RB Situation | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB Situation

IF we do have a shot at getting one who would you want as our RB?

• Ricky Williams

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Edgerrin James

Votes: 17 85.0%

• Total voters
???????????????

actually, even though i have been skeptical of fiedler, i think that the o-line needs more attn. than anything!
Atlhough you are 10-5, what is your biggest problem right now, QB or RB?

"I would have to say the same people who let us down every year will do it again this year, the defense. Whether it's a lack of talent or mental weakness, this defense can't hold up when it really counts. That, my friends, is the real reason this team can't get over the hump. "

I wouldn't think that with your running game and QB that you could blame any downfall on your defense. It is what got you here in the first place, right?

The loss of Gardener was huge, and the offense had to raise it up a notch to make up for it. Unfortunately for you guys, it went the other way.

I think your defense is fine. You won't be able to go far in the playoffs unless your OC can put together a plan to take the pressure off Fiedler and incite the running game. When the offense struggled at the beginning of the year, your defense bailed them out.

Your offense need to return the favor.

I totally agree with you. I think our Defense has kept us in alot of games long enough for our Offense to catch up and win the game. Sometimes the Defense won the game for us. Our O-line is banged up, so our running game can't exist which keeps us one-diminsional. :rolleyes: But I STILL have the faith! :D

Faith... that's why we're still Fin Fans.... LoL... I haven't lost the faith yet, if Fiedler can play like we all know he can Miami wins the Super Bowl... plain and simple...

On another note, I'm proud to see a Bills fan who isn't starting arguments. My hats off to DezertBill

offense has problems

No way we get either of those guys without giving up alot ..salaries are to high...as far aswho's to blame? well we are still in the playoffs for a fith straight year and we are still in the hunt for a playoff bye so what is the problem? We are too spoiled as fin fans ...many teams would envy our posistions and thats just the tip ...It cracks me up how our team losses almost the whole offensive line to injuries and yet no one says anything about it as far as it being a reason for our problems....this is just insane! of course we are struggling on offense ! ANY team would be i dont care if its stlouise or pittsburg ...if they were to lose that many starters they would be LUCKEY to have the record we have.the fact that lamar smith has gotten 800 yrds is impressive when you consider the guy is going into 8 man fronts on unimaginative running plays and being hit in the backfield consistantly...I know we would all like to have James or Willams But face it fans if the offensive line isnt there it wont matter ..it all starts up front . If this unit doesnt get hot and show some fire we are again looking at an early eit from the playoffs ! home game or not ! By the way i hope we get the jets in the first round its time to bust that streak and i want another chance this year! GO FINS!!!!

badfoot!

i guess you have missed my posts, i have said the same thing over and over! the o-line needs the attn.!:D

Of course we need to fix the O-Line!

Our #1 priority this off season had better be the O-Line! Two things win championships, dominating defense and an effective running attack. Without a good O-Line, an effective running attack is non-existent. Lamar benefited last year because the line was healthy, and I think we can all agree that his lack of production this year has been caused in part by the battering of the O-line.

Our defense is in good shape as it is, we have half of what we need for a championship. Until we can get the O-Line back to the point where they can open up holes for the RB and give the QB time to make accurate throws, we won't be Super Bowl material.

We first patch the O-Line, and then pick up, say, Beldsoe? Coming in he will have experienced receivers to throw to, and Minor can easily carry the load with a great line blocking for him.

My two cents!

Instead of fixing the O-line, how about fixing the Gatorade machine in the locker room? I hear that stuff is supposed to really get you going and we need all the help we can get. Also if there's a snack machine in there, could we fix that? I'm jonesing for a bag of Bugles!:lol:

Originally posted by DezertBill
"I would have to say the same people who let us down every year will do it again this year, the defense. Whether it's a lack of talent or mental weakness, this defense can't hold up when it really counts. That, my friends, is the real reason this team can't get over the hump. "

I wouldn't think that with your running game and QB that you could blame any downfall on your defense. It is what got you here in the first place, right?

The loss of Gardener was huge, and the offense had to raise it up a notch to make up for it. Unfortunately for you guys, it went the other way.

I think your defense is fine. You won't be able to go far in the playoffs unless your OC can put together a plan to take the pressure off Fiedler and incite the running game. When the offense struggled at the beginning of the year, your defense bailed them out.

Your offense need to return the favor.

38-3, 62-7, 27-0, While yes, the offense has sucked, the defense hasn't played like a championship is at stake either. I've watched this defense implode too many times to trust them. They may play great for periods of time against lesser opponents but I've never seen them line up and dominate against a favored opponent.

You guys won't have a chance to get either...something called salary cap will whack you upside the head, like it did to us this year.

you're right

Originally posted by BigDoug
You guys won't have a chance to get either...something called salary cap will whack you upside the head, like it did to us this year.

Even if Daryl does not retires and totally screw up the cap, we have no starting QB or HB signed for next year and need to cut and re-sign Tim Bo and Brock, so the cap will not allow to use sign EJ, Ricky or (g-d forbid) Bledsoe unless we can completely re-negotiate their contracts. Realistically Williams is the only remote possibibility cause he's in the NFC and the Aints have another HB and he's not EJ.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Just put Gardener into the expansion draft. That way we would free up a lot of cap space.
it would only work if he did not retire and he is taken :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom