RB Jaylen Wright | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB Jaylen Wright

What you’re saying doesn’t make any sense

We didn’t trade up from that fifth round pick and use it as well
Exactly. Had we just stayed put and used our 5th… we get a player there and we keep our 3rd for next year where we get another player. It makes sense for those that aren’t close minded and even though they don’t agree are at least willing to see it from the other side.

So in reality… we spent 2 picks to draft one guy bc we moved up from the 5th which became a 4th and we used it to select Wright. But now we have one less 3rd for next year.

If you want to say we didn’t spend 2 picks to acquire Wright then ok I can see that logic. But I’m saying if we just stayed put with our 5th we take a guy there and still keep that 3rd for next year.

It’s just a different way of looking at it is all. It’s not worth getting as upset as some are. It’s just a difference of the way we each see it. But again… it’s all done and over with now so theirs really no point in continuing the debate.

Most of you see it the way you do and I see it different and that’s totally ok.

The trade for Wright was about a third the cost of the SF trade for McCaffrey. His salary and cap hit will be a small fraction of McCaffrey’s. So he could be about a third as good as McCaffrey and still make the trade up a good one. And, of course, you don’t know that he won’t be that good or better.
Just as you don’t know that he will. I love that the ones debating all use that logic. Oh you don’t know if he’ll be good or not. But then turn around and claim it was a fantastic pick and he’s going to do this and make us better.

It’s a double standard argument when in reality… none of us know either way. I’m just saying you can’t use it one way to prove your point and then discount the other way when it’s my point bc you don’t agree.

Obviously I hope Wright becomes CmC or even better but banking on or expecting that level of player is unfair expectations to place on a kid that hasn’t played a down in the NFL.

Exactly. Had we just stayed put and used our 5th… we get a player there and we keep our 3rd for next year where we get another player. It makes sense for those that aren’t close minded and even though they don’t agree are at least willing to see it from the other side.

So in reality… we spent 2 picks to draft one guy bc we moved up from the 5th which became a 4th and we used it to select Wright. But now we have one less 3rd for next year.

If you want to say we didn’t spend 2 picks to acquire Wright then ok I can see that logic. But I’m saying if we just stayed put with our 5th we take a guy there and still keep that 3rd for next year.

It’s just a different way of looking at it is all. It’s not worth getting as upset as some are. It’s just a difference of the way we each see it. But again… it’s all done and over with now so theirs really no point in continuing the debate.

Dude what are you talking about?

We kept our fifth round pick and drafted Kamara in that spot

It's not a different way of looking at it at all. Youre just wrong point blank. We used next years third round pick to trade for a pick this year - that is one ( 1 ) player acquired, regardless of what year it happens.

The fifth round pick was then used on someone else. We did get 2 players. 2 now instead of 1 now and 1 next year

You still don't understand. Google it. The 5th rd pick was Mo Kamara. We didn't trade up. It was our next year's 3rd straight up for the the 4th we used on Wright.

I hope you fare well after facing the dissonance being this wrong and stubborn will cause you.

Fins up!

Just as you don’t know that he will. I love that the ones debating all use that logic. Oh you don’t know if he’ll be good or not. But then turn around and claim it was a fantastic pick and he’s going to do this and make us better.

It’s a double standard argument when in reality… none of us know either way. I’m just saying you can’t use it one way to prove your point and then discount the other way when it’s my point bc you don’t agree.

Obviously I hope Wright becomes CmC or even better but banking on or expecting that level of player is unfair expectations to place on a kid that hasn’t played a down in the NFL.
You are the one that has insisted repeatedly and definitively that Wright is not worth what they traded for him, which was a third round pick. So you have the burden of supporting that assertion with . . . something.

The rest of us are saying he is worth a third round pick. That doesn’t require us to prove that he’ll be great, just that he has the risk/reward profile of a third round pick (or higher).

Really going to die on this hill eh.

We used a 2025 3rd round pick to get Wright. That's it, there's nothing to debate.

Dude what are you talking about?

We kept our fifth round pick and drafted Kamara in that spot

It's not a different way of looking at it at all. Youre just wrong point blank. We used next years third round pick to trade for a pick this year - that is one ( 1 ) player acquired, regardless of what year it happens.

The fifth round pick was then used on someone else. We did get 2 players. 2 now instead of 1 now and 1 next year
Yes, he is just shooting with blanks. - LOL
What gave him away, his posts? - LOL

"...A debatable question, an issue open to argument; also, an irrelevant question, a matter of no importance. For example, Whether Shakespeare actually wrote the poem remains a moot point among critics , or It's a moot point whether the chicken or the egg came first..."

Wow congrats you can search the dictionary!!! Notice how the definitions mean opposite things? It's because so many people misuse it.

Or because words can have more than one meaning, like insular or pedantic
And many words are more specific like:
Naked vs. Alone, or smart vs. smartass. - LOL
And there are cliches and statements of fact like:
"His arms are too short for a Tackle" (maybe we are measuring the wrong parts) and "Ray is Right". - LOL

Ahhh good point. I didn't know words could have more than one meaning. Although I don't think pedantic does and insular's islandy meaning isn't from people using the word wrong.

Ahhh good point. I didn't know words could have more than one meaning. Although I don't think pedantic does and insular's islandy meaning isn't from people using the word wrong.
Words do usually have only one meaning.

Many folks try to alter their use because they don't know other words that more accurately define what they are talking about.

Or else they do, and they hope you don't. - LOL

Back
Top Bottom