Really Hope No Qb At #13 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Really Hope No Qb At #13

yep its a talking point thrown around on FH. Just don't worry about QB "build both lines" lol. Like its easy to just have 5 all pros up front. Why not secure the most important position?

However, in this draft im all for Oline, and defensive playmakers
Because he won't do you any good flat on his back(or on IR)

Rogers was a big miss - You are convinced that these QBs are that awesome I highly doubt they are more than average - Kyler is better in my opinion but each has huge risks

We don’t know do we?...There was no consensus on Rodgers....or Brees!

You have to take a swing to hit a home run...!

Because he won't do you any good flat on his back(or on IR)
Again another mind numbing post. You do NOT pass on the future qb as you wait to perfect the line. Many teams have bad o lines. seattle's is terrible Wilson is alive. Of course you want to upgrade your line, this whole notion of waiting until the O line is perfect is really dumb.

So how would you build the line to your liking to where we can get a qb? Is New England loaded with high picks? is it possible the Qb who is great pre snap and coaching helps them?

Again another mind numbing post. You do NOT pass on the future qb as you wait to perfect the line. Many teams have bad o lines. seattle's is terrible Wilson is alive. Of course you want to upgrade your line, this whole notion of waiting until the O line is perfect is really dumb.

So how would you build the line to your liking to where we can get a qb? Is New England loaded with high picks? is it possible the Qb who is great pre snap and coaching helps them?
Don't know about you but I would like to have more than one good lineman before I send out my franchise. Also, if you're looking for a guy that can evade like Russell Wilson, you will be searching for quite some time

We went through this oline or QB thing way back when it was Jake Long vs Matt Ryan (vs Chris Long vs Glenn Dorsey to a lesser extent). I was in the Long camp for a lot of the same reasons posted in this thread but it's safe to say I was wrong. Ya live ya learn.

Don't know about you but I would like to have more than one good lineman before I send out my franchise. Also, if you're looking for a guy that can evade like Russell Wilson, you will be searching for quite some time
I would rather identify my QB get him and then try to upgrade the line..There is a guy who can evade like RW, but hes going first overall. There are also guys who get the ball out quickly, can move within the pocket. There are a lot of teams that say they have bad O lines..Which is interesting bc they all seem to have bad QBs.
Its interesting how NE, GB, Pitt O lines seem to work..I wonder if it is the guy behind center?

I do agree our o line is NOT good, its bad. But, you don't pass on the most important position so you can build the line. That said, I don't see a QB that will be available at 13 worth taking.
Hopefully we get 2 starters on the O line and a defensive difference maker out of this draft.

Will never understand that logic...but if that’s what happens it better work... you starting throwing away years avoiding drafting QB’s and two decades go by before you know it. (See the 2000-2018 Miami Dolphins)

Start throwing away years....Really? You mean like the last 20? I would take a chance on the top 3 qb prospects next year over this years class and its not close.

I like Haskins ability and think he could be a good pro in the right system/team. But he needs an offensive line with his limited athleticism. Do we have that? Or do we want to put another qb behind a worthless offensive line and ruin him too? We have 5 picks this draft. We need to acquire more picks for 2020. I really don't even understand why this is up for debate. All the good teams draft well and develop these picks. We need more picks not trade picks or reach for whatever qb is there at 13..

I would rather identify my QB get him and then try to upgrade the line..There is a guy who can evade like RW, but hes going first overall. There are also guys who get the ball out quickly, can move within the pocket. There are a lot of teams that say they have bad O lines..Which is interesting bc they all seem to have bad QBs.
Its interesting how NE, GB, Pitt O lines seem to work..I wonder if it is the guy behind center?

I do agree our o line is NOT good, its bad. But, you don't pass on the most important position so you can build the line. That said, I don't see a QB that will be available at 13 worth taking.
Hopefully we get 2 starters on the O line and a defensive difference maker out of this draft.
you realize all 3 of those teams have O-lines ranked in the top ten?

Insert your 2 offensive line starters and defensive play maker with these picks.

Round 1, No. 13
Round 2, No. 48
Round 4, No. 116
Round 7, No. 233
Round 7, No. 234

Your in for a qb round 1. So with picks in 2,4,7,7, we can hopefully get 2 online starters and defensive difference maker?

you realize all 3 of those teams have O-lines ranked in the top ten?

3 of the bottom 4 pass blocking lines last year, finished 1st or 2nd in their division. With QBs such as, Philip Rivers, Deshaun Watson and Kirk Cousins. Those QBs did just fine.

3 of the bottom 4 pass blocking lines last year, finished 1st or 2nd in their division. With QBs such as, Philip Rivers, Deshaun Watson and Kirk Cousins. Those QBs did just fine.
You don't need a great QB to achieve a first round exit. Heck, the Dolphins just did that with Tannehill and Moore.
Another stat: 7 of the top 10 ranked O- lines made the playoffs last year

Trade down
1. Cody Ford RT or LG
2. Burns or Polite DE
3. Herbig or similar OL
3. Insert your own
4. Finley/Grier/Stick QB developmental

Stay at Home
1. Haskins
2. Burns or Polite DE
3. Herbig or other similar
4. Small school Tackle or 2nd flight Guard.

Sure, it's a projection, but in general... these are the type of results we'd get.

So... how much do we really like Haskins or Lock.

While I prefer the team works on improving the offensive line and the defensive line and the line backers, I would not complain if they could get Haskins at #13.

There was a video where one of the network bobble heads was asking him to go over one of his plays from last year in detail, stopping the tape and going back and asking what the defense was doing and why he made the reads he used and why he made his final decision as to where to put the ball.

Haskins is not great at articulation, but it was clear to me that he knew what he was doing. He had valid reasons for not passing to some of his first reads and why he waited to get the ball out to one of his secondary reads. Some of the decisions were based on the defenses alignments, some on a defensive players positioning in those alignments (eyes on the QB or playing off the receiver, etc.), and how open the receiver was likely to be and the one that surprised me was the down & distance were used in conjunction with all those things. I felt he was very impressive knowledge wise, and he appeared to be very quick in his thinking. I suspect one reason his articulation was poor was due to his trying to talk as fast as he thought.

I'd run up the card for Haskins. On the fence with Lock.

Keep in mind, Miami as of right now, may have the worst quarterback situation in football. I know the strength of the draft is defensive line and the team could wait until 2020. I'm fine with that unless the organization feels a quarterback from 2019 can become a top 10 NFL quarterback. In my view, Haskins can be that.

Quarterback has to be the biggest priority, followed by so many other needs.[/QUOTE
Will never understand that logic...but if that’s what happens it better work... you starting throwing away years avoiding drafting QB’s and two decades go by before you know it. (See the 2000-2018 Miami Dolphins)
i agree with u. from 2000-2018 all coach got fired for same reason no QB. dolphins is one of the hardest playing team in nfl. but without above avg qb 6 to 8 win a yr. a qb like that would make our GM look good and oline as well..

Back
Top Bottom