RB Situation After This Season | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB Situation After This Season

Agreed Clarrett needs to go far far away....Give Miami The EDGE!!! Miami would welcome him with open arms!

jesusfreak26 said:
I know if I hear right Clarett isn't even playing football this year. He will be ready to play NFL Football next year after a year of no contact.
Actually that woul be two years.........he didn't play last year either. yeah there's guy you want to draft. :shakeno:

phunwin said:
Thank you! This guy is the poster boy for overrated college running backs. I wish I could buy stock in things like "Clarett will have a successful season in the CFL and be drafted in round 2 by the Raiders, then flop." [B]He's Lawrence Phillips with a little less of a rap sheet and a marginally better attitude[/B].

Not to mention less talent.

Trade for a RB and draft a QB.... If the 1st round pick isn't given up in the RB trade.

That's exactly why I'd rather deal with the guys we have right now. Don't mortgage our future because of one player lost. Someone on our roster will step up. Next year we may have no need to get a starter, only depth. We shall see though.

Ricky leaving could be the best thing to happen for the Dolphins....We can now get a young RB like Larry Johnson from the chiefs...He sits behind Priest and he is a solid big running back. With Feeley starting at QB and Chambers and Boston on the ends, we may become the throwing dolphins of old....Do you think Marino will come out of retirement and play...haha

We're gonna draft a running back next season as well as make a run at Edge. I think we are going to make sure we have plenty of depth going into the RB situation next season.

Dolfan131 said:
Ricky leaving could be the best thing to happen for the Dolphins....We can now get a young RB like Larry Johnson from the chiefs...He sits behind Priest and he is a solid big running back. With Feeley starting at QB and Chambers and Boston on the ends, we may become the throwing dolphins of old....Do you think Marino will come out of retirement and play...haha[/B]

You laugh but Marino is still better than the clown we got replace him.

anyone have any idea what the Edge contract is in Indy right now? Because it will probably be similar in Miami. Plus, what do you think the Colts will want for him? I bet you they make him a RFA for 1st and 3rd round tenders like we did with OGun.

Not sure...

pigskinguy said:
You laugh but Marino is still better than the clown we got replace him.

...he'd be much of a running back though. i like the idea of the Edge but no guarantees in football. He may not be what he once was.

Wait 1 year to get Edge, we now have the cap room. Then we can draft a QB or OL out of college with a good pick this year because of Ricky Abandoning us like he did:shakeno:

ABrownLamp said:
anyone have any idea what the Edge contract is in Indy right now? Because it will probably be similar in Miami. Plus, what do you think the Colts will want for him? I bet you they make him a RFA for 1st and 3rd round tenders like we did with OGun.
They cant make him a RFA, because next year hell be a UFA. Next year hes free game unless the Colts wanna franchise him, but most people say tht tag is for Marvin Harrison.

BTW, Edge isnt as good as ours next year you know. Although he wants to play in Miami...i can almost guarnatee you an extra 3 million dollars would send him to some scrub RB-less team like the Raiders(im assuming all of there RB's do as expected...not much.)

I'm going to go with the consensus on this one and say we should go after Edge. Here's why...

#1- The guy wants to be here! He's said it publicly and with the fiasco that was this off-season, Miami wants/needs a new "hero". Edge fits this mold perfectly. He's obviously shown that he can be a stud back. If he can stay healthly then he has to be our top choice.

#2- Shaun Alexander isn't going to leave Seattle. The Seahawks FO would have to be out of their minds to let this stud go. Expect a franchise tag on this guy and just give up on him. Personally I would like him better over Edge but the chances of Alexander in Miami are slim to none.

#3- Did I mention the guy wants to be here? I think that fact alone (after all we've been through this off-season and factoring in his talent) is more than enough to go after him.

If we're gonna draft a running back in the 1st rd, it would have to be Carnell Williams from Auburn or Benson from texas, but if Spielman wants to sign or try to trade for a running back James would be the right move. I think while James is the right pr move, Carnell Williams is the right pick

Back
Top Bottom