Reaction To Freeman Taking Over For Marion Thread.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reaction To Freeman Taking Over For Marion Thread....

DolFinatic718

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I've been on this site all day and haven't heard one response to marion being cut and freeman taking over.

Now i know when freeman was here before knight everyone wanted to see him hit the bench including myself.

Now he is taking over for someone whom i personally like, someone who has made the pro bowl for 3 out of his last 4 yrs. now i know he is old and monetary reasons played into him being released, but what do you guys think?

Freeman does get alot of tackles when he is in, but usually pro bowl means INT'S!!

i will miss not seeing marion in a miami jersey next year, i also personally loved this guy on our D but freeman will be great on the long ball and we have knight around to lay the licks..... tbuck and mr surtan will be getting those INTS i hope ;)

Freeman does miss a tackle or two. I mean even Trent Green can put a block on him. I completely dislike the release of Marion. If the Fins stick with Freeman, it'll be over for the defense.

Pro Bowl means nothing. Marion wasn't even in the top half of the safeties this year and had a $500k roster bonus coming. Give Freeman the spot and bring in some competition and let them go for it.

Freeman's been playing outta position for 2 years. He's a FS not a SS. He played pretty well when subbing for Marion at FS in 2001 with a sack, INT and 6 PD's.

We need speed, and its time for marion to move on. Also we need to fined out if Freeman is the answer or do we need to go to the Draft.

well i diaggree with the marion bashers. he was damn good at his position, other wise he would not of been a starting saftey in the pro bowl. and he showed what he does even in the pro bowl. he very rarely got beaten, and if he did it wasn't even on his side. yea we need speed so thats why i am for letting freeman gettin some time in. put him in wr school or something like madden, get his hands better. but marion was a damn good safety.

Marion has been very good for us, but I think he's lost a step. That said, I don't like Freeman and don't want him to be our starter.

Brock can only play the short field that why he got most of his tackles.Marion is old time to release him

marion.. was personally responsible for the blown coverages that cost us the game against the pats in OT ... and the one against philly ... he was beginning to look slow ... and it was obvious .. that the pass coverage was slipping cause of his slow reactions ... i love brock.. but i think it is time to move on ... he was the capt of the secondary... people don't realize that freeman was an intrical part of the nickel and dime packages... his speed is sorely needed ..

Originally posted by fellows
Brock can only play the short field that why he got most of his tackles.Marion is old time to release him

if u gonna say something say something with merit, if u gonna bash someone atleast be honest. most of marions INT'S are from deep throws.

Pro Bowl selections don't mean much anymore. Marion did not deserve to be in Honolulu this year. Marion isn't as good in coverage as he used to. Freeman is faster, but I am not sure if he will be better. He is a bad tackler. Freeman is a FS and when he played SS in 2002 he was playing out of position.

I am not sure that the Dolphins even tried to restructure Marion's contract, which really says a lot. If the Dolphins thought Marion was worthy of being on this team next year, they would have tried to keep him, and from what I know, they didn't.

On the one hand we wont get as many turnovers. People talk about Knight's instincts and ball hawking ability while being slow but Marion puts him to shame for that kind of thing.

Still he was getting old. We may not have the access to the game tapes and the knowledge to judge whether or not he was a liability in coverage, but the coaches didnt even try to restructure him and they cut him in order to save approximately a million bucks...not exactly Griese-like savings. That should really tell us something.

Freeman the one thing I dont think he gives us is pickoffs. But he is very athletic and can run all over the field, and tackle. At FS he can be more rangy I think where at SS he had to work angles better.

I'm looking forward to having Freeman, he cant do any worse then he did a year ago. Plus how many times you see a deep pass thrown in marions way and all you see is the back of his jersey while the WR trots into the endzone. It was nice stay and now its time to move on.

"Reaction To Freeman Taking Over For Marion Thread...

I like it.

I like Marion and I'll miss him, but it was time for him to go. He can still use his instincts to get some ints, but he also is a liability deep. And frankly his salary is too high.

Back
Top Bottom