Rankings of WR in Draft - Lets see who are the ones the Fins might pickup | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rankings of WR in Draft - Lets see who are the ones the Fins might pickup

Not really most expected him just about there. Moore was a several round reach, but that's another story.

This year I hope Miami gets a Williams, Clayton, Woods in that order.

Actually, Moore was projected as a 3rd round pick by most of the so called draftniks on the web.

The fact is, had Miami not taken him, he was going to get drafted within the next ten picks anyway. Both Tampa Bay and Cleveland were all set to take him in round 2.

That is what the Fins FO said and the kid expected. He was rated as a fifth or sixth rounder by what most GMs said.

im excited for eddie moore myself, undersized maybe, but hes fast and in todays game you have to be fast. hopefully he can get healthy and learn from the best (Zach, junior) and be a mainstay at OLB for a while

I hope so too. Atleast we will be good at LB next year.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
I would not be surprised at all if Clayton moves past Reggie Williams. Clayton I think is going to do EXTREMELY well at the combine, and he's probably gonna be the guy to make the huge jump this year.

At #20, I'd love to see Reggie Williams drop, but iono if I would pend on it happening. Clayton, Evans, or Woods(do not drop him on your lists because of speed, the man can play) would be good there as well.

I'm afraid the Bills or Jets will pick up Reggie Williams if he drops to them.. I wonder if the Texans will go for Ogunleye..

1-Fitzgerald, he's reportedly hired an agent
2-Roy
3-Reggie
4-Clayton
5-Woods
6-Evans
7-Jenkins
8-Darling
9-Wilford
10-Berrian
11-Henderson
12-Newson

Fitzgerald has also enrolled in class and has been attending class for the spring semester, so I'd hold fire for a second or two.

Clayton and Jenkins will go higher than that list indicates and Woods and Evans will go lower. Maybe into the 2nd. Devard Darling is a probable 2nd rounder and PK Sam could end up in the 3rd.

Eddie Moore wasn't a several round reach. Rick McKay said that the Bucs were going to draft him had we not, as he was clearly the best cover LB in the draft.

Forget WR , we wont be drafting one in the first round. second round maybe, if we pick one up that is...........but ive already heard the dan and rick show say they are going to look at QB and OL. as they should! WR could come by way of free agency too.

Picking up a WR if FA is cheaper then a QB or a blue chip OL. So I think we draft a QB or OL in round 1. If Ogun leaves and we get picks, I hope we keep them and use them on talent.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

I'm afraid the Bills or Jets will pick up Reggie Williams if he drops to them.. I wonder if the Texans will go for Ogunleye..

why the texans? did you hear any rumours? there is alot of teams that would love Ogun. The thing i wonder is that would a team be more likely to go for Ogun if they had late first round picks? teams like New England who have the extra first.

Originally posted by gunn34
Picking up a WR if FA is cheaper then a QB or a blue chip OL. So I think we draft a QB or OL in round 1. If Ogun leaves and we get picks, I hope we keep them and use them on talent.

thats just it. we are all here talking Ogun as if we know whats gonna happen with him. we dont even know what spielman wants yet let alone what some other team wants.

but i agree with ya, keep the picks and use them. if you target a player like a linemen you know you could get three picks later and you can get a 2nd, then pull the trigger, but i dont hink that is highly likely.

Ogunleye won't go to Houston - he isn't stout enough against the run to work in a 3-4. I think we are all jumping to the conclusion that Wally is going and that certainly isn't definitive.

Fin Fan - we don't have a 2nd rounder.

In terms of drafting a WR - there may well be better value there if Clayton, Reggie Williams or Mike Jenkins are there. On the OL, one of those WR's is better value than a LT as Dorsey has injury worries and commitment worries in terms of how much he puts in and 20 is too high for Jacob Rogers. Vernon Carey is the wild card, although you could make a case for slipping down a few picks and still snaring him. JP Losman is a strong possibility, but you aren't likely to throw him in at the deep end.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

The Jills are a possibility, however they will also look at TE, O line QB and CB if they loose winfield.

I'm not a draftnik (nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night) but my understanding is MK Jr. said recently that he believed this draft to be fairly weak in the OL department.

I'm sure there are still individual bargins to be had, however.

Back
Top Bottom