Reactions to the draft! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reactions to the draft!

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
In my opinion, I grade the draft as a B/B-. I didn't like that we gave away a 4th rounder to move up one spot which also led to us trading away our 3rd rounder. On day 2, I really like what we did. Poole was a 1st round talent that fell to us and he'll be a great dime back I believe. I think Bua sounds like he's an aggressive player who'll take the place of Hendricks in time (He sounds like he's got a mean streak which is good). I believe Hadnot or Pape will make the team on the OL and I really like Pope. Some don't like the fact that we didn't pick up a Receiver but with Wanny saying we'll be playing less 3 WR sets, there might not have been any player that would come in contribute from the draft. Plus, I feel we have enough depth with Boston, Chambers, Thompson, Tolver, Simmons, Minnis, Wilkins, Nick Davis, and Carl Morris to choose 5 or 6 WR's. What's your reaction?

My grade is B to B+.

I take issue with what happened in the 1st round, but I am very satisfied with the rest of the draft and for that matter the rest of the job RS has done so far.

Jimmy James said:
My grade is B to B+.

I take issue with what happened in the 1st round, but I am very satisfied with the rest of the draft and for that matter the rest of the job RS has done so far.
Homer.......;) :lol:

A-

I think we did much better than could have been expected, given the lack of picks. We filled the biggest need and got a steal.

I never agreed with the need for drafting a WR, so I'm happy that the Fins didn't. Considering how often the Fins use 5-6 DBs, I think we will get better use of a CB than a WR, especially since we have so many WRs already.

If Wade Smith (our 2nd Rd pick this year that we gave up last year in the Trade) develops into a solid starter this year (no real reason to doubt that) then this Draft is an "A", otherwise a "B" due to lack of picks.

I don't think you can rate this years draft for a couple of years. But soley on appearance I'll give it a B-.

Honestly I'm going to hold judgement until we see these guys in action. I haven't heard of any of them aside from Carey and Poole, but if somehow they all represent and dominate, then I'll give us a high grade

B
Carey and Poole should be a great addition to the team
Poole will not be a Jamar Fletcher disappointment

Personally Carey should play guard
Jerman and Whitley i just don't feel confortable with

I like Spiel's aggressiveness in the first round. He wanted Carey and the there was a chance he wouldn't make it to the 20th pick...so he went and got him. I've been saying he would be our pick for the last month (the pat on the back was unintentional, but felt good just the same).

As for Bua, Poole, Pope, Pape and Hadnot. We added some much needed depth to the oline and real contenders for play on special teams (including nickle and dime situations). Spiel stuck primarily with players from larger programs (Miami, Bama, Houston, Southern Cal, Michigan and Arkansas) - which I like. Hadnot could end up starting (eventually) pushing McKinney out to RG.

I'd like to see him be more aggressive in the college free agent market since we only had six picks, but he has only landed three players so far (LB Winston Taylor, Illinois - CB Kelvin Millhouse, Hawaii - TE Ben Moa, Utah). It would've been nice to bring in a WR or QB. Even a RB would have been nice...Minor and Henry may not be around much longer.

It's tough to grade a draft this early, but if you include Wade Smith as our second rounder, I'd have to give him an A-. If Carey ends up a starter it would be the first draft since the Richmond Webb and Kenneth Simms Era that a draft produced two starting olinemen.

Call me a homer! However, I'm curious to see if Damion McIntosh is retained or released. I think he or St Clair will be gone soon.

I'd like to see the line this way:
LT - Wade Smith
LG - Jeno James
C - Seth McKinney
RG - Vernon Carey
RT - Damion McIntosh

That's what DW said, but don't think for a second that Carey being a T is carved in stone. If it comes down to St. Clair and Carey for those two spots and the good of the team is served by having St. Clair on the outside, Carey will play guard...

St Clair flourished on the Inside at center when he was in college so i think he will be a good addition as a guard.

Back
Top Bottom