RB Leonard Henry will play in NFLE, what? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB Leonard Henry will play in NFLE, what?

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Why are we letting this guy take a chance on getting hurt over there, when he's clearly a good RB. He even made our team last year beating out Robert Edwards the backup to Ricky the year before. I know we want him to get some seasoning, but we just change OC's and he need to be around to get some reps andl some time in. Maybe because it's Collier and he know's Henry, it might be okay, but now you're asking your 3rd, maybe even good enough to be your 2nd to play year round ball this year. I don't get it.

NFL EUROPE

The Dolphins allocated at least eight players for NFL Europe duty Monday. QB Clint Stoerner will play for Amsterdam, WR Ronald Bellamy, DB Alphonso Roundtree and S Antwoine Sanders will play for Scotland, RB Leonard Henry will play for Frankfurt, DL Davern Williams and RB Carl Morris will play for Cologne and LB Brenden Givan will play for Berlin.

Dolphins still in the running for QB Brunell

he was inactive for 16 games - he needs some PT to stay ready and get better. It makes sense to me to have our #3 RB over there; it is not T Minor who actually got lots of snaps

Re: Re: RB Leonard Henry will play in NFLE, what?

Originally posted by dolphan39
he was inactive for 16 games - he needs some PT to stay ready and get better. It makes sense to me to have our #3 RB over there; it is not T Minor who actually got lots of snaps

I actually was hoping he pushes Minor for the #2 this year, but this year round ball may wear him out for TC...this does bother me some..I realize he was number 3 and there's no excuse for him not getting more playing time last year. Coaches fault...he should have gotten some reps. Now you take the chance of getting him hurt before the season. I think that's dumb. It may benefit him, I see all the points to good side, but I also recognize the bad side too. That's a lot of football and hitting in one year.

the reason he did not play last year was that he does not play on ST like Minor does - that is why Minor so much more valuable to the team IMO

Originally posted by dolphan39
the reason he did not play last year was that he does not play on ST like Minor does - that is why Minor so much more valuable to the team IMO

I understand, but I think Henry may turn out to be a better RB in the long run..the guy has speed, strength and natural instincts, just need someone in the right positions to believe.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
Why in the world didn't we send LB Corey Jenkins who was such a great athlete but didn't have any experience in the position?
depth chart - he is one of our 6 top LBs and it seems that someone needs to be no higher than 3rd on the depth chart to be sent AFAIK

He can't be that good if he hasn't carried the ball in 2 years. He needs PT, he needs experience, good move by us.

also, it tells us minor will most definitely be retained now...which is good news

Originally posted by SMadison29
He can't be that good if he hasn't carried the ball in 2 years. He needs PT, he needs experience, good move by us.

Go back and look at this guy's stat's coming out of college, we blocked him from going to Arizona in his rookie year, and he beat out Edwards last year..you do the math.

i agree, i like his long term potential over minor, but im not disappointed in this. get him some reps, bring minor back for next season to help on special teams too, then the following year henry will be ready for a bigger role. I think we have the luxury of not needing to rush henry into the mix

the official PR

The Miami Dolphins allocated nine players, including running back Leonard Henry, to the NFL Europe League for the 2004 season.

The nine players are:

WR Ronald Bellamy (Scotland)
WR Nick Davis (Scotland)
LB Brenden Givan (Berlin)
RB Leonard Henry (Frankfurt)
WR Carl Morris (Cologne)
CB Alphonso Roundtree (Scotland)
S Antwoine Sanders (Scotland)
QB Clint Stoerner (Amsterdam)
DT Davern Williams (Cologne)

http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=3129

I can't believe I'm hearing Minor haters! IMO he is the best backup TB in the league. He provides a perfect change-up from Ricky. Not to mention that hes coming into his own as a return man. Sending Henry to Europe is a good move to help him develop for the future.

For all the guys stats coming out of college he was still set to be undrafted when the Dolphins took a flyer on him in the 7th because they had dinner with him and liked him so much personality-wise.

This goes back a long way between you and me all the way to when we argued whether Henry would be one of the cuts to get down to the 53 man roster. He was, and nobody picked him off waivers. We got away with having him on the practice squad for like 12 weeks or somethin until Arizona had a rash of injuries at the RB position and made a couple of offers to practice squad RBs around the league...so then we picked him up off the squad so as not to lose him. I can't remember the details of the battle between him and Edwards last offseason but I do remember thinking that letting go of Edwards had a lot to do with trying to give him a chance to go to a team that would allow him to work his way up the depth chart instead of being blocked out by Ricky Williams at all times.

I'll be payin attention to what Henry does on Frankfurt, it could be interesting because after watching their offense in action you could see they run a very pro style offense that most resembled Turner's offense except the skill at the time was in the WR position not the RB position. This time if Henry is as good as you say, he should be able to rack up the yards. I doubt it will make him too tired to help out, because he doesn't get much (or any) playing time anyway

Also keep an eye on Alphonso Roundtree. Biiig physical bump n run corner with a lot of savvy and play-making ability. I don't think he made the 53 man roster last year but he should have. Surprised they didn't send Korey Banks over.

Back
Top Bottom