RB Jaylen Wright | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB Jaylen Wright

6 of the 8 games he had double digit carries he went for over a 100 yards. One of the games he didn’t he still went for 75 yards on 11 carries in a blowout win. In the other game, against Alabama, he only had 22 yards on 11 carries….but it’s Bama so

Last edited:
A couple blowout wins and a couple blowout losses explain why he only had 137 carries.

He really improved from his sophomore year to junior year. It’s not everyday you see a RBs yards per carry increase by 1.6 yards, on nearly the same amount of carries, from one season to the next.

Last edited:
Because they are cheap and a staple of this offense. A year from now we’ll have Wright and Achane on the cheap for 2 more seasons.

Size/speed is rare.

Achane and Wright can be on the field together.

You’re way off on a lot of things and it seems you just want to whine about things you don’t know.

Wright isn’t just fast, he’s big and can break through tackles. He’s a well built 210 lbs and then you combine that with absurd athletic ability (4.38 and 38” vert) and a cheap contract in system designed by run game coordinator head coach, you have a prefect RB room.

We needed a healthier Terron Armstead last year, we needed a healthy Jaelen Phillips last year, we needed healthy Bradley Chubb last year, we needed more of a healthy De’Von Achane, we needed a healthy Connor Williams last year, you needed a better corner than Howard last year, we needed a better TE threat than Smythe last year, we needed a better ILB than Jerome Baker, we needed a better pass defending safety last year.

We upgraded or added insurance/depth at everyone of those positions and you’re literally sitting here complaining about getting one of the top RBs in the draft with 120th pick. Who again I might remind you, will be playing for a HC known for his running game acumen.

And your gripe with Chop Robinson is what? That you know more than all the coaches in the big 10, the associated press voters and scouting staff and coaching staff of the Miami Dolphins? And that you think he’s a bust because you googled his stats after he was selected so you could claim to know something?

Trading a 2025 third rounder, when you’ll still have 2 more as well as plenty of other picks is barely relevant. You think the Dolphins were going to add 10 draft picks to the roster next year?

You’re worried about where a RG, backup safety and third WR are going to come from? Pay attention to free agency this week as players signed after Monday no longer count against the compensatory pick formula.
Wait a minute, we don’t have to wait until June now for those comp picks to not be affected??

Don’t worry about the future. Enjoy the present.
Which part of it? The part where we don't get past the first round? C'mon man, I don't even prescribe to that kind of rhetoric but that was too easy. Trust the process is not a thing Dolphins fans have because, well frankly, the process hasn't worked.

F*ck, I'm not even in that camp and here I am saying this sh*t!

Are you saying an elite running back prospect isn’t worth a third round pick?

No didn’t say that at all. Just not a huge fan of trading a third for a luxury but apparently he’s crazy good value just know nothing about him. Was before we got a third wideout in the 5th so all worked out well.

Yawn, idiot McD goes SPEED again. Hey he's fast! That'll do great in September I'm sure, then come playoff time we can curl up in a foetus position again like a bunch of pansies.

Yippee
negative thinking is going to make us win?

Here. Our depth at these exact positions hurt us quite a bit last year and derailed our season. Those same injuries will affect our 2024 season so filling those positions with depth was critical.

Outside is finding a player to replace Liam Eichenberg, I’m not sure what else anyone wanted us to really address?
IMO Eich can be an adequate starter at G (although I project Driscoll will beat him out at RG), but I don't like him at C. That's the spot I'm most hoping we can upgrade over the balance of the off-season.

Back
Top Bottom