Ravens expect Terrel Owens to report to the Ravens...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ravens expect Terrel Owens to report to the Ravens......

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
Doesn't some franchises realize that some players just don't want to play for their team and insist when knowing he will cause further trouble. I don't see Terrel Owens moving to Maryland anytime soon. He is better of for a team that he wants to play for them but this quick deal by the 49rs was against the players right. When a player devotes almost 10 years to a franchise then he has the right to choose the team he want.

TO agent is to blame here not SF.

why should SF do TO any favors.

Doesn't some franchises realize that some players just don't want to play for their team and insist when knowing he will cause further trouble. I don't see Terrel Owens moving to Maryland anytime soon. He is better of for a team that he wants to play for them but this quick deal by the 49rs was against the players right. When a player devotes almost 10 years to a franchise then he has the right to choose the team he want.

Originally posted by juniorseau55

Right to choose? He's caused nothing but trouble there. good player, but he's a selfish player. He's dished it out through his big mouth over the last few years, and now he's getting his. He can dish it out, but can't take it?

And another thing. there's nothing honorable about him leaving his team with 3 years of his contract left. he screwed up, he's paying for it. No one should be able to walk out on their contract in the first place.

He can move in my area of Maryland & be exactly 45 minutes between Philly or Baltimore's stadiums :)

Will he show up for his physical? If he doesn't, then the Ravens have a bigger problem.

Originally posted by Great_One
Will he show up for his physical? If he doesn't, then the Ravens have a bigger problem.

Problem for the Ravens....?

All they paid was a 2nd rounder for him, If T.O ever wants to play again, he'd better show up. I'd say that makes it T.O's Problem.

Actually, it would be the Raven's problem since they acquired a player who doesn't want to play for them. And it would also be a problem for Owens once Ray Lewis busts him in the face.

Much like his press conference, he has rejected to show up for the physical as well.

Baltimore's take on everything is, he'll like him eventually. Good luck.

my god u sound as stupid as Upshaw. He been in teh league ten years he should get to choose. Upshaw, "everyone knew his intention was to leave SF" Basically both of you are saying "yeah there is a CBA in place that states the necessary procedures to follow when you have a voidable option in your contract, but since it is TO and he fuked up and doesn't like it, he should not be held to those and rules and be treated separately and be given what he wants". It is like upshaw is saying "Yeah he didnt follow the rules that we as a Union agreed to but he wants to be a FA so he should be"

Oh and so what he spent 10 years with them if that is what the number is? By years he qualifies, but he has a contract. You cant just say"hey i have been in the league ten years so I am a fa regardless of my contract. That is what happened, he failed to void his contract by the date required and so his contract stays in force, so regardless of yrs in league, he is under contract and not free. Oh and this he didnt know and noone told you is baloneyy as well. this is not the first yr of this extenstion, so they had plenty of time, even if it was, everybody else was able to comply, why is To held to diff rules?

That is the point exactly RRO. TO seems to believe he shouldn't have to be bound to everyone else's rules. Upshaw is trying to validate it. This belief that one person is bigger than the system turned me off to Elway before he ever played his first game. Personally, I would get a certain satisfaction in seeing TO sit out the year.

I agree , what ever TO has coming to him I hope he eats every bit of it and chokes. As far as the Ravens go I think the Eagles would take TO off of their hand for the right price.

Originally posted by Great_One

Not really, because then the Ravens can just void the deal, as trades are all contingent on the player passing a physical, and TO's not showing up constitutes a failed physical.

So if TO doesn't show up, the Ravens can just void the deal, get their draft pick back, and TO is once again the Niners big headache.

Wow I didn,t know that Barbarian, good point. Ok the circus is about to move back to SF everyone. This just gets better by the day!

Baltimore isn't going to void the deal. They are going to keep postponing the physical until TO comes around. I think they are crazy, personally. He doesn't want to be there, why would a team want that type of situation?

Can you imagine Shula, or Parcells putting up with this? I remember Philly out right releasing a pro bowl franchise player in his prime, when he complained about being franchised. Jeremiah Trotter

Back
Top Bottom