbert
13- Ernest Wilford
14- BJ Johnson
15- James Newson

Originally posted by MARLINSFAN305
Sporting News Jan 19 Edition has the Top 15 receivers ranked:

1- Larry Fitzgerald
2- Roy Williams
3- Reggie Williams
4- Lee Evans
5- Rashaun Woods
6- Michael Clayton
7- Bernard Berrian
8- Devery Henderson
9- Michael Jenkins
10- Darius Watts
11- Johnnie Morant
12- Keary Colbert
13- Ernest Wilford
14- BJ Johnson
15- James Newson

I would think that Michael Jenkins and Michael Clayton would be higher.

Re: Re: Rankings of WR in Draft - Lets see who are the ones the Fins might pickup

Originally posted by Section126

I would think that Michael Jenkins and Michael Clayton would be higher.

I agree about Jenkins. Love his size and he drops because of the poor offense he had at OSU. I cant imagine getting either of the top two, but would love Lee. I hear he and CC are friends and CC would be a good role model for him.:D

I would love to get BJ johnson in the later rounds. Could be a sleeper, especially based upon these rankings

I think Miami will be looking at three recievers mainly:

Reggie Williams, Michael Clayton, and Michael Jenkins.

Rick Spielman loves wide receivers who have size and can run. Both Williams and Clayton are rated as potential mid first round picks, while Jenkins is flying under the radar at the moment.

It doesn't appear that Larry Fitzgerald will declare for the draft, so my rankings of the wide receivers at this time:

1. Roy Williams/Texas
2. Reggie Williams/Washington
3. Michael Clayton/Louisiana State
4. Michael Jenkins/Ohio State
5. Rashaun Woods/Oklahoma State
6. Lee Evans/Wisconsin

Why do you blame them. David Terell was the undoubted #1 WR that year. It's like Fitz or Roy this year. Can't really blame them. David Terell actually dropped a bit in that draft, he was expected to go #3.

To bad we can't draft them all then keep the best of the lot (LOL)...

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Other than if they let O-Gun go for a 1st and 3rd (I hope not), they will probably move down in the draft. I mean they have no 2nd or 5th. After the top 2 or 3 receivers, they are all pretty much toss ups. They could move down and pick up a second and still get a top 5 receiver. It would be pretty hard to pass up on a Rashaun Woods or Michael Clayton. But they need to get some more picks. Especially early in the draft.

This management team has never shown that they will move down to collect picks. I don't think they have traded down once in the past four years.

There is a better chance that the Dolphins will offer next year's #1 for a #2 this year if they feel the player at that position can help them immediately.

Originally posted by KBISBACK
This management team has never shown that they will move down to collect picks. I don't think they have traded down once in the past four years.

There is a better chance that the Dolphins will offer next year's #1 for a #2 this year if they feel the player at that position can help them immediately.

LOL! Yeah..and probably to the Patriots no less!

I would not be surprised at all if Clayton moves past Reggie Williams. Clayton I think is going to do EXTREMELY well at the combine, and he's probably gonna be the guy to make the huge jump this year.

At #20, I'd love to see Reggie Williams drop, but iono if I would pend on it happening. Clayton, Evans, or Woods(do not drop him on your lists because of speed, the man can play) would be good there as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Jaj
Why do you blame them. David Terell was the undoubted #1 WR that year. It's like Fitz or Roy this year. Can't really blame them. David Terell actually dropped a bit in that draft, he was expected to go #3.

True but the thing is rankings and mock drafts aren't an exact science.

Just goes to show that people shouldn't whine about draft spots. Look at Moore and all the whining that we reached for him. Steve Smith was the 25th ranked WR on that list and I guess Carolina "reached" for him in the 3rd now didn't they :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom