Reactions to the draft! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reactions to the draft!

I think it is more likely St. Clair would be the guard myself, but I could also see VC not really being quite ready to be an effective T as a rookie. Time will tell...

DolphinVJ said:
If Wade Smith (our 2nd Rd pick this year that we gave up last year in the Trade) develops into a solid starter this year (no real reason to doubt that) then this Draft is an "A", otherwise a "B" due to lack of picks.

I like your philosphy! So basically, we got all of our draftees this year plus we got the following:

2nd Wade Smith
5th Junior Seau

Gotta give the draft an A :cool:

I have to give it an A-, i like the picks and i understand why we had to move up one spot (IF its true that NE was trying to work out a trade with the Vikings to get that spot and pick Vern) otherwise we would have lost out. I do wish we got a WR and thats why its an A- but i am overall happy with the decisions that RS has made. he knows talent better than any of us and i trust his judgement. i think it would be better pick up a vet WR after June 1st anyway... these are guys you know will produce some but you dont have to rely on them completely because we have CC and DB as 1 and 2. So overall... good job RICK!!

MissMeth said:
I have to give it an A-, i like the picks and i understand why we had to move up one spot (IF its true that NE was trying to work out a trade with the Vikings to get that spot and pick Vern) otherwise we would have lost out. I do wish we got a WR and thats why its an A- but i am overall happy with the decisions that RS has made. he knows talent better than any of us and i trust his judgement. i think it would be better pick up a vet WR after June 1st anyway... these are guys you know will produce some but you dont have to rely on them completely because we have CC and DB as 1 and 2. So overall... good job RICK!!

:clap:

I give the draft a B, only because I would like to have seen us trade down and get a 2nd rounder but I like most of the picks...
Hey Double Jim...thats funny that DW said that about Carey, because I thought I read that he told St. Clair, when he was signed, that he would be our RT...I'm not arguing with you, but with the cross-statements by DW....anyways, I agree that St. Clair would benefit from being inside and we'd get the most from him...the only thing is, if Carey has trouble with the RT spot, particularly in camp, they may move him inside and give the RT spot to St. Clair who has more experience...I would have to think that under that scenario, Carey would be a better choice at RG than Jerman and we could move him back out to tackle next year....just a thought...

Back
Top Bottom