Reaction To Freeman Taking Over For Marion Thread.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reaction To Freeman Taking Over For Marion Thread....

i wouldve liked to keep Both Marion and Freeman for depth & Security purposes....

Great move. It's what I was waiting for.

Interesting thing about Marion is that while he did make the pro bowl 3 of the last 4 years, when he hit the FA market 2 years ago noone came a knocking.

Originally posted by VManis
Interesting thing about Marion is that while he did make the pro bowl 3 of the last 4 years, when he hit the FA market 2 years ago noone came a knocking.

That's true..good point. No one came a knocking...but when the pro-bowl ballots were handed out..they voted him in...it's weird. Maybe he was only "name" left on the ballot..because his stats were not THAT great.

All in all, he did a very good job..he left his mark in Dolphins history. He was part of the resurgence of the D after the mediocre years of the early 90's. One of the best..if not THE best free agent Miami signed.

When Freeman started it was out of position at SS.Now he's gonna play his natural position of FS and I think he'll do a good job.

Ozzy rules!!

Arturo Freeman? Bring in Kendall Edwards! See my thread on "A Very Special Player we can get cheap"

I'm very pleased with B. Marion getting cut.....

He was getting "toasted / burnt to a crisp" way too much over the last two seasons. I never thought BM was that good to begin with. He was the product of the talent around him more than anything IMO.....

A. Freeman is younger, faster, and cheaper. He'll be a fine replacement IMO. His speed will keep those deep passes at a minimum as well.....

PHINZ RULE!!!:pirate:

The one thing that will be missed with Marion is his leadership. Brock was the general out in the secondary. Freeman is going to have to stand up and take some of this leadership on. I hope he is ready for this. Maybe Sammy Knight can help him out. It will be interesting to watch to see if Freeman blooms to the players the coaches feel he can be.

Brock was a solid player, but if we are being honest, he was a step slow last season and he's not going to get any faster. Every GM knows that it is better to get rid of a player a year early than a year to late.

Besides, it was clear that Arturo was not going to come back to sit. It was either him or MArion and so the older guy had to go for the younger guy with some upside.

That's just the reality of the NFL.

All of you Brock-Bashers...

this was our first season in a Zone Defense. He was not used to it as everyone else was not. I bet if you gave him and the whole team another year with it, he would not look so "slow" and get burned "so much"

We always played zone with our safeties. Always. We have rarely ever played man.

Besides on the plays he got burnt we were in man coverage and the WR cut across him or he bit on a PA.

The changes affected our CBs.

It affected our whole secondary. It isn't like every play is CBs cover for 5 yards and safeties take them the rest of the way. Zone defense was a problem the team had and didn't adjust to it all the way. Remember Hyde or someone wrote an article on it. We should have given Brock at least one more year.

No it didn't. Our safeties have been playing zone coverage since the whole JJ defense came. No he should not have received another year.

I liked Marion too, his run with the Dolphins was nothing short of spectacular, and I'll miss him.....but I believe the transition from Marion to Freeman will be seemless, he's younger, quicker and has the ability to defend the deep pass, something that Marion was unable to do (See Week 15 vs PHI). With that, God speed Brock Marion and good luck playing in the NFC where we don't have to play against you....

Back
Top Bottom