RB Situation After This Season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB Situation After This Season

JTBRLZ

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
After this season, what RBs will be available to us? I know that we could sign Edgerrin James or we could draft Clarrett. Anbody know of any other players that could be available to us?

The RB scene looks good after this season, we could prolly fill it with a free agent(Edge or Alexander) or draft a back the first few rounds. If we break the bank in terms of draft picks for a back this season and we still suck on O, we will be forced to rebuild our O without picks.

RB situation

If Edge can have a monster year this year being a few years removed from his ACL injury he is the logical choice although Alexander would not be a bad second choice at all but not for no 3 million a year.

I think Travis Henry will be a free agent also. Either way he will be available if McGahee shows he can be the starter.

Shaun Alexander would be my first choice, but the Seahawks will likely put a franchise tag on him and i don't think we will give up 2 1st rounders for him

JTBRLZ said:
After this season, what RBs will be available to us? I know that we could sign Edgerrin James or we could draft Clarrett. Anbody know of any other players that could be available to us?

I really, really, really, really wish people would get of the Clarrett badwagon. :fire:

WCUgodsmacked13 said:
Shaun Alexander would be my first choice, but the Seahawks will likely put a franchise tag on him and i don't think we will give up 2 1st rounders for him

Sure we could we just did it a few seasons back. Why not do it again? :D

The best PR move this team can do AFTER this year is sign Edge. Sign a guy who WANTS TO BE IN MIAMI! After going through this whole fiasco with Ricky obvoiusly NOT wanting to be in Miami.

I don't care if Edge breaks 2 legs and gets half of his foot chopped off this upcoming season. If Edge is playing football next year it will be in Miami. The Fins need positive PR and signing Edge is clearly a win-win for this team.

First, who's to say Travis Minor won't be successful? I think that he could have a great year and possibly be a longer term replacement for the Fins.

If I remember correctly then Rudi Johnson of the Bengals will be a free agent after this season. I think the Bengals are planning on going with Chris Perry after this year so Rudi could be a good possibly.

Edge is of course the logical choice though. He wants Miami and I am sure Miami would want him especially if he proves he is completely over the ACL. He was the best back in football other than Barry Sanders his first couple of years in the league.

pigskinguy said:
I really, really, really, really wish people would get of the Clarrett badwagon. :fire:
Agreed!

In fact, I'm jumping on the GET OFF CLARETT'S BANDWAGON BANDWAGON!

:D

I know if I hear right Clarett isn't even playing football this year. He will be ready to play NFL Football next year after a year of no contact.

pigskinguy said:

Thank you! This guy is the poster boy for overrated college running backs. I wish I could buy stock in things like "Clarett will have a successful season in the CFL and be drafted in round 2 by the Raiders, then flop." He's Lawrence Phillips with a little less of a rap sheet and a marginally better attitude.

Well if we play poorly which i doubt we will be able to draft a rb...oops qb?

Back
Top Bottom