RB Jaylen Wright | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB Jaylen Wright

Utah OG Sataoa Laumea was on the board.

Those Utah OL are physical and violent. They specialize in run blocking and road grading. Yes he needs some coaching but I fully believe he’s a starter level player and at the very least a depth piece right away.

Utah OL emphasize run blocking... trust me.

IIRC, Laumea isn't the most fluid & not a scheme fit for what McD's scheme.

Utah OL emphasize run blocking... trust me.

IIRC, Laumea isn't the most fluid & not a scheme fit for what McD's scheme.
I know what they emphasize which is why I said that exact thing.

This is no knock against you at all but I’m so tired of hearing about scheme fit. All we’ve heard is we need a TE that can block to open up the offense and they go sign Jonnu Smith who is mostly a receiving TE.

I’m just using that as an example. Maybe the scheme fit is overrated. I know finesse is overrated and would have gladly taken my chances with a violent physical wide OG that’s nasty. Maybe that’s what we need to bring some attitude to this team.

It did but it’s bc you don’t question someone else football acumen. I don’t do it to anybody here so I expect it not to be done to me.

I’ve dedicated my life to this game and I know it as well as anyone here. Of course I’m wrong sometimes like everyone but it’s not bc I don’t know what I’m talking about. It’s bc I just missed like everybody does from time to time.

I’m just sick of the losing bro I really am. I want to win a Super Bowl just one time before I go. I want to know what it feels like. Bc lord knows I’ve spent enough time money and effort on this team to last a lifetime.

If I’m wrong on these guys then so be it and I’ll be the first here to eat any crow anyone wants to throw at me and I’ll gladly do it.

I don't doubt your passion.

That said, the one thing that "amuses" me about this site and life in general is that too many take their hobby way to seriously

I know what they emphasize which is why I said that exact thing.

This is no knock against you at all but I’m so tired of hearing about scheme fit. All we’ve heard is we need a TE that can block to open up the offense and they go sign Jonnu Smith who is mostly a receiving TE.

I’m just using that as an example. Maybe the scheme fit is overrated. I know finesse is overrated and would have gladly taken my chances with a violent physical wide OG that’s nasty. Maybe that’s what we need to bring some attitude to this team.

You are an "expert" on Utah football & I'm one on Spencer Rattler or Will Shipley depending on your allegiance.

/s?

I don't doubt your passion.

That said, the one thing that "amuses" me about this site and life in general is that too many take their hobby way to seriously
This isn’t a hobby for me bro.

I do this for a living. Not on the big stage but nonetheless.

My life is great and I’m far more blessed than I deserve and my life won’t change whether we never win another game or never lose another game.

I don’t live and die vicariously through my football team but I hate the “it’s just a game” type comments. That’s fine if that’s how anyone feels but that’s not how everyone feels. It wouldn’t mean so much to me and others if it was “just a game” but to see it year after year after year while watching almost everyone else at some point get over the hump or at the very least get closer than we have in my lifetime is just deflating.

I just watched the Detroit Lions make an NFC championship game. Now we made it in 1993 but I was just a kid and too young to pay any attention but you get my point.

It just gets old bro and that’s what fans forums are for… to vent or celebrate or debate or whatever the case may be.

You are an "expert" on Utah football & I'm one on Spencer Rattler or Will Shipley depending on your allegiance.

/s?
Where did I claim to be an expert?

I just meant I’m very familiar with Utah. Obviously you are a fan so I’ll trust your judgment on that but just bc I’m from SC doesn’t mean I don’t know about Utah or Kyle Whittingham or what he’s done and his scheme and all that. I love college football bro. It’s a religion in the south. I watch everybody not just Clemson.

This isn’t a hobby for me bro.

I do this for a living. Not on the big stage but nonetheless.

My life is great and I’m far more blessed than I deserve and my life won’t change whether we never win another game or never lose another game.

I don’t live and die vicariously through my football team but I hate the “it’s just a game” type comments. That’s fine if that’s how anyone feels but that’s not how everyone feels. It wouldn’t mean so much to me and others if it was “just a game” but to see it year after year after year while watching almost everyone else at some point get over the hump or at the very least get closer than we have in my lifetime is just deflating.

I just watched the Detroit Lions make an NFC championship game. Now we made it in 1993 but I was just a kid and too young to pay any attention but you get my point.

It just gets old bro and that’s what fans forums are for… to vent or celebrate or debate or whatever the case may be.

Ppl embellish their life on the intrawebz incl fan forums all the sodding time.

p.s. It is just a game

p.s.s. Quoting Heath Ledger in a 2008 movie... Why so serious?

To quote from the best comic best movie (of all time), Why so serious?
The shtick gets old. Like any form of comedy, it runs its course and gets old/tired when you try too hard and do it too much

Some of us come in search of a good football or draft debate. We could do without the endless thread hijacking and reaction stalking. It's what pushes good posters from coming to sites and sifting through the garbage.

Ppl embellish their life on the intrawebz incl fan forums all the sodding time.

p.s. It is just a game

p.s.s. Quoting Heath Ledger in a 2008 movie... Why so serious?
Bro that’s fine if that’s how you feel. That’s not how I feel bc it’s not just a game.

Agree to disagree and for the record I’ve always like you as a poster. Very well thought out and intelligent posts.

If you want to say I’m to serious then fair enough but that’s how I am and I wouldn’t want to be any other way.

The shtick gets old. Like any form of comedy, it runs its course and gets old/tired when you try too hard and do it too much

Some of us come in search of a good football or draft debate. We could do without the endless thread hijacking and reaction stalking. It's what pushes good posters from coming to sites and sifting through the garbage.

There is at least an ounce of truth in every pound of sarcasm.

Bro that’s fine if that’s how you feel. That’s not how I feel bc it’s not just a game.

Agree to disagree and for the record I’ve always like you as a poster. Very well thought out and intelligent poster

If you want to say I’m to serious then fair enough but that’s how I am and I wouldn’t want to be any other way.

Don't remember where I was
I realized life was a game
The more seriously I took things
The harder the rules became

And you just know the morons that haven’t sniffed a SB in 40 years know it all right?

Bro I’m as big a college football guy as any on this board. Believe me I don’t need to google stats I know how to watch tape.

You need to pay attention bc obviously you’re just a fan boy that doesn’t have n opinion of his own bc you just copy and paste stats and numbers from his google page like you just did.

I’ve forgotten more about this game than you’ll ever know.

I’ve been a fan since the day I was born so who the h*ll are you to question what I know? You don’t know me.

If you don’t like my “b*tching” about a team that hasn’t won a playoff game in 25 years then ignore me an move on.
It's OK, we will win our playoff game this year. And maybe even the next one too.

Back
Top Bottom