Re-Merged-Miami Reported Targeted Cb Nick Harper/Signed by Titans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Re-Merged-Miami Reported Targeted Cb Nick Harper/Signed by Titans

ajbaggott

Scout Team
Reaction score
Harper missed the Super Bowl with a sprained ankle and has played outside the spotlight in Indy, but some people think he's one of the most underrated cornerbacks in the league. I think he would be a really good pick up in the free agent market to help us at the cornerback postion that we need. Plus I dont see him back with the colts because they dont have much cap room and have to sign Dwight freenny still. What are all the dolphins fan opinions on this.

I think your right, I wouldn't mind seeing Harper in Miami next year. I'd say he is a solid number two corner or a very good nickelback and would certainly be an improvement over Andre Goodman. I think the fact that he didn't have a huge playoff, ala Asante Samuel, will keep his price tag reasonable as well. So long as his wife doesn't stab him again, I think it would be a good move.

Oh, I thought Harper played in the Super Bowl, but he just wasn't 100%, but anyway I would love to have Nate Clements, Asuante Samueles, or Harper.

clear.gif
Full Name: Nicholas Necosi Harper
Born: September 10, 1974 Baldwin, GA

Height: 5-10
Weight: 182 lbs.
Pos: CB
Experience: 6 years
College: Fort Valley State
FANTASY
Percent Owned: (Week +/-):
NFL: 3.7% (0.0%)

Avg. Draft Position:
NFL: Undrafted

TACK 75.0 | FF 0 | INT 3

I think he's too old and too small. Just an opinion...

An improvement over our current CB's sure. But I'd wait to see if we can get Clements or Samuel first.

Not a chance at those two CBs.

Harper, Allen, Daniels and Goodman would be a solid top four... but I still think we have a greater need for a top guy, a Samuel or a Clements. Harper is just about in Allen's class IMO, which is alright, but nothing fantastic.

His age and size are two major detourants, but the biggest one for me is that he isn't much of in any upgrade over what we already have. There is no point in brining in a guy that is older to take the place of a younger guy that has the same skill level.

His age and size are two major detourants, but the biggest one for me is that he isn't much of in any upgrade over what we already have. There is no point in brining in a guy that is older to take the place of a younger guy that has the same skill level.

Good point.

By the way, is that Jessica Alba and is she really a Dolphin fan?

Exactly.

Harper missed the Super Bowl with a sprained ankle and has played outside the spotlight in Indy, but some people think he's one of the most underrated cornerbacks in the league. I think he would be a really good pick up in the free agent market to help us at the cornerback postion that we need. Plus I dont see him back with the colts because they dont have much cap room and have to sign Dwight freenny still. What are all the dolphins fan opinions on this.

I'm a little reluctant to bring in anymore Nick's for a while

:D

Harper is above average at best....I live in Indy and have seen TONS of his play....he's not that good. #2 at very best....and even that is suspect.

Back
Top Bottom