Read em and jump off the board bandwagoners! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Read em and jump off the board bandwagoners!

Chambers Always dorps balls when he tries to catch em with his stomach. When he uses his hands, its a catch, when he uses his body, its not. and thats the WR coaches fault i believe.

Actually no. I think he has a good upside, but the players someone was using in their argument(wayne, smith, harrison) are actually ALL number ones. This kid definitely isn't........yet.

and NO ONE EVER mentioned hagan a number one so how irrelivant is that post?

Shaun Alexander had an injury... But ok... You don't like those RBs... I'll add others...

Jamal Lewis, Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee, Steven Jackson, Willie Parker, Deuce McCallister, Frank Gore...

Ronnie isn't sniffing a top 10 ranking...

Jamal Lewis? When you feel resistance, it means you have pushed the Q-tip in too far.

The knock on Hagan coming out of college was that he dropped passes, easy ones. What did he do this year in the pros? He dropped passes, easy ones. They knew what they were getting with this kid and it isn't a number one.

That was the same thing said of Chambers... We knew what we were getting....

Here is a snippet from some of the draft gurus...

Negatives:
While he has blazing speed, he sometimes looks hesitant in his initial step off the line...Little stiff running his routes and inconsistent protecting the ball on the run...Not always aware of the playing field and tends to have balance problems working the sidelines...While his hands are better than former Badger Tony Simmons (New England), much like Simmons, he can drop the easy passes due to a lack of concentration and only adequate hands (has made improvements in this area over the last year), especially when he gets into a rhythm where he body-catches, rather than extend for the ball...Flashes some flexibility adjusting to the ball, but he's not as aware of his surroundings on the field as one would like.
GAZING INTO THE CRYSTAL BALL... I don't know what it is with Wisconsin receivers. They are all tall, athletic and great blockers, but just seem to be lacking that one major ingredient to be the total package - natural hands. Chambers is much like the Pats' Tony Simmons, in where he will have a great play and then slowly disappear from the game. His athletic ability is what will get him drafted earlier than his productivity and it would not surprise me if he gets a first round nod.

Interesting, his productivity was not a strong suit in College either, except his last year...

Link: Link: http://www.footballsfuture.com/2001/profile/chris_chambers.html
…………………………………………………………………………………

From an USA Today Draft Article…a few snippets…

WEAKNESSES:
Has history of dropping balls and letting easy catches slip out of his fingers… never really had breakout performances until his senior season… weak blocker despite size and strength.

Link: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/2001draft/bios/chrischambers..

So tell us what these draft gurus have said 6 years ago is not relevant about Chris today...

That was the same thing said of Chambers... We knew what we were getting....

Here is a snippet from some of the draft gurus...

[quote] Negatives: While he has blazing speed, he sometimes looks hesitant in his initial step off the line...Little stiff running his routes and inconsistent protecting the ball on the run...Not always aware of the playing field and tends to have balance problems working the sidelines...While his hands are better than former Badger Tony Simmons (New England), much like Simmons, he can drop the easy passes due to a lack of concentration and only adequate hands (has made improvements in this area over the last year), especially when he gets into a rhythm where he body-catches, rather than extend for the ball...Flashes some flexibility adjusting to the ball, but he's not as aware of his surroundings on the field as one would like.

GAZING INTO THE CRYSTAL BALL... I don't know what it is with Wisconsin receivers. They are all tall, athletic and great blockers, but just seem to be lacking that one major ingredient to be the total package - natural hands. Chambers is much like the Pats' Tony Simmons, in where he will have a great play and then slowly disappear from the game. His athletic ability is what will get him drafted earlier than his productivity and it would not surprise me if he gets a first round nod.

Interesting, his productivity was not a strong suit in College either, except his last year...

Link: Link: http://www.footballsfuture.com/2001/profile/chris_chambers.html

A simple test:

Here are a list of the offensive skill position players on the Dolphins:

QB Daunte Culpepper
RB Ronnie Brown
TE Randy McMichael
WR Chris Chambers
WR Marty Booker
WR Wes Welker

{Shotgun Formation}

If you were playing in a fantasy league, how many players would you take before the above players at their positions? I can at least name five per position:

QB: Manning, Palmer, Brees, Brady, Bulger
RB: Tomlinson, Johnson, Alexander, Bush, Jones-Drew
TE: Gates, Gonzalez, Shockey, Heap, LJ Smith,
WR: Holt, Harrison, Ward, Fitzgerald, Boldin, TO, Wayne, Santana Moss, Coles, Javon Walker

(I added more receivers for emotional impact)

It's not that the Dolphins players aren't talented. They are not talented enough to carry a team. It's not about bandwagons, its about lack of production. You can say Ronnie Brown doesn't receive enough carries, which is a legitimate complaint. I can't excuse the lack of production from the other positions.
Our entire offense sucked and it all starts with piss poor play calling from Mularky and for Saban letting it happen. Not to mention we are still in QB hell.

so you DONT think that the inability to run the ball means taht you throw the ball more? we had RW running for 1800 yards and 1300 yards and a QB that coulndt throw jack crap. What you expect? give the ball to a man for a sure 100 yard game or pass it wiht a QB thats pretty much not capable of doing much outside of a 7 yard pass. you guys are so narrowminded. THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX man.

obviously if you can't run the ball your goin to throw the ball. we ran the ball instead of thorwing it 234423 times.

:saberfigh not getting anywhere, agree to disagree

Back
Top Bottom